• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, that was my only reason to not buy it, looks like it's time. I hope they do it with FFIX, I stopped playing it because of it.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Let's hope this means they'll fix the PS4 version too.

And while they're at it, fix FF IX as well.
It's a seriously off-putting bug, I honestly still can't believe it took them this long to even acknowledge it.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If both Switch and XB1 have seen patches is it safe to say PC and PS4 will follow?
From what I hear, the Steam version of the PC port had the glitch patched out. Switch and Xbone had that glitch plus a new one introduced, so more than likely they are nearly identical, and it might've been easy enough to fix them together. Would be lame if they never went back to fix the PS4 port though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. I just started the Switch version last night.

Hopefully they also fix some of the issues with FF9 (music, full 360-degree movement) so I play it on Switch rather than Vita.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Some folks email spamming the request for bug fix not long ago, me included.
It's work huh?

But I requested for FFIX goddammit...
Ask for one thing, get something else instead. Classic SE!

Honestly, I think they only did it to promote 7R even further. We'll be lucky to have IX fixed at all.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Final Fantasy XII didn't receive a PS4 patch did it? I'm not really expecting one here for FFVII either but will be pleasantly surprised if it gets one...

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it shows just how much it's sold on switch and probably Xbox

Last edited:

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Buying it now to support SE fixing their games and hopefully send a message for them to fix FF9 too.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Great News!

I will hold off playing it again until after E3. I hope we will get an release window for FF VIIR there.
If it is within 10 months I will hold off playing the original again

Corrupt

Oct 31, 2017
Does the FF7 rerelease still have that odd glitch where a lot of the characters have open mouths?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It's great they fixed the flashback music bug, it was the most egregious thing that ruined such a critical scene.

Square's apathy and lack of care towards its own music is shameful, thank god FFXII received its proper due in this department thanks to its producers

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is amazing. I think all these ports need is to fix the glitchy blinking eye textures and then they would be the definitive HD version of FF VII.

FF IX on consoles still has a bevy of issues on top of the music bug that needs to be fixed before I reserve that judgement. Thankfully the PC version has mods to fix most of them

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I said I wouldn't rebuy VII until the music bug was fixed. I'm a man of my word and I'll download it sometime soon. Square-Enix, do the same for IX and you'll get more of my money

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Rats I'm almost done playing it.

I hope they patch in the quality of life improvements the PC version has for FFX

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
So is the Switch version the best one to play for the first time? Or PC with mods still better despite the music bug?

Nov 1, 2017
These bugs should never have made the released product in the first place but it's nice that SE actually went back and gave what is arguably it's most cherished game release ever the love and care it absolutely deserves. Now fix FF9 please!

Nov 23, 2017
I'm almost done with "Disc 2" and now they wanna fix it? lol, But this is great though. At least it'll make my final grind easier to handle.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
So is the Switch version the best one to play for the first time? Or PC with mods still better despite the music bug?
PC with mods is always going to be better than a closed environment.

You won't get the retranslation on Switch unless you hack your switch, nor will you get the various incredible difficulty mods

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Do you have specific suggestions of what mods are worth installing?
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg209226#msg209226

Yes try this, you get the retranslation and the menu enhancement automatically, but you can also choose further enhancements if they are to your liking (for example I don't like the new models so I disable them) http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg209226#msg209226
Audio replacement is a must too to get the highest audio quality files if I'm not mistaken

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
I've just returned to FF7 on PS4 yesterday after leaving it in Congaga for a year or so.

I've finished Cosmo Canyon and stopped there and maybe I'll wait for this patch to arrive to PS4 as well.

What's that mail that we should spam to, again?

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, FFVII.

tenor.gif

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in shock that they bothered. If those were the biggest gripes I might actually get it. I kinda wrote it off when I heard about all the bugs since I still have the original.

Krysuk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, remember that annoying music bug, where the field music would restart again every time you finished a battle? Well that's gone now!

It will now carry on where it left off, letting you enjoy the full theme.

Given how many people said they wouldn't get the release because of this reason, I wonder if this will change their mind? :)

(If a patch came out for the other consoles that also fixes it, just let us know, but I personally can't check)

Summary of patch:
  • Music will now resume where it left off once a battle has concluded.
  • Transitions between cutscenes and gameplay no longer have a frame of black screen.
  • The flashback scene that played incorrect music now plays the correct music.

Xbox One too!

Great - I'm glad I put in my complaints on the Nintendo support thread back when this was found - I will purchase now, had held out buying ffvii after getting ffix until now (and bought ffx & ffxii in the meantime)

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg209226#msg209226

Yes try this, you get the retranslation and the menu enhancement automatically, but you can also choose further enhancements if they are to your liking (for example I don't like the new models so I disable them) http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg209226#msg209226
Audio replacement is a must too to get the highest audio quality files if I'm not mistaken
Great, thanks!