• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Still have 1 selection to make on the Glint banner, I think i've narrowed it down to the following:

Elarra Glint - Have USB1/BSB/LMR
Tyro Glint ( 2k heal + esuna) - Have USB3, AASB, LMR
Terra Fire glint - Have AASB, w-fire LMR

I like Elarra glint cause it's more healing in a pinch, but I'd venture to say USB1 still does a phenomenal job of keeping up with heals.

Tyro's glint gives a mediocre heal, but i think there's utility in the group esuna as it serves as a slot saver for ultra cure.

Terra's glint will give me a cheaper and more stable source of en-fire.

FWIW I grabbed Squall's en Ice glint as he is near maxed out for me, ice wise at least.

I would definitely go Terra. That said I haven't looked at what Shiva throws out but I've had great luck with enfusion glints-aasb on 6*s including wind Terra.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Worth starting this in 2020? Of all the FF gacha I tried this I liked the best. And I am looking for some nice gacha to play here and there casually where I can collect characters I feel some nostalgia for. All those random animu collectors just don't do it for me. Does it have auto battles, I don't remember?
I did started this like 2 weeks ago, mostly because of FF nostalgia... and I am playing mostly on auto to collect chars and listen to the FF musics... cant say much about the game itself, it feels like that unless you have to play endgame things, everything else can just auto battled.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Grats Pharaun and Anustart on your latest Odin kills :)

I'm still banging my head against water weak myself :/
Got it to 5% once but since then I haven't been able to go past turn 15 Zantetsuken where I somehow manage to always break 60% just before it so it gets 3 stacks of enrage... Tried many different approaches but I can't make it past that. And even then, Elarra USB1 as the only healer might not cut it anyway (I'm thinking that my one attempt at 5% was just huge luck)
I've got to try something else I guess.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
.... Hey, its me again

i5CRCvR.jpg

OK CSB, Chain Stoneja/wrath, magic LM/LMR, DMT
Ingus USB, Gaia Force, LM1/2, +knight
Desch AASB, Chain Thundaja, LM1/2, +lightning
Arc SSB, Ultra Cure/Shellga, LM1/2, MM
Luneth glint/AOSB, Flash Disaster/Running Start, LM1/enwind LMR, +weakness
Priestess RW

I did say the last post would be the last torment in a while....
Well, its quite simple actually, Arc ultra cure Ingus then Shellga, then SSB or RW when needed. OK starts chain after ingus is back then wrath to refresh chain and then spams Chain Stoneja. Ingus summons Titan then Gaia Force until USB. Desch uses Chain Thundaja until AASB. Luneth spams Flash Disaster, using glint until 3 stacks, then Running Start -> AOSB near the end.

And Desch AASB gets stronger for each female party members present..

Now 13/17, with only II, XI, XII and XIII remaining. But, unless the game just decides to give me another free AASB, I don't think I'm sub30ing those realms any time soon.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
I would definitely go Terra. That said I haven't looked at what Shiva throws out but I've had great luck with enfusion glints-aasb on 6*s including wind Terra.

Yeah I think I've narrowed it down to Terra's glint or Tyro's glint...

Battling Ramuh right now, can get him down to around 50%, but it's sort of a stale mate. He can't kill me, and I can't really bring his health down fast enough. Need to learn the fight a bit more.

I took a look at Ramuh's AI and he's got a rage problem lol. I'm thinking of leaving him at full rage in Phase 1 and then when I begin Tifa's AASB in Phase 2, bring his rage down with Titan?

Oct 25, 2017
.... Hey, its me again

OK CSB, Chain Stoneja/wrath, magic LM/LMR, DMT
Ingus USB, Gaia Force, LM1/2, +knight
Desch AASB, Chain Thundaja, LM1/2, +lightning
Arc SSB, Ultra Cure/Shellga, LM1/2, MM
Luneth glint/AOSB, Flash Disaster/Running Start, LM1/enwind LMR, +weakness
Priestess RW

I did say the last post would be the last torment in a while....
Well, its quite simple actually, Arc ultra cure Ingus then Shellga, then SSB or RW when needed. OK starts chain after ingus is back then wrath to refresh chain and then spams Chain Stoneja. Ingus summons Titan then Gaia Force until USB. Desch uses Chain Thundaja until AASB. Luneth spams Flash Disaster, using glint until 3 stacks, then Running Start -> AOSB near the end.

And Desch AASB gets stronger for each female party members present..

Now 13/17, with only II, XI, XII and XIII remaining. But, unless the game just decides to give me another free AASB, I don't think I'm sub30ing those realms any time soon.

