• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
At long last, I've finally deleted the app. I had been waffling for months, but it finally happened today.

I was a day 1 player and have played pretty much daily since then. I've been slowly losing interest since the magicite missions were added as I really hated how much the game felt like just slamming in to a wall over and over. They decided to triple down on magicites and torments and Japanese foresight only seems to confirm more of the same coming. The only thing that was keeping me going was the story dungeons and even that's started to feel stale.

See ya, Steeped. Sorry to hear about those pulls. They can be really sobering especially when you're already wavering.

I know what you mean about the magicite; that monthly 20x magicite grind is annoying even being able to steamroll the 5*'s. I really wish they'd either reduce it or just simplify it to like "Clear 50 of any dungeon" a month or something. The new Torment look especially painful, too. I'll probably be putting them off for quite a while.

What's really worrying me are these Cardia missions in the future that require you to Master Clear a new D450 dungeon. Four times. Weekly. Like... fucking why??

Be warned that Dark-weak Odin is the hardest of the bunch. He's the second tankiest and has an annoying sequence of attacks - Turn 9 sap followed by Turn 10 sleep, and then turn 12 overstrike attack - that makes him extremely annoying to deal with.

I've been meaning to ask, how would you guys rank the Odins in difficulty? I'm aiming to start on those soon, but I haven't really looked into them individually much yet. I have at least one AASB and Gen 2 Chain for each element, so my power's roughly within the same basic range for each, I think.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mr. Daravon:

Oh, you have Larsa USb1 already? Perfect. He can fill in for Tyro as Astra/Entrust bot with bonus healing. You'll probably want to use RW Wall, though if you time Ark (and you definitely should be using Ark as main magicite) properly to blink Turn 12 Savage Holyja (overstrike attack), you might be able to get away without using Wall at all. Not using Wall also makes Seifer's Radiant much more powerful, though of course, you're taking a bigger risk.

Vanille USb3 is large heal, Full Break and Regenga. It's not an Elarra USb1 clone at all (only Rosa USB2 is a clone), missing the HQC2 which is what really sets Elarra USb1 apart from the other Regenga USBs. As far as healer USbs go, it's junk, just like all of Vanille's USBs (she doesn't get a decent USb to spam until her USB4, which was only recently released in JPN).

As for Vayne and his Brave command, Overstrike Brave commands tend to be pretty strong and might even be able to break at Level 1. Regardless, I'd try to use the Brave at Level 3 as much as possible, preferably as part of a bUSB spam rotation (i.e. bUSB, Necro Countdown, L3 Brave, repeat) if possible.

Full Nines:

Obviously it depends on what you have, but I'd rank the Odins as follows:

Dark-weak > Wind-weak >>> Water-weak > Fire/Earth-weak > Ice > Lightning/Holy

If you have the DPS, ice/lightning-weak are fairly easily. Holy is fairly easy even if you don't have top level DPS.

Fire/earth are about roughly the same. Fire hits hard and you need imperils but is simple. Earth is a bit on the tankier side and has stuns/paralyze, but again, nothing too special.

Water-weak isn't that hard if you have the tools, especially if you bring Wall (out of all the Odins, water-weak is the only one I 100% recommend Wall for), BUT it has Phoenix's ATB gimmicks where he savages very quickly and attacks relentlessly. If you don't find a way to control Savage early he will run right over you.

Wind-weak is the tankiest of the bunch and has a brutal sequence of multiple 1/2 CT AoEs (Quake spam) in a row that will slaughter you. I couldn't beat him with Aerith as Last Stand healer and entrust-bot. Absolutely needed to go double healer here (actually, 5/8 Odins I used double healer on, though I didn't have Tyro UBS3/USB4 for most of them which would have helped) to survive. With God-level DPS (i.e. fully kitted Cloud & Zidane), it's manageable - just watch out for Quake spam and that tankiness.

And dark-weak is just the worst overall. Wind-weak took me 12 hours to beat and dark-weak took me 11, BUT wind-weak was my first while dark-weak was my 7th, i.e. I had full Odin accessories, and it was still hard. Then again, I had a lot weaker DPS for dark-weak (full Dark Cloud as solo DPS, backed up by Seifer CSB/BSSb2) versus wind-weak (full wind Cloud and Bartz USb2/AASB1 with Faris chain).

re: Magicite missions

Hope you have your auto-5* teams ready, cause after 5th Anniversary and the introduction of Record Boards, you'll need to run about 14 5* magicites a week for 6* motes. You'll have to deal with that for three months before Cardia shows up and lowers the weekly magicite requirements, though they then add weekly Torment requirements. At least for most vets, by the time those roll around, clearing a D450 multiple times isn't going to be a big deal. Rather, the real bitch will be to master clear the Phantasm within the first month - that will be out of reach of most players.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, I'd totally spaced on the HQC component, rip. Larsa it is then.

Edit: Well shit, Larsa will need full crystal waters AND some magia to break 10k HP unless I can slot in a 3rd HP Boon. Wondering if I should just grab Tyro's USB1 off the lens shop and run him instead at this point. I've got 8k tier 3 lenses so it's kind of whatever, I do also wish that waters weren't such a limited resource though. Larsa would be a 2nd healer via his USB, Tyro would be entrustbotting but he would also give me Godwall so I could run Fabula Mage I suppose, or maybe Fabula Raider but I don't know that the ATK/MAG buff stacking would make it worth, especially given the straight DPS of Fabula Mage. Hm.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone wants to fight Ifrit early. It was somehow added to the game, but the actual Ifrit 6* magicite item was not, so don't try to look at the reward screen, it will crash the game

This will probably be fixed very soon, although the next maintenance is this week, so its only 4ish days early anyway

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't tried ifrit yet. Just no time. This place is dead.

With the rw greens change im basically full time magia farming.

Magia goals:
Realm healers to 200 mnd and hp
magic aasb holders to 300 mag hp element
Atk aasb to 200/300 atk elem and maybe hp. Or defense in the case of leo
Csb holders to 200/300
USB holders that don't fit the above to 100 just to jump start them when they get an aasb

Should finish my record dives this week or next, just Naja left need 80 vit motes.

150 legend dives done. Going to try to save up and do them in batches of dives from here out.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Thanks for the Odin write up, Shin. Figures that Dark and Wind are the hardest when they're among my strongest teams, haha. Wonder if they made it that way because of Cloud.

Looks like Holy and Fire may be my best bets for now.

Hope you have your auto-5* teams ready, cause after 5th Anniversary and the introduction of Record Boards, you'll need to run about 14 5* magicites a week for 6* motes.

Nearly projectile vomited reading that. I can down the 5*'s pretty easily now, but they still require some specific input timings on my part. Guess I'll have to see what kinda auto setups are out there.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
#3 and #4.

7 more to go...

gEy0L5tl.png

LRr6zDtl.png

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
90% clear against Zodiark in 32ish seconds

That stupid Palling/Anti-Magick wastes SO MUCH TIME

ugh

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
haven't posted in a while because Ramuh broke me lol.

I think the only time I've taken a 'break' like this was way back when Ashe's Northswain's Glow SB was released and I chased that hard. lol.

I know I have the tools to do the Ramuh fight, but I guess I'm lacking the skillz. P3 just wrecks me, or my timing is just off. I have just been logging in doing the bare minimums to get my daily mythril + events. Rather than burn myself out and kick the game to the curb, I've decided to ease up a bit for the next few weeks. That being said, I will give Ifrit a serious go, because I think I can do that fight, but Ramuh will have to wait until I can power creep him, or until Tifa Sync drops into my lap somehow.

I'll probably throw some mythril at the Tidus banner, but other than that I'm mostly in hibernation mode until fest.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
If you don't need the dives, wait until 5A.

One of the QoL updates will be mastering the entire 5* tree at once, instead of one node at a time

Sometimes I think they just make things obnoxious to begin with so they have an obvious QoL thing to "update" later on. Does this apply to the 3* and 4* nodes, too? They take like six clicks/screens each and come with so much needless fanfare.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hey they fixed the displayed magicite stats.

Why tf they put a notification for talking about subtle SBs description changes, and not for things like this?

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Man what a let down of a maintenance.

I wish tomorrow's banner had more goodies I could use, also. Tidus sync would be nice but I don't really need Paine on my team and jecht can go dive off a cliff I can't hold any more dark aasbs.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man what a let down of a maintenance.

I wish tomorrow's banner had more goodies I could use, also. Tidus sync would be nice but I don't really need Paine on my team and jecht can go dive off a cliff I can't hold any more dark aasbs.
Well, we are 1 month away from 5A, where a lot of new stuff will be released.

Actually, 1 month until 5A also means the deluge of bait banners will probably start as well

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
I did one pull on Tidus banner and of course did not get Tidus Sync. Got Paine chain which, while nice, isn't much use right now (have Rikku AASB/CSB/Glint+).

Up to 21 pulls in a row now without a Sync. Burst era all over again. After lucking out with Tifa, I'm not going to get another one until after June Fest, I can feel it. :(

Doesn't help that Real Life™ has kicked me in the balls too. 2020 is a horrible year thus far.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished ramuh phys so on the steps of the real ifrit release, I'm at 5/6 kills with only Leviathan mag eluding me. I think he'll wait until I choose shantottos aasb during fest. Want to kill ifrit asap to not pull on tidus banner....

Also finished the record dives so no more cares of four star vitality motes.

11 artifact stones to spend. Not sure if I should move to 3mag and 3 phys per element or plot out the realm schedule. The latter would free up additional weapons to shard which is necessary.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh for ifrit magic-

Which summoner between
Arc aasb, aosb enwater USB
Rydia aasb aosb enwater USB

Also
Lulu aasb and enwater lmr
Strago csb
With enough DPS, you will see diffusion twice, one when P2 starts and one very early into P3. Every other use of diffusion is pretty late in each phase (turn 14+).

That said, you will lose enwater twice at least, Lulu needs her water glint to work. Also, you have to be careful to use summons against Ifrit, since awakened summons will destroy all flame pillars at the same time, which will in return kill the summoner (each one deals 4k fixed damage and 3 stacks of pain)

Oct 25, 2017
With enough DPS, you will see diffusion twice, one when P2 starts and one very early into P3. Every other use of diffusion is pretty late in each phase (turn 14+).

That said, you will lose enwater twice at least, Lulu needs her water glint to work. Also, you have to be careful to use summons against Ifrit, since awakened summons will destroy all flame pillars at the same time, which will in return kill the summoner (each one deals 4k fixed damage and 3 stacks of pain)

Ouch. Guess have to get that glint off a dream select

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Did 2 pulls on this banner, 3/22 Tidus g+, Paine Aasb and g+. It's ok I guess, but obviously not what I was hoping for.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Decided to finally finish the d??? For X. Jeez what a slow realm. Using tidus sync and Paine aasb still only got 27 seconds :/ glad it's done hate the yunalesca fight.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Did 3 pulls on tidus banner.
All I really wanted was Tidus Sync (of course), Glint+ and Rikku Glint+
Got:
Pain AOSB x2
Pain Glint+
Pain CSB
Rikku Glint x3
Rikku LMR

So now I have all Water CSB2.0 (yey useless collection!). Pain AOSB would have been nice with the glint+ IF I got her AASB but nope, as it is she is probably useless.

I think that's probably the last straw for me. It's been too long without getting ANYTHING I wanted from pulls after waiting weeks/months for pulls (one of the glint+ would already have been a good thing...I did not expect the Sync anyway). It's just not fun anymore.
I don't know if I'm gonna stop playing altogether or just go into maintenance mode for 6 months until powercreep catches me up but I will definitely take a step back from the game :/

Oct 25, 2017
Got:
Pain AOSB x2
Pain Glint+
Pain CSB
Rikku Glint x3
Rikku LMR

So now I have all Water CSB2.0 (yey useless collection!). Pain AOSB would have been nice with the glint+ IF I got her AASB but nope, as it is she is probably useless.

I think that's probably the last straw for me. It's been too long without getting ANYTHING I wanted from pulls after waiting weeks/months for pulls (one of the glint+ would already have been a good thing...I did not expect the Sync anyway). It's just not fun anymore.
I don't know if I'm gonna stop playing altogether or just go into maintenance mode for 6 months until powercreep catches me up but I will definitely take a step back from the game :/

That's such a morale killer. Especially with the only real challenge for long time players being these magicities and a struggle even with good tools.

Syncs are not that much better than awakenings, there should have been two per banner by now. And an updated lens shop for glints.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
That's such a morale killer. Especially with the only real challenge for long time players being these magicities and a struggle even with good tools.

Yeah, I'm still working on Odin (so technically, not highest end content) and I know that with some struggle I can beat a few more (only have 2 down so far), but lacking some tools (like having no AOSB for 99% of my AASB owners) make things so much harder than they should be (thanks bullshit Odin p3). And the worse thing is I know that it will only get worse with 6* magicite (hello forced empower for example, or not having a physical wind chain and no magic wind makes Titan pretty much impossible for me, etc.) so that really kills my will to play the game, especially if I don't get a treat every now and then...

