• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Same here: 2/11
Tyro OSB, USB1 dupes.

Was thinking this would be my last Core ticket but I could still use Elarra AASB/Glint+/LMR...

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tyro OSB dupe and Dr Mog W-cast white LMR.

I'll just keep using tickets on the core banner until I get Elarra AASB or G+, or until 5A

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Glint+ dupe and Dr Mog LMR dupe...

sigh. All I want is Tyro USB1 + OSB, Elarra BSB and Elarra AASB. Is it too much to ask?

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled Elarra 6* glint in the ticket draw, still wanting Tyro USB4, Elarra USB2 or Awakening. I think i also have the clones for this 6* glint in Aerith and Larsa. Always good to have a slot saver I guess.

I think I've gotten to the point where i can do Ramuh now. Had a real good run on my lunch break, but I know exactly where I screwed up and it borked the whole run.

Hoping to toast the bearded one tonight if all goes well.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
XI Torment sub30. 29:54 with a team similar to what RPH said.

[I kinda failed to take a screenshot this time]

Ayame USB, Frost Touched Blade/LS, LM1/2, +samurai
Shantotto USB/AOSB, Lunatic Thunder/Hell Thunder, LM2/LMR, +lightning
Curilla USB2/BSB, Healing Smite, LM1, DMT
Aphmau USB, Curada, LM1, MM
Lion USB, Storm Assault/Flash Disaster, LM1/2, +wind

Chain RW/ Titan Magicite

Everyone on the front row, including Shantotto and Aphmau, since Curilla USB2 chases knight with a front row heal.
Aphmau USB granting party instant cast was what made this sub30. Curilla BSB, Shantotto AOSB and Ayame USB were all instant-cast after the 29s mark, dealing just enough damage to win (and Lion USB, but thats instant by default)

Just II, XII and XIII left. My II and XII are actually stronger than I though, maybe I can figure out a way. XIII though... Lightning please help

I have enough rubies to create every ability I want up to what JP has. And I'll still have enough for another one.

The only abilities that I'm not creating are the Fire, Ice and Dark sharpshooter, Spirited Dispatch, Fire Witch and Water Dragoon. Most (all?) of those were made for a single character - and I have nothing for them to justify. And I'm sure at some point they all will get record abilities anyway.

Also, i got Lightning weak odin down - that makes 6/8, with just Holy/Dark left. And with gen 2 chains of both types for both elements (Edward/Ramza, Seifer/Gabranth/Golbez) and one AASB for each (Yuna and Seifer), I think I can at least try something

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Stopped trying wind weak Odin for a bit (can't get past his dps burst around turn 10 or something like that) and tried Ice weak.
Got him to a few percent left but I keep losing. I can probably pull it off with better RNG but man if it is frustrating!

Current team is
Serah: Dispel - Chain Blizzaja / BSB2 (imperil) CSB / Acestriker
Squall: SSS - LS / BSB2 AASB OSB / +Ice
Bartz: SSS - LS / AASB USB2 / +Weak
Tyro: Wrath - Entrust / AASB USB4 USB3
Elarra: Warrior Hymn - Curada / USB1 USB2

Syldra as main for imperil. And Fabula mage.

Basically Tyro entrust Serah and Elarra a ton for Imperil+Chain+Heal and Squall/Bartz do their thing.
The issue I'm having is that I can't kill it with one chain so my dps kind of dies completely toward the end.

Tried a couple variation.
- Tyro: Starts with USB3 or USB4 instead of AASB and cast AASB later => The idea is to not get the AASB buff finish before the end of the fight but then it's kind of awkward to find the right moment to cast AASB (and a waste of gauge imo). GodWall is probably useless here and recasting AASB on top of USB4 is meh so I can probably just delay AASB cast and have Elarra haste instead of Warrior Hymn.
- Ditch Serah for Snow with CSB + Radiant Shield USB. Might help during the last phase but then I don't have imperil anymore so I might need to replace Bartz with Laguna + SSB (or buy his USB maybe?). That will probably be a big hit on DPS with Bartz missing though.
- Bartz being Soul Break impaired for ice, he does not contribute to much toward the end, so I was thinking of replacing him by Celes with USB1/USB2/AOSB. That would be a net loss in initial DPS but I figure her fast cast USB can help improve Squall performance and the AOSB will definitely help at the end...

