• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Other parts are on his channel.

Demo is the entire bombing run which isnt shocking.

Wonder how it leaked. And I wonder when the heck its gonna drop.

it leaked because someone got into a PS Store dump/databse and it was there you could download the pkg

if you have the right stuff you can play it

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't look at a game pre-released and said "Nailed it" in such a long time, but here we are with FFVII Remake looking outstanding.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Augh. I am not even that big of a fan of 7 and thought that all it really needed was a better translation... But, come on. This looks -nice-.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick thoughts, not done viewing:

-Not a fan of the extra huff and puffs they seem to have given as part of the VA direction the actual voices, however, are great.
-The XP/loot drop UI is too big and distracting, if anything I think it should only pop up after the battle not after every enemy death. This would make it less distracting and would be better suited for post-battle anyway considering it's telling you what enemies drop.
-I'm loving the extra banter/dialogue, especially from Jessie & Biggs.
-The way music keeps changing in tempo & style to match the scene whether it's battle, dialogue or just Cloud running to the next area is just downright awesome.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty big change I've seen storywise
The bomb doesn't even do anything, it's president Shinra who actually follows through and destroys the reactor purposely

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Takes like this are why I won't be able to stay on this forum when the game releases.

"It's wearing the skin and characters of the thing you like but forget about the story of it, because this is the new biggerer and betterer version"

It's a different version of the same story. It's an alternate universe.

Like think about the difference between Ben-Hur and the remake for Ben-Hur.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ... There's already spoilers for an unreleased, still unannounced demo.

What a time to be alive.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Thought they'd do that. Was hoping they wouldn't tho.
wow... that kind of sucks.
The bomb doesn't even do anything, it's president Shinra who actually follows through and destroys the reactor purposely

Well, it is what it is. There are things that will be changed for the better and things that will be changed for the worse.

I also figured they'd do this. It's a different context now since we live in a post
9/11 world.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Well, it is what it is. There are things that will be changed for the better and things that will be changed for the worse.

I also figured they'd do this. It's a different context now since we live in a post
9/11 world.

For sure, I think I understand why they'd do it but is a bit disappointing, just a bit since the actual story of the entire thing is not about that but this finishing at Midgar is gonna be quite relevant I guess.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Eesh. This is pretty subpar English VA direction. Barret remains to be the worst as he comes across as a caricature. Also the audio mixing is weird and all over the place.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Sony will announce the PS + games in a few hours. It wouldn't be strange if they announce the demo as a new year bonus or something like that.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, that ending to the bombing run change is a bummer. Not a deal breaker or anything, but that's some Han Shot First silliness.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

a little expected. Would probably get some flak if the protags did it in today's world (despite attempt)

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Yo,
Jesse already making a move within the first 10 minutes.

Literally an adaptation of this:

images

Tifa needs to collect her man.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Man. It seems like they nailed it. The combat looks good, the extra banter between the characters is nice and the music is amazing.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I think the Reactor was still going to meltdown; I feel like the sabotage was more to try to kill the AVALANCHE members before they escape.
I can see that, yeah. Otherwise it sort of takes away the impact of Shinra desperately destroying a whole city sector to kill small group of us later on if we already see them sacrifice a entire reactor and who knows how many casualties and property damage to kill 5 people right at the start.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Guess I need to nope everything FFVIIR related to avoid surprises.

That said, I can't wait until the soundtrack I ordered comes out at the end of next month. I wonder if they will time the demo release with that.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Its been a while, but weren't they a bit surprised at the damage from the explosion? This new context makes sense if ShinRa made it worse than intended

*despite Jessie saying she would make the next bomb stronger*