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Its better to take a break, and then after a while decide if you still want to play

6*/Odin and to a certain extent D450 Torments are very relic reliant, its not surprising that bad luck kills the mood to play.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Got:
Pain AOSB x2
Pain Glint+
Pain CSB
Rikku Glint x3
Rikku LMR

I feel you, I went hard after Lightning sync and came up empty and then did a couple of pulls here without getting Tidus' sync. I'm going to hold out for the rest and if I go 0/Noctis then I'll have to think about things.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Took a couple cracks at ifrit and....6* just isn't fun.

I could probably beat him but having to juggle a ton of soul breaks, deal with pain, deal with berserk, this is just a chore.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they really really are no fun, not to mention that at some point you're going to have to kill both versions. At least Odin you could pick or mix.

Diffusion has got to be my least favorite mechanic since games release.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Doing the X dreams battle reminded me of how much the realm just annoys me. It has great in realm synergy with the ability to build great water or fire teams but it's hampered by Yuna being a half-assed whm. There's no real bard options in realm which combined with the Yuna issues makes any speed tricks severely limited.

I get that in the game Yuna is a Smn/whm hybrid and they have to respect that, but it just makes her garbage as the only in realm whm. Even her (arguably) best whm usb, whistle promise, is hampered by the hybrid nature, it has instacast heal, party qc2, and last stand which are all good. Unfortunately the heal is only h55 instead of the more standard h85 for USBs, and it has empowered infusion for holy. Why are they trying to combine the two aspects instead of giving her a pure whm usb?

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
re: Ifrit

Life hasn't been great, but I managed to deal with Ifrit over the weekend. 4 very RNG fights. Fastest clear was just over 40 seconds, longest was 58 seconds.

Tidus (LM2+LMR): R4 Sapphire Bullet, R4 Trinity Bombshell, Acestriker (Glint/USB1/AASB/AOSB), 50/50 water+ throw artifact, 500 magia (HP/ATK/DEF/RES/Water), Odin accessory

Yuffie (LM2+LMR): R5 Azure Unending, R3 Stitch in Time, Scholar's Boon (USB2/AASB/AOSB), 50/50 water+ katana, 500 magia (HP/ATK/DEF/RES/Water), Odin accessory

Rikku (LM1+LM2): R4 Aqua Weakness, GAthering Storm (Glint+/BSSB2/AASB/CSB), 50/50 water+ ATK dagger, 400 magia (HP/ATK/DEF/RES), Odin accessory

Elarra (LM1+LMR): R5 Ode to Victory, R4 Passion Salsa, MM (USB1/AASB), 400 magia (HP/MND/DEF/RES), Major fire resist

Aerith (LM1+LM2): R5 Curada, R5 Ultra Cure, Lionheart (Glint+/USB2), 400 magia (HP/MND/DEF/RES), Odin accessory

RW: Fabula Guardian
Magicites: Leviathan (HP/Empower Water), Titan (HP/Healing Boon), Famfrit (HP/Dampen Fire), Madeen (ATk x2), Madeen (Blade/Spell Ward)

I tried with Tyro in place of Aerith but I can't keep up with the incoming damage. Last Stand triggers way too many times in this fight for me for a single source.

Rough gameplan:

Phase 1: Tidus/Yuffie/Rikku attack Ifrit until Rikku gets 4 gauges, Tidus gets 3, Yuffie gets 2. Then Rikku does CSB -> AASB at one of the pillars, Yuffie USB2 a pillar (note: while she gets gauge before Rikku is ready, it's better to drop her USB2 after CSB is up since she randomly won't kill a pillar without the buffs), Tidus does Glint then USB1 at a pillar, and thy all start attacking Ifrit again. Aerith summons Leviathan on Ifrit.

Phase 2: After Diffusion, Tidus and Yuffie hit two pillars with their AASBs, Rikku does en-water BSSb to a third pillar. All start attacking Ifrit again. Rikku doesn't always have gauge to refresh chain right away,. Usually needing to attack once or twice. As soon as she's able, refresh chain. Aerith usually calls Leviathan again ASAP.

I had runs where I just had Tidus and Yuffie kill two pillars while Rikku continued to attack Ifrit to build gauge so she could BSSB a pillar then refresh chain, but that was too dangerous since Yuffie and Tidus with triplecasts could blow up Phase 2 too quickly and I would eat the Level 2 Inferno Hellfire, which just a bit too debilitating (Last Stand would definitely need to be refreshed, and having your healing reduced by 50% for the last phase sucks).