So many things to try! (Also, I wish I had Laguna CSB, it would make things so much more straightforward...)

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled Elarra 6* glint in the ticket draw, still wanting Tyro USB4, Elarra USB2 or Awakening. I think i also have the clones for this 6* glint in Aerith and Larsa. Always good to have a slot saver I guess.

I think I've gotten to the point where i can do Ramuh now. Had a real good run on my lunch break, but I know exactly where I screwed up and it borked the whole run.

Hoping to toast the bearded one tonight if all goes well.

I lied. Wasn't able to beat Ramuh last night. I can now get him to phase 3 with mostly no problems, but it's that stupid Stormlance Judgement or whatever that that hits for 99999 and procs last stand which he follows up with some AOE attack that wipes. Been able to keep his Rage at 1 most of the time, but losing the en-earth as soon as you step into p3 sucks.

Going to try again with Galuf going into p3 with 2 stacks of en-elem, so when Ramuh does earth diffusion, there is at least 1 character with en-earth. Maybe that will increase my chances of surviving.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's perfect thanks.

Wanted to see the difference between, the character only skills vs 6*. Huge disrepency in quality among the character onlys. Some are truly 7* while some are just 6* with more elements.
Well, 6* abilities with multiple elements have less hits than their single element counterparts (but they have a slightly higher multiplier), and record abilities with multiple elements do have the higher multiplier and the higher hit count. The single-element ones just take that extra credit to get more hits or higher multipliers.

Although, there are some.. questionable design choices, like comparing Rem and Minwu. Their abilities are identical, except Rem gets smart ether every 2 uses, and Minwu gets nothing

Also, record abilities require 162 less crystals to R5 than a regular 6* ability, so thats a plus as well I guess

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
5 mythril yolo pull on the holy banner and got Beatrix aasb!

Any upcoming holy Knight 6* abilities? Beatrix will be using healing smite, hoping something on the horizon for warrior of light to use besides assault saber.

But this aasb should allow me to clear Odin #7. Then only fire would remain.

Also I missed it, but congrats Jux on your two odin clears!

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
5 mythril yolo pull on the holy banner and got Beatrix aasb!

Any upcoming holy Knight 6* abilities? Beatrix will be using healing smite, hoping something on the horizon for warrior of light to use besides assault saber.

But this aasb should allow me to clear Odin #7. Then only fire would remain.
Theres one, ~5 months from now.

Its the same as healing smite, but instead of 2k hp stock, it grants the user a damage reduction barrier.

Also, Beatrix and WoL will have record abilities as well - Beatrix gets basically an OSB, and WoL gets a 4-hit holy ability with party holy damage +10% every 3 uses

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Genesis arrival I'm back to three characters and approx 273 bit notes to finish off the record dives. Sigh. Naja cor and Genesis.

I'm also sitting on 8 artifact stones and two more locked by magicities. Thinking about going to 6 per element as I cracked the seal on earth by getting a third magic weapon for ramuh. It seems we could do that, 48 used and still have enough for realms teams for the phantasms way down the road.ignoring bio obviously.

My daily rw record is now 11k but usually around 1500-2500.

New dark heavy ability seems as useless to me as the earth heavy one. Oh well r4 and tucked away for when I perhaps get a dark heavy aasb.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Very first try on holy weak Odin and got him down to magic pixel. Fired off tyro aosb! 3k x3.

Well that didn't work

Edit: 7th Odin down. Just have fire left. Might be able to cobble something together there, Have Vincent chain, Terra aasb, gear for krile.

Was funny, Ceodore got his conqueror of trials rm after the fight hah.

Last edited:

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got some free time to try and tackle Ramuh. I have pretty decent team who on paper should be able to take him down;

Tryo - AASB, USB3
Tifa - AASB, USB2, AOSB
Elarra - AASB, BSB, USB
Galuf - CSB, BSB, Glint
Bartz - AASB, AOSB, USB, BSB

Max Titan and about 200+ magia points across the board.

Good Jesus this boss is a migraine made flesh. After about 4 hours, I still get him around 10% health before I get nuked or run out of AASB/Chain. I know he's the worst of the 6* magicites (...right?) but he really is just a collection of aggravating mechanics.

On the plus side, I finished the final 8 of the Odin's this morning. Holy was one of my weakest elements for Odin since I have no AOSB's for any of my big hitters but I got super lucky with the RNG this morning. Glad that's out of the way!

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
re: Leviathan

Late to the party (but at least still relatively timely, since Ifrit isn't here as yet) but finally drudged up the will and the time to do this. Still annoyed I had to resort to Reraise strat for this, and even more annoyed that it was still a mess of RNG involved, but it's done. Leviathan mastered, 4 clears done, all over a minute (fastest was 1:06 minutes). Hugh, HUGE thanks to @Jack-ums on Gamefaqs for his clear on Reddit and for giving me assistance.

Kain (LM1+DC LMR): R4 Impulse Dive, R4 Hurricane Bolt, Jump DMG+ (USB1/AASB/OSB), double lightning boost (50/50 lightning+ spear), 300 magia (ATK/HP/Lighting ATK)

Prompto (LM1+LMR1): R4 Plasma Shock, R5 Tempest Snipe, Acestriker (Glint+/USB/AASB?CSB), 400 magia (ATK/DEF/RES/HP)

Elarra (LM1+LM2): R4 Reraise, R4 Passion Salsa, DMT (USB1/AASB), 500 magia (ATK/DEF/RES/MND/HP)

Tyro (LM2+LMR1): R5 Entrust, R5 Wrath, MM (USB3/USB4), 300 magia (DEF/RES/HP)

Reks (LM1+LM2): R5 Stormspell Strike, R4 Dispel, Spellblade DMG+ (Glint+/AASB), double lighting boost (50/50 lightning+ sword), 300 magia (ATK/HP/Lightning ATK)

RW: Mage
Magicites: Ramuh (HP/Healing Boon), Quetz (HP/Dampen Water), Phoenix (Blade/Spell Ward), Madeen (Deadly Strikes x2), Madeen (HP+Healing Boon)

Odin accessories on everyone, naturally.

Technically Prompto had double lightning boost and was equipped with a 50/50 lightning+ gun, but in retrospect, I should have geared him for MND since he kept getting Stopped. HIs attacks did pitiful damage per hit, even at high chain count and +6 imperil. Lack of en-element really sucks for these fights.

Rough turn order:

Kain: Defend, Impulse Dive x2, US1, (Hurricane Bolt -> Impulse Dive x2 -> OSB) -> repeat sequence until turn 19 -> KO and get reraised -> RW to hopefully push to Phase 2, AASB after Turn 2 diffusion -> Dragoon Cycle until AASB runs out, USb1, OSB spam

Prompto: Glint+, Plasma Shock x3, CSB, Plasma Shock or, if at +6 imperil, Tempest Snipe spam until Turn 19 -> KO and get reraised -> CSB, AASB, Plasma Shock spam, refresh CSB at some point, Tempest Snipe spam, USB, Tempest Snipe spam

Elarra: Reraise, USB1, Passion Salsa, cycle Reraise -> Passiona Salsa until everyone one has Reraise -> wait for Turn 19 with full ATB -> KO and get reraised -> USB1, AASB, Reraise spam mixed with occasional Passion Salsas, USB1 when available

Tyro: USB3, Wrath x2, USb4, Wrath, Entrust kain, Wrath up 4 gauges, wait for Turn 19 with full ATB -> KO and get reraised -> USb3 ASAP after Elarra USb1, USb4, wrath, entrust to whoever needs it (Elarra is HP too low, otherwise save gauge for Kain to spam OSbs at the end)

Reks: Attack x2, Ramuh, Glint+ after Turn 6 diffusion, SSS spam until turn 19 -> KO and get reraised -> RW if still not in phase 2, otherwise wait for Turn 2 Roar of the Deep -> Dispel, AASB, SSS spam

So the overall goal is to get as close to phase 2 as possible before turn 19 Suffocating Waterburst Cannon without pushing phase. Turn 19 KOs the party, they get reraised with full ATB, and then it's push to Phase 2 ASAP, wait for diffusion and get Reks/Kain AASBs online, then DPS to the end. Reks just spam SSS forever until it runs out, I lose or I win, whichever comes first, and Kain does usual Dragoon Cycle (Hurricane Bolt -> Impulse Dive x2) while AASB is up, then switches to USb1 -> OSB spam to finish after AASB wears off.

