• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Hey, remember that annoying music bug, where the field music would restart again every time you finished a battle? Well that's gone now!

It will now carry on where it left off, letting you enjoy the full theme.

Given how many people said they wouldn't get the release because of this reason, I wonder if this will change their mind? :)

(If a patch came out for the other consoles that also fixes it, just let us know, but I personally can't check)

Summary of patch:
  • Music will now resume where it left off once a battle has concluded.
  • Transitions between cutscenes and gameplay no longer have a frame of black screen.
  • The flashback scene that played incorrect music now plays the correct music.

Last edited:

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Wow good, I am at CD2, so I will still have time to enjoy the music in the overworked! Thank you for the notification

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'm getting it now!
Was happy with FF7 on vita (PAL version...) but now I don't see a reason not to get it for switch.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Wait, somehow I must have ended in another timeline where SE actually cares. I'm definitely buying the game on Switch now, but let's hope they also fix FFIX and other consoles' ports!

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Woah neat
I mean, I already bought it and it didn't bother me as much, but it's nice they actually went and fixed it

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome! I played it on the PC as a kid so I've never known it any other way, looking forward to this.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
WOW!

Very surprised the outcry was loud enough that SE actually listened.

This is great news. After finishing FFXII I will go back to VII then.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
They fixed this on the Switch, but as far as I'm aware, this is still an issue on literally every other version. Even PC mods haven't fixed it yet, lol.

Switch the definitive version! Unless they didn't also patch the flashback song loop when Cloud chucks Sephiroth down the reactor, which is an issue on every other version. Then the Switch isn't the definitive version until they do.

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Oh, and the transitions between cutscenes and gameplay have been fixed, the screen no longer flashes black.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If they fix this for FFIX on the Switch, I'll bite.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
FFVII on PS4 has an irritating music bug in which there's a sub-second pause as the music loops.

Amazing to think SE simply hasn't give an F about these issues since December 2015.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
I see SE is dropping the megatons, if it didn't get fixed on the other versions, the Switch version must be by far the most popular of all.

Oct 29, 2017
Wow! That's amazing! I honestly thought that they'd just leave it as it is and not bother!

I can finally start playing it on Switch now! :D

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Square Enix are rising again. FFVII remake actually exists and now the long running music bug has been fixed.

kikuchiyo

Nov 9, 2017
With the remake (eventually) coming out and playing through FF12 now, I'm good on getting FF7 anytime soon, but I've been hankering for FF9 since they ran it at the last GDQ - hope SE fixes it up on Switch.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wait they patched the Switch version??? Seriously?! Shoot I only have the PS4 version. Hopefully that gets patched too or I'll have to buy the Switch version ASAP.

GenG

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you Square-Enix for listening. Such a classic deserved better.

Buying It now and waiting for the fix for FFIX.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit is this true? Thank you, will be buying it. Was FFIX on switch? Does it have music bug?

Shane M

Avenger
Jan 1, 2018
Thorold, Ontario, Canada
They fixed this on the Switch, but as far as I'm aware, this is still an issue on literally every other version. Even PC mods haven't fixed it yet, lol.

Switch the definitive version! Unless they didn't also patch the flashback song loop when Cloud chucks Sephiroth down the reactor, which is an issue on every other version. Then the Switch isn't the definitive version until they do.
If they fixed instances where the wrong music plays, that will go a long way. Hope the other versions are fixed - I got the game on Xbox.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Great news for Switch owners! A real shame however how these issues are spread across many platforms and SE seemingly pick and choose at random which ones get the fixes.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wooooooooow, this is huge news! FINALLY

Now we have to hope they update all the other versions AND IX along with it!