• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I don't think them adding new stuff would mean that the game could potentially never come out.

When the game releases, it'll have been less than three years since SE took the game over from CC2 and turned to internal development. I just think within this time, they were able to focus on the original Midgar and polish the hell out of that while adding bits to the story. Less than three years is not a lot of time to make a more ambitious Midgar.

While that's fine, when they split the game into parts and Midgar became its own game, expectations were raised as to what they would do for each part.
Midgar is the shortest part of the game & basically a linear tutorial, the world map, towns, Junon, Ocean floor, Wutai, Fort Condor, various dungeons, smaller areas like dig site etc & of course Golden Saucer is going to be the most ambitious work Square has ever done, once or if fully completed, it will make FFXV's world map look like a fucking demo.
No one should be surprised at cuts or Part 2 being delayed until 2023/24.
Oh, Part 3 will have to expand on Midgar again too, though i expect by that point they will just reuse assets.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
And both videos have people talking over them...

Where are folks getting 45 minutes from? Every play-through video is roughly 13-15 minutes.

From what I remember of those E3 demo videos a LOT of them are heavily edited down, especially the boss fight at the end. Guard Scorpion takes an absurd amount of punishment before it goes down.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Midgar is the shortest part of the game & basically a linear tutorial, the world map, towns, Junon, Ocean floor, Wutai, Fort Condor, various dungeons, smaller areas like dig site etc & of course Golden Saucer is going to be the most ambitious work Square has ever done, once or if fully completed, it will make FFXV's world map look like a fucking demo.
No one should be surprised at cuts or Part 2 being delayed until 2023/24.
Oh, Part 3 will have to expand on Midgar again too, though i expect by that point they will just reuse assets.
You're bringing up how Square should manage the game, and yeah, I agree that they have their work cut out for them in later parts.

Yet, they still divided the game so Midgar has its own game, and it's reasonable to expect more of Midgar by their own words. You can watch reaction videos to the remake on YouTube and people are expecting a larger Midgar.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
listening to the music, a lot of these orchestrated versions of original songs sound prettttty great

but man, what the fuck did they do to the boss theme? :\

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
listening to the music, a lot of these orchestrated versions of original songs sound prettttty great

but man, what the fuck did they do to the boss theme? :\

There are a bunch of different Those Who Fight Further arrangements, apparently. The one that plays during Guard Scorpion is specific to that event.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
oh damn, eurogamer going full bore?

Saving that for when i get home for sure!
Sorry failed to mention these are uploaded few months back. But it has no cutscenes or anything of the like. Which are leaked recently.

I am guessing we get the same exact demo anyway with cutscenes obviously etc.

I missed them myself so thought I'd share them. It is up to the Boss battle. 😎💪🏽

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
You're bringing up how Square should manage the game, and yeah, I agree that they have their work cut out for them in later parts.

Yet, they still divided the game so Midgar has its own game, and it's reasonable to expect more of Midgar by their own words. You can watch reaction videos to the remake on YouTube and people are expecting a larger Midgar.
expectations are like that sure, but It really doesn't seem like we are getting a different Midgar sector to explore, with all the footage & datamine leaks, it would have been noticed.
That soon to be infamous CG of day time upper midgar that people were sure would be explorable might go down as well as pre invasion insomnia teases, square should probably stop that shit, it lets people down.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
And both videos have people talking over them...

Where are folks getting 45 minutes from? Every play-through video is roughly 13-15 minutes.

Perhaps you're referring to the playthrough demos from E3 which started about 2/3 of the way into the reactor and ended immediately after the boss?

The people that downloaded and cracked the actual demo that will be releasing posted multiple videos broken up into chunks of 15-20 minutes, and most of those have been yanked by YouTube. Those videos started at the title screen through the opening cinematic and ended after Avalanche escapes the reactor.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
No way this game is 10 hrs maybe if you skip cutscenes etc etc and even then the battle system will add to the length .
Thinking 25 to 30 and 35+ to do everything

msia2k75

Nov 1, 2017
Holy crap it's going to be so hard avoiding spoilers for 2 months...

I just looked at another video game forum and the first thread on there spoils how long the game is and how many chapters there are in the title.