The main issues I encountered were the following:

1) Getting as close to Phase 2 without going over is tough. HP% when? If you go too quickly, you end up having to reraise in phase 2 with shorter doom timers, and if you take too long, you end up with an additional Diffusion and more doom reduction in phase 1 rendering the whole exercise moot.

If still in phase 1 after both RWs, the only way forward is for Kain to do USB1 -> OSB spam and hope you reach phase 2 before Diffusion at Turn 24.

2) I had a weird thing happen to me. IN my first three clears, Turn 19 KOed the entire team and they all reraised at the same time. But in trying to get my 4th clear, I had a bunch of runs in a row where Kain mysteriously KOed first on that turn, then reraised, then everyone else KOed and got reraised. I would nornally be hovering over Elarra when this happens looking to drop USb1 right away, because it is imperative that she go before Tyro does USb3. Otherwise, Tyro USb3 takes too long to get back online and if I'm still in phase 1, I eat Imperial Tidal Wave which slaps everyone for over 10,000 HP and I lose characters. But Kain getting back up first throws off the turn order, and by the time I cycle back to Elarra it's too late.

I did nothing different in my turn order to cause this than my first three clears. My subsequent 4th clear was just like my first three as well, with nothing changed, so I don't know why this happened.

I did eventually just start running with Kain first and cycling through the turns as fast as I could, which helped, though I ended up not winning for a bunch of other reasons on those runs (took too long in phase 1 or pushed phase 1 too fast).

3) The last 10% can get really hectic, depending on RNG. My first clear I won with only Reks and Kain still alive. Reks had run out of hones and was relying on normal attacks. Another run, Reraise spam under Elarra AASB saved me from getting doomed a second time at 0% HP bar, but everyone got back up with no buffs - no element, no hastega, and no gauge to do anything else. Reks managed to win with his last SSS which did 300x4, LOL.

So I'm really glad that was over. Though I'm irritated that I spent so much resources on the last Fest for this fight, and only about 25% of the pulls got me anything useful for it (Kain AASB came from the Jan 1st free 40 pull - if not for that, I would not have won). Hell, the 3 pulls I did on Kain SASB banner didn't matter much either (his Glint wasn't used, and his DC LMR did not proc often enough to really make a difference in my estimation, though I'm certainly glad I have it). I still had to resort to ghetto Reraise strat and RNG to win. But oh well. At least I'm caught up, Biodin notwithstanding.

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
i did it with only kain aasb and i never want to see this boss ever again

(until i come back with multiple syncs next year)

edit:

Prompto chain
Kain AASB/USB1/AOSB (2xLMR)
Lightning Glint/Brave (lmao) (2xLMR)
Tyro
Elarra

no reraise just bumrush

edit: Kain LMR too, the MVP. Would not have come anywhere close without LMR since it required 2x proc in P3 or *mario falling into pit sound*

Oct 25, 2017
Wow those are some epic recounts. These magicities are just terrible unless you have the right 2.0 chain, 1-2 aasbs a sync or some combo thereof and even then...

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Does krile have an aasb? If not is there one upcoming? Would solve a huge problem lmk.

Fire weak Odin slapping me around :(

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
XIV Torment down. Glad I could pull off another without having to spend on Anima on a one-off relic I'd hardly ever use again. =)

Does krile have an aasb? If not is there one upcoming? Would solve a huge problem lmk.