In retrospect, I probably should have had Rikku just attack the pillars instead.

Phase 3: After Diffusion, Tidus uses USB1, Yuffie uses USB2, and Rikku uses en-water BSSB to kill three pillars, then blitz to the finish. Yuffie with AASB+USB2 in effect can tear up this phase by herself with good RNG - 3x7x19,999 + 10 hit chase + 8 hit chase is a thing of beauty. Bad RNG means AASBs run out and I have to use AOSBs to finish. As long as Aerith/Elarra have gauge, I can win, but that hasn't always been the case.

Also, who gets hit with Berserk can vary. I thought it was highest Hate but apparently it's highest Pain. Didn't know this until after I had gotten my 4 copies - something to make note of if/when I ever bother with magic-okay version.

Speaking of which, I'm probably a couple Lens picks away from beating the magic-okay version, based on a clear team I saw on Reddit, with Meia/Rydia/Rikku/Tyro/Elarra. I would need en-water USBs for Rydia and Meia first, though, and such a win is very low priority for me, so not bothering right now.

Oct 25, 2017
That's a crazy write up. Im dreading trying but I think I should cause I really want to avoid pulling on the two water banners. Sync and yesterday's.

In great news I pulled cloud of darkness' aasb from the daily draw. I have a lot for her. My top three freebies are cod aasb orlandeau aasb and ramza csb. Oddly the two aasbs are in the past month or so.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah jp has a Leap day banner

Banner is only available for 24 hours on 29th February 2020.

One time only, 50 Mythrils or 2910 Gems for a 11-pull, guarantees 2x 6* & 9x 5*.

And jp is getting aasb and aosb honing

!From 19 March, AASB & UOSBs can be SB honed. Retroactive for those who have dupe copies.

AASB maxes at level 15, and at that level it gains 1 extra use in battle.

UOSB maxes at level 10, and at that level it costs 1 SB bar less

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ticket: dupe/11

Ah jp has a Leap day banner

Banner is only available for 24 hours on 29th February 2020.

One time only, 50 Mythrils or 2910 Gems for a 11-pull, guarantees 2x 6* & 9x 5*.

And jp is getting aasb and aosb honing

!From 19 March, AASB & UOSBs can be SB honed. Retroactive for those who have dupe copies.

AASB maxes at level 15, and at that level it gains 1 extra use in battle.

UOSB maxes at level 10, and at that level it costs 1 SB bar less

2 AASB uses is a massive upgrade. The only issue is the max levels being 10 and 15. SASB dupes only grant 2 hone levels, and scrolls are 1 level. If its the same for AASB/AOSB, then it will be pretty expensive to hone even a single AASB

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think they'll change the pricing structure....hopefully the dupes will be worth 5 levels each or something

2/11 tyro aasb finally! Still missing elarras aasb but we're getting there. Wonder if this actually boosts my teams only phys to kill is ifrit.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Ticket: dupe/11

2 AASB uses is a massive upgrade. The only issue is the max levels being 10 and 15. SASB dupes only grant 2 hone levels, and scrolls are 1 level. If its the same for AASB/AOSB, then it will be pretty expensive to hone even a single AASB

Yeah it's certainly not something you'd be able to do for every AASB, but it's still pretty awesome for those few that you can hone.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Seems like a nice change... depending on the price indeed.

Anyway, as I said in my last posts, I'm gonna semi-retire for a while. I'm probably just going to do dailies + easy regular events to stash mythril just "in case" (spoken like a true addict) but no farming or anything like that (I've already let my stamina fill up twice! :P ). We'll see if I feel like going back in a while.

So before I disappear from the face of the earth, I just wanted to say thank you to all the people in this thread. It's a very nice community of super helpful people so keep up the good work!

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Anyway, as I said in my last posts, I'm gonna semi-retire for a while. I'm probably just going to do dailies + easy regular events to stash mythril just "in case" (spoken like a true addict) but no farming or anything like that (I've already let my stamina fill up twice! :P ). We'll see if I feel like going back in a while.

So before I disappear from the face of the earth, I just wanted to say thank you to all the people in this thread. It's a very nice community of super helpful people so keep up the good work!
Good luck there Jux, take care :)

Oct 25, 2017

👍