• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the Remake general thread but it does deserve its own thread. People at the concert are posting their reactions

I was planning on going to this but im sort of glad i didnt.

Also this was hinted earlier in Mid April that the producer wildfaery would put on a shit show.

the midi are PC files from the 1998 version.

example:

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It needs to be mentioned that Square Enix concerts are usually of the highest quality and value. They probably got screwed badly by the people they licensed this out to.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Glad someone made this thread! I was absolutely baffled that the concert was going this way.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll post this here from the other thread to reiterate that this is highly unusual for an SE concert

SE pours so much money into their concerts. And they are almost always quality.

They are at fault for hiring this company and not doing due diligence here.

But I highly doubt they intentionally meant for it to be this way. Especially not with FF7 of all games and Kitase attending

Dec 25, 2018
Loved the KH concert I went to, ashame it's a shitshow for FF, especially FF7. Hopefully those people get a trailer.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ hahahaha.

Hope the people there call out that shit and get their money back. What a waste.

Reveirg

Nov 20, 2017
Oof. Unacceptable. Makes me mad and I feel for people who bought (pretty expensive) tickets...

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
The scam is bad enough but forcing people to listen to the midi versions of VII's soundtrack should be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phd9ZuW.gif

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ hahahaha.

Hope the people there call out that shit and get their money back. What a waste.

Remarkable that they're even taking down streams of this. I mean, if the orchestra isn't even playing and it's the worst version of these songs, do you really think word isn't gonna get out people got grifted hard?

OP
OP
Mgs2master2

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
more examples of MIDI files

that is pretty much the concert too that link. all the MIDI from the 1998 version

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Just imagining listening to chirpy shit like honeybee inn blaring in an auditorium is giving me a headache

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I need video of this because this sounds too stupid to be true... so it's just people sitting there watching nothing and listening to music pumped through some speakers?

Ketaya

Oct 25, 2017
Berlin
It's weird, because WildFaery is also handling the KH World Tour concerts and those are great, so it's not that they are a bad company where this was to be expected.

preta

Oct 25, 2017
To be very fair it's entirely possible those people are using "midi" to mean the PS1 soundtrack. I often see it used (incorrectly) to just mean "synthesized".

Reveirg

Nov 20, 2017
To be very fair it's entirely possible those people are using "midi" to mean the PS1 soundtrack. I often see it used (incorrectly) to just mean "synthesized".

Most people confuse sequenced, midi and general midi. I'm pretty sure they at least played the original PSX versions.

Still terrible.

Mattakuevan

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I wonder wtf happened. Ive been to both Distant worlds and the KH concert, they were legit.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
in any case people did not spend almost 80 bucks to have youtube clips played at them while a full orchestra sat in silence.