Fire weak Odin slapping me around :(

She does. I haven't tried Odin yet, but Krile's seems pretty useful for it if damage taken is a concern:

magic 22.5/15 fire+earth+non (SUM), self dmg cap +10k 15s, 1 turn: (fire/earth ⤇ fire/earth infuse), 15s: (fire/earth ⤇ party 40% Dmg barrier 1), 15s: Awoken Dawn Successor: fire/earth inf. hones, up to 1.3x dmg @ rank 5, 100% dualcast

In case you missed it before, you can check out RK-Squared for all current and future relics.

Oct 25, 2017
Worse tease, the 100 gem disco dupe or the daily disco dupe? Regardless I find myself with a second Cecil USB mind sword, combined with rs has 299 mind, but no holy element so useless unless he is a healer or running the imperil skill.

I posted this a week ago and here I find myself with the daily dupe of prompto's USB. To boot, I used lenses to acquire it about a month ago and im not even sure if I used it against Leviathan. Maybe I did, I've put that out of my mind.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Yikes Falk. I don't know how you managed to do enough damage to win like that. Sounds like RNG hell.

Actually, how did you manage to win like that? What was your final time? That seems like it would take too long for the Doom count.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Yikes Falk. I don't know how you managed to do enough damage to win like that. Sounds like RNG hell.

Actually, how did you manage to win like that? What was your final time? That seems like it would take too long for the Doom count.

I can't even get close with Kain sync + aasb and lightning aasb O.O

Only have Reno chain though. Falk tell me your secrets.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
b8Q4UNw.png

Brave Exvius crossover incoming. Not sure if it'll get moved up for Global, but who knows!

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well that was unexpected

The date matches our VIII event date. So I don't think we will get it early.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cant believe I was MP farming greens... At least my team could easily speed 5 auto with 0% chance of failure.. I was almost out of greens, without farming now I wouldn't have enough greens for crystals on the next fat chocobo update

Also, I played BE just briefly a long time ago but.. Isn't Lasswell an ice samurai? Ayame is still the only ice samurai we have, so its good to have another one. Specially considering how convenient Ayame with her awakening is against Valefor.

Oct 25, 2017
I should probably farm mp for greens.

I overdid it and finally got galufs chain but it wasn't pretty. Now magia farming nonstop.

But!
I landed tgcids aasb in the daily draw! Quite a stunner. His problem is lack of enelement right? Hmm. Oh well even more overkill for fft dungeons.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Beating my head against the wall on fire weak Odin so I did a 15 mythril pull on XIV banner because alphinauds aasb might help me there.

Managed to get it, and that pull was my first ever 6/11.

3 dupes though. But still nice. Farming magia now. 8th Odin shall fall soon.

Edit: All odins are down.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I expect Ifrit next week, to coincide with Tidus SASB event. I believe its when Ifrit was released in JP as well.

They rushed Leviathan because of Lightning SASB, and caused a nice endgame content drought (heh) before Ifrit

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
whoops, ping/quote cuz i rarely check era anymore so i missed those posts from a week ago lol

UjUmvwt.png

bUCJOaM.png

missed Kain glint from the previous loadout. Elarra has AASB, Tyro has wall/USB4.

It's a little hard to recall details anymore since I'm actively blocking this fight from my psyche but

Kain is a wrecking ball with instacast 180k turns. Lightning needed to be able to time Brave commands to help break Savage, but otherwise it was slipping in Ramuh/Fabula Mages in between Kain's turns (esp w/ Prompto who otherwise doesn't contribute much after imperils stack so fast to 6) so Kain's damage got reduced as little as possible.

IIRC I killed bubbles with p much almost everyone except Tyro and stuff still ran out towards the end.

Kain jumped the first 5sec doom

Running into the 10sec doom in P1 is a wipe.

The transition to P2 was the tricky part since Elarra needs to Dispel and then top up party and that's also when her doom timer is running out. I THINK i snagged her one of the first bubbles instead and let Lightning snag a later bubble when almost up.

in hindsight I'm wondering if despite all else Shelke might have been better than Lightning since I have her AASB and that'd have been more rage breaks overall if I use it after the P2 mark but I'm not touching this fight again for the time being :(

edit: Actually I recall now- shelke wouldn't have been able to do this since a LOT of chip damage is needed to get the fight to P2 before the 10s doom, and Shelke has one attach available total.