Apparently the main story is
10 hours long??? which would be a big disappointment if true
though i have no idea how they even get that information? I don't really believe it.

Drop the demo already square i need something to help me wait :<

If that had to happen
i, for sure, wouldn't buy a single S-E game ever

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
I really don't like the change that Sephiroth/Jenova is now apparently "hunting" Aerith from the very beginning of the game. It'll take away from the suddenness and abruptness of her death later on, which was a major, major aspect to that scene. We had no reason to think that anything bad was going to happen to her until it was too late to do anything about it. With her being hunted all along, that entire psychological aspect of her death will go away. Now it'll basically all be about a feeling of dread building up until the moment it happens, and then guilt for not being to able to stop it, despite knowing all along that Sephiroth was after her.

Unless the long-term plan is to subvert expectations and have her live this time around... nah.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Wait, Square is getting videos of the demo pulled but won't even acknowledge the existence of the demo? haha

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Holy crap it's going to be so hard avoiding spoilers for 2 months...

I just looked at another video game forum and the first thread on there spoils how long the game is and how many chapters there are in the title.

Apparently the main story is
10 hours long??? which would be a big disappointment if true
though i have no idea how they even get that information? I don't really believe it.

Drop the demo already square i need something to help me wait :<
How could they possibly know that? Even with all the datamining that's happened there's no way to know for sure what the playtime will be without actually playing through the game. This seems like a stretch.
I don't think it will be as short as 10 hours but I would be surprised if it's 30~ hours like SE have said.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It'd be nice to at least have some acknowledgement.

I understand that S-E had their plan (and that this is incredibly infuriating for them), but man can they be slow and old-fashioned at handling these things. Even if they were intending to have this out as a surprise (like, a shadow drop during the anniversary), that's stupid, as there's no surprise anymore. Get ahead and react, control the conversation.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Demo footage in 4k and it looks epic.
But still, it reminds me a lot FF XIII with Lightning.
Not necesserily a bad direction for me, but it could be problematic for other who didn't like XIII or Lightining, because she behaves just like Cloud and see lot of similarities.

It looks so damn good. I know it has shown smaller scale environments so far, but the visuals are a decent step up from FFXV. The geometric complexity of the environments is top notch, and the seamless flow between cutscenes and gameplay is some of the best I've seen!

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Reding now some are guessing a 10h game... I mean, it looks short, but I prefer a short game without useless and boring fetch/side quest, than 10h more of boring content.
I never judge a game from its lenght anyway... some of the best game I ever played are not so long. I gladly play full price if the game in the end is a great and fun experience.

adinsx

Oct 30, 2017
Reding now some are guessing a 10h game... I mean, it looks short, but I prefer a short game without useless and boring fetch/side quest, than 10h more of boring content.
I never judge a game from its lenght anyway... some of the best game I ever played are not so long. I gladly play full price if the game in the end is a great and fun experience.

That's definitely a lie.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
So... Are we getting this fucking thing yet?

Every time this thread gets bumped, I hope it's news that it's finally on the store for the general non-hacker public.

Apologies to anyone else who's hoping the same and was faked out by this post.

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
Demo footage in 4k and it looks epic.
But still, it reminds me a lot FF XIII with Lightning.
Not necesserily a bad direction for me, but it could be problematic for other who didn't like XIII or Lightining, because she behaves just like Cloud and see lot of similarities.

I mentioned in the spoiler thread. After watching this, yep, camera too close for my taste lol

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
10h on two discs?

Nah.

4K cutscenes take up a lot of storage. I still think it won't be over 15 hours long. They have to pad a lot of shit in and adding optional content is not main story stuff so there is that for the play time. I really really hope I am wrong or else I expect the next part in two years with lots more content than part 1 otherwise the whole thing will take over a decade.

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm guessing 10 hours of cutscenes, 10 hours of gameplay, 10 hours of optional content. Still too little for some people but not me, in fact that'd be ideal.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4K cutscenes take up a lot of storage. I still think it won't be over 15 hours long. They have to pad a lot of shit in and adding optional content is not main story stuff so there is that for the play time. I really really hope I am wrong or else I expect the next part in two years with lots more content than part 1 otherwise the whole thing will take over a decade.
EDIT: don't know if I can talk about it.

Last edited: