• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
Japan
addtext_com_MjAzMzIwMTM2Mzg.png

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Oh hot takes? Midgar is like THe reason I am not super fond of iff7 It's like Roxas segment of its time. It's neat first time around. But on any replay, it just makes me not wanna bother.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno if this is meant to be "it's long' or "it's relatively short in comparison to the rest of the game" as your post can be read as both.

pretty sure meaning its insanely short........because it is, you can blow through midgar insanely fast even looking for stuff in the original. It's a tiny part of FFVII but really memorable.

I'm just hoping they really added enough content

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
pretty sure meaning its insanely short........because it is, you can blow through midgar insanely fast even looking for stuff in the original. It's a tiny part of FFVII but really memorable.
The problem is, as a kid, the way i played games was... well basically it literally took me years to beat a game, cuz I would play for 5 hours, then get distracted by other gmae, then months later I will return but I am like "I don't remember what exactly i was doing so I am going to restart". So I would do that literally dozens of times. With games hwere start was fun for me, eventually I would return and play em properly. With ff7, my entire experience is still just 99% replaying first few hours and restarting 7 months later, meaning in personal experience ff7 is just midgar to me, endlessly. So, yeah, have little motivation to return to original midgar and give it an honest chance.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm thinking about watching the demo. I'm not sure I can wait 2 months to play the full game knowing I can see a chunk of it now. I would like to wait for the official demo, but who knows what's going on with that.

The more I have to wait the more I just look at spoilers. I am weak. Please release the demo soon so I can be satisfied until release.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
I'm thinking about watching the demo. I'm not sure I can wait 2 months to play the full game knowing I can see a chunk of it now. I would like to wait for the official demo, but who knows what's going on with that.

The more I have to wait the more I just look at spoilers. I am weak. Please release the demo soon so I can be satisfied until release.

You are a weak peasant

I'm struggling too

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017

Wait a couple of weeks to see how SE responds to all of this.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe SE or Sony has made any official acknowledgement of the demo. Just release the damn thing.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
The worst part from FF7 is Fort Condor. My kid self can't play that minigame.

Better than me, I still have another year lol.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
It's impossible to spoil the storybeats anyways since the game has been available and ready to play for 22 years on every Sony system released as well on PC.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caved and listened to the first few tracks of the bombing mission and Jesus fucking christ, if this game doesn't win soundtrack of the year...

There are layers to this shit bruh.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
The finisher to the combo string is so unnatural. I thought the game would be more combo driven as well, but the basic attacks are very much automated like XV. Everything else looks fine though.
I think at least with this one you can clearly see which part of the basic combo you are doing which is nice. It's obviously not as pure action based combo as character action game or even KH.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I think at least with this one you can clearly see which part of the basic combo you are doing which is nice. It's obviously not as pure action based combo as character action game or even KH.
Yeah, it looks a lot more like XV from October 2014 than whatever we got after.

ImportantSneakyHorseshoebat.gif

I love how the attacks look in the demo, just the finisher is weird.