Xi can be taken out using mainly lens relics. I ran lion Shan aphmau prishe and curila with ssbs and USBs for my sub 30. Fun team, a bit motley. Does take an investment in otherwise useless characters.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Man, now I've got to decide what I want for my LMR select and if I'm going to do the AASB select or not (heavily leaning no but I'll sleep on it). After some hemming and hawing I got my list down to this:

Galuf w-cast (my physical earth chain holder, I do have some random older stuff for him but no USBs)
Faris w-cast (my wind team is my most broken, and I've got her wind chain, USBs, glint etc)
Kefka w-cast (AASB)
Sephiroth w-cast (this is a lock since I have him fully kitted with AASB and USB2, main reason I did the select)
Ramza w-cast (Holy chain, I've also got everything else for him *except* any of his USBs)
Agrias w-cast (I have all of her tech minus AASB, waifu, etc)

Seph is a lock, and among the rest Faris and Ramza are the only ones *not* in the lens shop currently (and I'm sitting on like 12k tier 2 lenses so I could grab any of the rest if the immediate need arose). For Ramza in particular he's a favorite and is dived because of his BSB2 and Holy Chain, but I actually almost feel like I'd be better off grabbing his offensive Holy USB off the lens shop more than anything?

It almost kind of kills me to say it, but Faris is maybe actually my best choice? If everything else is on the shop and I can grab them if I NEED to, it comes down to her and Ramza and I feel like she'd actually get more use since she's only my broken ass wind team (Bartz/Zidane/Cloud), especially since Ramza's USB2 would almost be a wash if not better depending on the situation. Also right now I have to sometimes decide if I want to bring Agrias for imperil or Marche for USB quickcast, so Ramza could kind of replace Marche for that purpose?

Maaaaaan am I really grabbing Faris' thief w-cast here lol. Not that it's bad, but I wasn't that expecting going into this.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Holy weak Odin down.

This one took a little fiddling to get right. I started with

Rem - Holyja, Lunar Dragon, Glint, Aasb
TGC - Healing Smite, Aasb, Aosb, Osb
Agrias - Assault sabre, Aasb, Osb
Ramza - Aegis strike, Saint Cross, Csb
Penelo - Passionate salsa, G+, Aasb, Usb2

But I needed Lakshmi as my main magicite to avoid the blind from curse and that left Rem just a hair under 10k HP. I was going to magia farm another 50 points for her and try again before I realized that I was being dumb. I have Rydia Aasb & aosb but for some reason my brain classifies them as water sb's, and I have her magia HP already done. I swapped Rem out for Rydia and it only took my 3 tries to get the win.

Water Odin is up next.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Got Dr. Mog's AOSB from the daily, and Palom's Awakening for my 100 gems. This game has giving me lots of random goodies lately, but not much luck getting things I'm actually chasing.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
5 Odin Kills

5 Odin accessories gained

IX only

Order of images:
Water weak (no enWater)
Fire weak
Ice weak (no enIce)
Lightning weak
Wind weak

y2ZWqxIl.jpg
0GBRGrEl.jpg
q59N8Zdl.jpg
ThSFBvTl.jpg
xrJg4oul.jpg

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
WarAdept:

Now that's impressive.

I'm curious how you did enough damage to beat water-weak and lightning-weak.

MrDaravon:

You could just... not get any LMRs right now? Do you need them for anything specific?

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
WarAdept:

Now that's impressive.

MrDaravon:

You could just... not get any LMRs right now? Do you need them for anything specific?

I already did the LMR Select specifically for Seph's LMR, I'm just trying to pick my 2nd option. I'm still annoyed Locke's w-cast isn't on this.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
WarAdept:

Now that's impressive.

Zidane using Aqua Lower under trance and AASB means he will imperil water Odin very very quickly while doing respectable DPS. Vivi's USB3 grants QC, a chase that deals 6 hits of Water/Ice/Lightning damage with a 10 hit finisher that does the same elements.

Under USB1, USB3 and AASB, Vivi is able to throw out 15-21 hits, with all 3 granting magic up bonuses (which stacks with realm chain).

Garnet, while she does have an AASB, it's a hybrid DPS/Imperil one, not capable of granting her double cast. However, under USB2 and AASB, every second cast of Dark Ixion results in 20 hits + imperil due to both SB's granting chases every second cast.

Vivi again does the aformentioned stuff, but with lightning this time.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Finally took down FFV Torment. I get why I never see anyone use Faris CSB for this; even with both of Bartz's Awakenings I was somehow still having a ton of trouble trying to sub-30 this with those two being the only real contributors to the chain (Galuf and Kelger basically amounted to chip damage by comparison). What ultimately pushed me over the edge was a combo of dualcasting luck and using Typhon instead of Lakshmi as my main.

Probably could've ended up being easier with the RW chain, but I stubbornly wanted to make this work, haha.

5 Odin Kills

5 Odin accessories gained

IX only

Impressive as always, War. I assume you're aiming for the rest of the elements eventually?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Impressive as always, War. I assume you're aiming for the rest of the elements eventually?

Holy and Dark will be possible once Beatrix and Kujas AASBs come out, but they're attached to Fatty Chocobo banners, so I'll be waiting until they come back on full IX banners.

Earth will most likely be the hardest as it's the only element that IX can't properly hit.

Vyahdis

Dec 5, 2017
I have a dumb question because I don't play mobile games much: If I play record keeper on one device is it possible to transfer my data to another? I really want to play it right now but my tablet is very cheap and I might want to upgrade later but don't want to lose progress.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I have a dumb question because I don't play mobile games much: If I play record keeper on one device is it possible to transfer my data to another? I really want to play it right now but my tablet is very cheap and I might want to upgrade later but don't want to lose progress.

Yes, but you can only use the same data on that particular OS architecture. So iOS devices share the same cloud data, but no sharing with Android devices and vice versa.

Oct 25, 2017
Waradept, I'm wondering if using zidane like that will be viable for ifrit. Ifrit magic I'm guessing yuffie will do not much against anyway and every turn mperils is so so good

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Waradept, I'm wondering if using zidane like that will be viable for ifrit. Ifrit magic I'm guessing yuffie will do not much against anyway and every turn mperils is so so good

He'll only be brought for the Imperil stacking, as the no EnElement penalty is way too high until we get the nerfed ver. I guess it really depends how stacked your pure water DPS is and if you're really lacking on a proper water imperil character.

Could give it a try, see what the results are like. Besides, I live for unorthodox content clears.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes this game is hilarious. You can dump 300 mythril chasing something and not get it.

Pulled on the V realm banner with 15 mythril in a last ditch attempt to get Galuf chain, and guess what drops out of the sky....

this also happened when we first got the realm banners when I needed Ashe's USB for a DPS bump against Geosgaeno.

sometimes you've just gotta laugh.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Water weak Odin is dead, that's five.

ANH-Ben-great-disturbance-in-Force.jpg

I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of accessories suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly sharded.

My team was

Penelo - Passionate salsa, Dispel, G+, Aasb, Usb2, Gathering storm rm
Rikku - Aquatic weakness, G+, Csb, usb2, Aasb and DMT
Tidus - Sapphire shot, Aasb, Aosb, Osb
Bartz - Stormspell Strike, Aasb, Osb
Elarra - Ode to Victory, Curada, Usb1, Aasb, MM rm
Fabula Mage RW

This one was kind of hard, he hits hard and fairly fast so I went double healer for survivability.

Rikku got a lot of mileage out of her SBs, her turn order was G+, Aquatic weakness x2, Csb, Usb2, Aasb then spam aquatic weakness until refreshing Csb at the start of phase 2.

I wanted Tidus to push Odin into phase 2 with Aosb at the end of the first chain but I was having a hard time getting the timing down. I eventually had to delay Bartz Aasb by a turn to keep him from pushing Odin into phase 2 before I was ready. This also had the benefit of keeping Bartz in Aasb mode for two turns in phase 2. Once I got that timing issue solved it was a pretty straightforward win right after Savage Zantetsuken 1.

Earth weak, Fire weak, Dark weak, and lolBio left.

Earth and fire are probably doable, but dark seems nasty.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Working on earth weak odin so I did the earth banner pull to maybe get something useful.
3 discos!
3 OSBs
2 dupes

I'm so tired of this :/

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Working on earth weak odin so I did the earth banner pull to maybe get something useful.
3 discos!
3 OSBs
2 dupes

I'm so tired of this :/

Eh don't sweat it. We're getting a free AASB/AOSB/Glint combo next fest, and those realm/elemental tickets are essentially free bonus pulls. You'll get what you'll need eventually.

Take it from someone who willing spent over 1k+ mithril on non AASB banners when Syncs themselves were just about to be introduced.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Yeah I know I should not let this bother me too much but it's been such a long bad streak.
Now I'm gonna enter hoard mode until tidus and/or terra sync banners (which are waaay to soon) and I'm probably gonna skip next fest as I haven't seen much that interest me in there.
Hopefully I can still get a few Odin kills in the meantime :)

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Daily didn't give it to me, so I picked Tidus AASB from Dream Select.

Also did the Glint Dream Select: Draw was 3/11 - Strago BSSB, Terra AOSB (dupe), and Bartz AOSB (dupe+++). I see my drawing luck is still pretty bad. Picked Tidus and Locke Glints to prep them for Ifrit/Shiva, though I'm not sure if my Locke is strong enough for Shiva.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
I'm surprised I have such a strong water team.

Rikku CSB, CSB Realm, BSB1+2 and AASB (this one makes her an Imperil Monster and that Damage Barrier is great. Also I can reup EnWater)
Wakka with USB1+2+AASB (he's ALSO an Imperil Monster with his LMR and he can reup his EnWater)
Tidus Glint + USB1 + AOSB + EnWater LMR. Ok I could probably pick up his AASB later. Or (dare I say it) maybe get his Synchro?