585BJsMl.png

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Falk:

You also forgot to mention you have Lightning AOSB in addition to Kain Glint. That makes a little more sense. Still looks hellish though.

I actually didn't end up using it because I was spamming bUSB into CMD1 for rage breaks with decent chip damage + stacking en-lightning, or OSB for more rage breaks on the same amount of meter.

Using AOSB is nice burst but Lightning ends up having too little gauge to stack more en-lightning and ended up falling behind in damage towards the end (where it counts)

The entire 'strat' really is spamming attempts till Kain manages to doublecast twice in 3 turns (the number of insta-land turns cyclone gives) for 0.9 million damage at cap at the critical p2 juncture, and still needing Lightning to do enough chip before and during that to manage phase transitions.

Multiplied by four kills lmao

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Right so

Rain is a fire/earth spellblade
Lasswell is an ice samurai
Fina is healer/support

The banner itself doesn't have 5* at all. Its 3 SASBs, 3 AASBs, 3 USBs, 3G+, 2 AOSBs. No LMRs is weird, but Fina and Lasswell LM1s are basically LMRs already (chance for self quick cast, and chance for ice imperil)

No mention to record boards/abilities for them though.

edit: 4/11 on the ticket realm draw.

3 dupes plus Dr Mog USB. One of the dupes was Tyro Awakening. I think now I have every 6* relic in that banner, except Elarra USB2, G+ and Awakening

Well, two more chances before picking her AASB from the 5A select

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to do a couple pulls on the Healer pickup, and got Penelo's Awakening! (As well as Aria USB2, Aphmau Glint+, and Y'shtola medica LMR.) Pretty pleased with that. (I heard Penelo's AASB is pretty highly ranked to this day in Japan.)

Now to decided what to spend my ticket on. If you have Elarra's AASB, Glint+, and USB, is it worth trying for her USB2? (With maybe a bonus Tyro AASB?)

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm okay, coming back to this after being on cruise mode for a month or two (FFXIV currently destroying all of my free time), I need to work on getting at least 3 more Odin kills so I've got 5 accessories (wind and lightning weak are my two clears). Thinking about doing dark next which is probably my most stacked element. What would folks recommend. My best options:

-Chains: I've got Seymour (also with his chase USB) or Seifer (w/w-cast, dark radiant shield BSB and party IC USB)
-Seph fully decked out (w-cast, AASB, USB2, Arcane, etc)
-Vayne (Glint+, AASB, BUSB)
-Raines (everything but his w-cast USB which is a moot point with AASB)
-Kefka (AASB and random junk, no w-cast)
-TGC (AASB/USB)

Assuming I'm bring Elarra (USB1/2/AASB) and Tyro (Godwall) I'm guessing the 3 slots go to Seifer/Seph/Vayne right? Seph is broken as shit, I think Seifer is the better chain option with his other two SB options, and then Vayne gets in over TGC due to enelement + glint? Skimming the fight on reddit biggest concern is I don't have a good way of slotting a status blink in here unless I want to use Unicorn (would Lakshmi actually heal him?) or I do something awkward like drop Tyro for Vanille USB1 which is Astra + Protectga + Shellga and bring Wall RW to make up for Godwall and also get an Astra in there?

Also I feel like I've asked this before but I have the memory of a goldfish: assuming I give Seph Demon's Cross, what's the next best option for Vayne to use if he's running physical? I can never remember what's best between Crimson Cross, Sanguine Cross, etc. Seifer would be running Touched by Darkness/Mark of Darkness.

Oct 25, 2017
At long last, I've finally deleted the app. I had been waffling for months, but it finally happened today.

I was a day 1 player and have played pretty much daily since then. I've been slowly losing interest since the magicite missions were added as I really hated how much the game felt like just slamming in to a wall over and over. They decided to triple down on magicites and torments and Japanese foresight only seems to confirm more of the same coming. The only thing that was keeping me going was the story dungeons and even that's started to feel stale.

