• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
After caving and watching the demo, I think the overall design of the Sector 1 Reactor's pretty spot on. Only gripe I have about the "look" is of the elevator. It's just a gripe, but the original elevator looked more atmospheric with the lights. Was hoping to see something like this, but done in PS4 graphics, but I guess that's never happening:
latest

Still glad that all the enemies you encounter in the ORIGINAL bombing mission DO appear in this one. I had look up the list on Final Fantasy Wiki and they are all there. I also noted before that the Guard Hound design seems to be MORE inspired by the original FFVII design rather than the Crisis Core redesign. That gets some respect points from me.

Oh hot takes? Midgar is like THe reason I am not super fond of iff7 It's like Roxas segment of its time. It's neat first time around. But on any replay, it just makes me not wanna bother.
I know people like Midgar, but hearing some say it was the BEST part of FFVII as a whole kinda makes me wonder how much one could you like a game if they believed it peaked THAT EARLY. For me, it was everything out of Midgar that made FFVII great.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Have any play-through videos of the demo come out of someone who knows how to play the game?

I am about ready to cave and watch a video, but I cannot stand watching someone who has no idea what they're doing.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Fort Condor is ridiculous easy to cheese, just build a crew of attacks near the middle area closest to where enemies appear, then just rush them really quick. You can finish in less than a minute every time you do the minigame

Edit: basically this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxgRcecrVPY
I was always surprised that people had an issue with the Fort Condor portions, they were always fun to play through when I was younger. Also so easy that I lost one on purpose in a sequential playthrough just to see what would happen. The fact that you could place troops right where you needed them helped. Felt the Suikoden 2 army fights were more difficult.

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
Have any play-through videos of the demo come out of someone who knows how to play the game?

I am about ready to cave and watch a video, but I cannot stand watching someone who has no idea what they're doing.

I had this same problem. The original posted video the person plays so badly I wanted to smash my TV. I want to see someone use the actual mechanics and do stuff like Cloud combo juggle in the air and then quickly do a Braver hit mid air.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't help myself and went for the music..... holyshit this is going to be so good, March can't come soon enough.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
why haven't an announcement been made yet regarding the demo? Isn't the game out in like next month?

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they inofficially delayed the demo now to perhaps try to get rid of some of the data. On the other hand: If that was really the demo meant for the public, all that stuff would've leaked anyway. The crazy thing here is that it leaked way in advance, because the demo files are already on Sony's servers and accessible.

I just want to play the demo now, haha. :(

Noctis0Stella

Mar 17, 2019
Honestly I found that datamining and those leakes pretty disrespectful.
Yeah i know it's actually sony's/square enix fault to left the demo uncrypted ect. but still these things were about to surprise us and not like that now

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I seriously doubt it. The data is already out there. Cancelling the demo doesn't do anything positive; all it does is mess with marketing plans that have been in place for months if not years.
Yeah, cancelling the demo would make the situation feel even worse all around.

You'd think they'd want some positivity, and releasing what seems to be a really meaty and fun demo is one way to make people not focus on the unfortunate leaks. Basically, controlling the narrative, which they haven't since around Christmas day.

I could see it being somewhat delayed, although the damage is already done, sadly, so I don't see what good it would truly do.

In any case, imagine if this had happened with, say, FF XVI. It sucks hard, because a remake like this is all about surprises and all, but a brand new title would have been devastated by the kinds of things that have seemingly leaked as everything is new and people don't know the plot beats, characters and all of that. It happened with XV, but it wasn't nearly as fleshed out of a leak as this, and we didn't really have images or videos iirc.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
i wouldn't care about cancelling demo or anything, I got the only news i want from all these leak. I can now go on Total Blackout now.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
The bright side of the leak is that most of the reactions to the stuff in it has been really positive, from what I've read. The only thing people seem concerned about now is the length and structure of the game.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Holy crap it's going to be so hard avoiding spoilers for 2 months...

I just looked at another video game forum and the first thread on there spoils how long the game is and how many chapters there are in the title.

Apparently the main story is
10 hours long??? which would be a big disappointment if true
though i have no idea how they even get that information? I don't really believe it.

Drop the demo already square i need something to help me wait :<

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would just not mention the leak at all, throw out a tweet saying "Final Fantasy 7 Remake demo out Tomorrow on PSN #ForThePlanet" and everyone would be ecstatic.
Maybe Sony is using the situation to negotiate stuff with SE.

Sony: "Release the FFVII demo on the PSN? Sure we can do that, but first, make FFXVI a PlayStation 5-exclusive or you can kiss your demo goodbye!"

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017

I just looked at another video game forum and the first thread on there spoils how long the game is and how many chapters there are in the title.

though i have no idea how they even get that information? I don't really believe it.

Do you have a source for that? Squenix has said in the past that the plan was for the main story with no sidequests to be about 30 hours long. I don't really expect that, but I would be surprised if it were only 10. And I don't think that's something that can be determined from the demo data anyway.

Last edited:

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Sony is using the situation to negotiate stuff with SE.

Sony: "Release the FFVII demo on the PSN? Sure we can do that, but first, make FFXVI a PlayStation 5-exclusive or you can kiss your demo goodbye!"

Who is to blame for that leak anyway? Didn't people get it from Sony's servers, which are apparently easy to access? Or did people get the demo files from somewhere else?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

That spoiler sounds wrong .. really wrong .

Chille

Jan 7, 2018

That might be time it takes if you skip every cutscene and optional fight maybe?

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
That might be time it takes if you skip every cutscene and optional fight maybe?

Yeah I was obviously talking about the main story, but how could they even know that anyway? The leaked script maybe? I don't even know.

I don't believe it, especially after what Nomura said about the game's content, like how it was so big he had to tell everyone to stop adding stuff and how the game will surpass our expectations :p

Oct 31, 2017

A 2-disc game that's 10 hours long.... idts