I mean this team can maybe take on Ifrit with Titan as main magicite? I don't know!

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta decide between Vincent and Tidus today. I think I'm closer to a clear on Ifrit than Shiva so it'll probably be Tidus to push me over the edge.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I have zero useful AOSB for my AASB users. That makes Odin p3 super painful.
I'm almost tempted to get Bartz AOSB to help me on a few elements and decrease my overall frustration with these fights... Cutoff is in a few hours right?

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero useful AOSB for my AASB users. That makes Odin p3 super painful.
I'm almost tempted to get Bartz AOSB to help me on a few elements and decrease my overall frustration with these fights... Cutoff is in a few hours right?
Yeah cutoff is tonight, ~6 hours from now I believe. I still need to pick my 2nd LMR, guess I'm going Faris lol.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Finally made progress and beat Earth Weak Odin (2/8).

Without any AOSB I had to rely on OSB casts from Machina and Bartz to finish him up. Without the SB gauge cost change for OSBs I couldn't have won.
I still think that Odin P3 is the most bullshit thing they could have come up with. Stun + Def Boost + Skill slash + A ton of damage every turn (basically requiring one medica cast per turn...) is completely stupid and makes super high burst DPS pretty much mandatory. Seems like Syldra all over again. No thanks :/

Anyway, started to test wind weak to see what's up:
Cloud: Glint/USB1/AASB/AOSB
Bartz: USB3/AASB/OSB
Elarra: USB1/USB2
Fujin: Glint/CSB
Tyro: USB4/AASB

So basically trying to do the basic Cloud thing with Tyro as the Entrust Bot.
After a couple fights a few things come to mind:
- Without Wall, the 9k up attacks are really nasty. Makes it kind of hard to survive with only one healer. Might try to include Tyro USB3 and delay AASB for that.
- Having Fujin as my only wind chain is super awkward in a physical team like that. She can't contribute to anything but the chain :/ (at least it's not Titan where she would be 100% useless)
- Because of that, I have no room for an imperiler which makes maxing out Cloud difficult.
- Thinking about replacing bartz with Either Faris with imperil USB or Zidane with USB2/AOSB and buy his USB1 for imperil. Only viable if cloud alone is enough to DPS Odin through the end (which might be the case considering the stupid Titan kill video floating around :p )

I'm confident I have what is needed for Odin but Titan will be another story without a physical chain :/

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Question regarding Ramuh...

Got him to P3 pretty handily (could have been more efficient, but whatever) and he does Earth Diffusion on turn 1. It's then followed up with Staff of Olduum, which after looking at the AI, sets his electrocuted status at level 5 minus 1 level for every Earth infusion. So re-upping earth after Staff of Olduum is useless since the AI looks at the number of en-earths at the time of diffusion.

He hit me with Judgment storm on T3 and immediately wiped me for 99999 lol.

Is there are work around? I have one earth glint for Galuf (he is at en-earth 2 stacks going into p3) and that's it, so by my calculation, i should be getting hit at a level 4 by Ramuh? Tifa and Bartz are at one stack of en-earth, while Tyro and Elarra are at none.

I'm so confused as it was basically an auto win button by Ramuh lol.

Was it rage control that did me in? or is Last stand absolutely mandatory?

Oct 25, 2017
Down period so taking my possible magicite dps to 200/300 magia. I'm going atk/mag to element then hp rather than go second.

Have:
300+ 6
200+ 20
100+ 104

Of those 104 some have already finished their magitice career, like cloud with Titan so they are shelved

Working on:

Rydia, arc, lulu
Terra
Squall

Then I think auron, maybe I'll use his fire aasb?
Take bartz, seph and Riku to 400?
WoL, firion?
Emperor for dark?

Chain holders like rikku and Laguna who won't be doing much dps with csb and USBs only? Hmm.

I really need to kill ramuh- phys before the next earth chain appears so I don't feel required to pull for it. And still missing that second aasb to tackle Leviathan mag, not pulling on IV as literally the only thing useful is paloms aasb there for me.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Oh good to know. Might consider dusting off that old summon for this then. Haven't had time to try this week end but will definitely try soon :)

Oct 25, 2017
Worse tease, the 100 gem disco dupe or the daily disco dupe? Regardless I find myself with a second Cecil USB mind sword, combined with rs has 299 mind, but no holy element so useless unless he is a healer or running the imperil skill.

A g2 banner with two awakenings an aosb and a csb that I'd like sounds no brainier but for the looming theorized bonkers kh banners.

Besides which, I'm guessing Edwards holy chain is considered better than hopes, due to the rest of the Edward support package.