The final straw came today. After a string of garbage pulls, I used my free ticket today. Tyro book lmr. Ugh. So I decided to do a 50-pull on the second type-0 banner as I'm really lacking there. I got 2 5-star junk. I pulled again out of rage. I got Ace's 6-star glint. I told myself that I'd pull one last time and if the game didn't give me anything decent, I was done. Well, a few lmr cloaks later and that was that. I just can't take the gatcha system in this game anymore after playing Dissidia. I even pulled Lightning's synchro during fest, and it didn't really give me any joy at all because the rest of my 200 mythril was pure trash. Months of saving up for barely anything to show for it. That tells me that I've hit the end of the road.

It was an extremely hard thing to do after nearly 5 years of this game being a part of my life, but I just can't take the archaic nature of it anymore. Goodbye and good luck to the rest of you. May all your pulls be rainbows!

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
MrDaravon:

Be warned that Dark-weak Odin is the hardest of the bunch. He's the second tankiest and has an annoying sequence of attacks - Turn 9 sap followed by Turn 10 sleep, and then turn 12 overstrike attack - that makes him extremely annoying to deal with.

You absolutely need Astra to block the Sleep. Frankly, your best option is Tyro USB1. If you don't have it, you either spend realm tickets on core realm and hope to snag it or get it with Lenses. The main issue, though, is that using Tyro USb1 needs to be timed, since you have to use it after turn 9 sap and before turn 10 sleepja. This is possible if Tyro is under HQC from Elarra (that's how I did it). Larsa USB1 would also work, but you probably don't have it , and I can't say I'd recommend getting it for this fight.

Tyro USb3 isn't necessary - I beat dark-weak Odin with no wall and with no Last Stand - but it does make things a bit easier (the overstrike attack is non-piercing, so with Godwall up it becomes just another damaging attack). Note that in my clear I only had Tyro use USB1, nothing else, and only once. Rest of his gauge went to entrusting folks. Then again, that was with 5 Odin accessories already in play. Tyro USb3 is the safe play here. But you 100% need Astra, so find a source for it.

Sephiroth + Seifer are definitely in. Elemental Radiant Shield + gen 2 chain is a stupidly strong for Odin Phase 3. Seph will definitely chew up Odin's HP. Vayne should definitely be your last character not because of en-element and glint (Odin is not 6* magicites, en-element isn't mandatory), but because his bUSB is party IC with an Overstrike command, so you absolutely want him to be spamming that as much as possible. Glint+ and AASB are bonuses, honestly. I would also recommend saving his AASB for very late in the fight, possibly for Phase 3 or right before it, or perhaps when you refresh chain (since I doubt you'll beat Odin in one chain, though with that dark tech, maybe you can?). Sephiroth should be able to get you to Phase 3 solo. At the very least, stagger the AASBs by at least two turns, i.e. drop Vayne's a couple turns after you drop Seph's AASB+USB2 .

Also, I would strongly advise running Vayne as a mage, since Necro COuntdown is better than any of the physical 5* darkness options. Run him with Memento Mori + Necro COuntdown. Just make sure to give him dark MAG+ dagger so that MM's 30% MAG boost will make his MAG higher than his ATK after Seifer's chain. You want his bUSB and AASB to hitting with magic.

Furthemore, if running as a mage you can speed Vayne up even more by running Elarra with Allegro Con Moto. Actually, if it wasn't for the fact that Seph AASB+USB2 was so busted, I'd recommend you just run Raines + Vayne along with Seifer and dual healer (and if Seph doesn't work out somehow, you can run that as a backup option). As it is, only Vayne will benefit from ACM, but that works out great anyway since, as I said, you want him to be spamming his bUSB entry for party IC and the L3 Brave command to help keep Odin's savage level down, and the faster he gets his turns out, the better he can do that.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
MrDaravon:

Be warned that Dark-weak Odin is the hardest of the bunch. He's the second tankiest and has an annoying sequence of attacks - Turn 9 sap followed by Turn 10 sleep, and then turn 12 overstrike attack - that makes him extremely annoying to deal with.

You absolutely need Astra to block the Sleep. Frankly, your best option is Tyro USB1. If you don't have it, you either spend realm tickets on core realm and hope to snag it or get it with Lenses. The main issue, though, is that using Tyro USb1 needs to be timed, since you have to use it after turn 9 sap and before turn 10 sleepja. This is possible if Tyro is under HQC from Elarra (that's how I did it). Larsa USB1 would also work, but you probably don't have it , and I can't say I'd recommend getting it for this fight.

Tyro USb3 isn't necessary - I beat dark-weak Odin with no wall and with no Last Stand - but it does make things a bit easier (the overstrike attack is non-piercing, so with Godwall up it becomes just another damaging attack). Note that in my clear I only had Tyro use USB1, nothing else, and only once. Rest of his gauge went to entrusting folks. Then again, that was with 5 Odin accessories already in play. Tyro USb3 is the safe play here. But you 100% need Astra, so find a source for it.

Sephiroth + Seifer are definitely in. Elemental Radiant Shield + gen 2 chain is a stupidly strong for Odin Phase 3. Seph will definitely chew up Odin's HP. Vayne should definitely be your last character not because of en-element and glint (Odin is not 6* magicites, en-element isn't mandatory), but because his bUSB is party IC with an Overstrike command, so you absolutely want him to be spamming that as much as possible. Glint+ and AASB are bonuses, honestly. I would also recommend saving his AASB for very late in the fight, possibly for Phase 3 or right before it, or perhaps when you refresh chain (since I doubt you'll beat Odin in one chain, though with that dark tech, maybe you can?). Sephiroth should be able to get you to Phase 3 solo. At the very least, stagger the AASBs by at least two turns, i.e. drop Vayne's a couple turns after you drop Seph's AASB+USB2 .

Also, I would strongly advise running Vayne as a mage, since Necro COuntdown is better than any of the physical 5* darkness options. Run him with Memento Mori + Necro COuntdown. Just make sure to give him dark MAG+ dagger so that MM's 30% MAG boost will make his MAG higher than his ATK after Seifer's chain. You want his bUSB and AASB to hitting with magic.

Furthemore, if running as a mage you can speed Vayne up even more by running Elarra with Allegro Con Moto. Actually, if it wasn't for the fact that Seph AASB+USB2 was so busted, I'd recommend you just run Raines + Vayne along with Seifer and dual healer (and if Seph doesn't work out somehow, you can run that as a backup option). As it is, only Vayne will benefit from ACM, but that works out great anyway since, as I said, you want him to be spamming his bUSB entry for party IC and the L3 Brave command to help keep Odin's savage level down, and the faster he gets his turns out, the better he can do that.

Thanks for the response!

I keep forgetting Tyro USB1 is a thing. That said I have a number of Astra options available, and sitting down and looking at it I could maybe make most of these work actually if Godwall isn't an absolute necessity:
  • Rem USB2 (Shellga + Hastega + Reraise + Astra). I've also got her USB1 and BSB and she's dived (so she has WM w-cast).
  • Larsa USB1/BSB (and I also have his medica chance LMR on WM ability use). He's not dived but I can easily fix that.
  • Vanille USB2 (Protectga + Shellga + Astra + 2k HP stock) as well as USB3 (Elarra USB1 clone + pentabreak, when did I get this???)
I've got some others but it's random one off shit that's not gonna work. Larsa could USB1 and then just entrustbot OR heal proper and potentially help with the medica LMR procs. Rem initially seemed like a potential dark horse pick here but once I saw I Vanille's USB2 gives me Proshellga + Astra AND her USB3 I'm actually thinking she might be the better option? I have a ton of lenses so I'd have no issue grabbing Tyro USB1 if needed, but if he's just gonna do that then entrustbot or heal Larsa would probably be better, and honestly Vanille might be the top option here assuming I'm okay with not having an entrustbot and just running her straight healer?

On the rest of that it makes sense; I'd figured Vayne would come out ahead running a 5* ability with the ATK buff from Seifer chain but if that's not necessary then yeah MM + NC makes the most sense for sure. I honestly hadn't considered his Brave because honestly I've very barely ever used any of them, anyone I wind up using has pretty much always had better options. So running that and popping his AASB later makes sense, I'm curious in practice what Bravery Level I'll need to get up to to have the command break damage cap, but we'll find out!