Will you be playing the FF7 Rebirth demo?

• Yes, no matter what

Votes: 327 44.7%
  • Yes, if it allows me to transfer progress into the full game or there's a bonus for playing it

Votes: 149 20.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 64 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 191 26.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

Amazing.

As much as I loved replaying through Remake, the dress grind for the trophy collection was not very well done. Having to redo entire chapters to tackle side-quests differently and then redoing almost all of Wall Market to get it to unlock was....oof lol

Love the option of just going to do more side-quests to up affinity to then just unlock the scene!

Apr 19, 2018
The field version, but I appreciate it

Yup, the field version and battle theme are actually one and the same here. There doesn't appear to be any music transitions when getting in and out of battles, so I just titled it Battle Edit.

EDIT: I stand corrected! Working on a new recording, and renamed the original as the "Nibel Trailhead Field" area. Battle Edit variation forthcoming too!

Last edited:

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that
if you chose to search Tifa's closet in her home, it deducts points from her romance, similar in how in Remake certain actions would dictate if you ended up having a more intimate conversation with Tifa/Aerith/Barrett near the end of the game. It also influenced the dress, obviously, and small things like in the return to the sewers, if Aerith or Tifa would be the first to wake up

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
Padding feels the same- getting to the top of mt Nibel felt so long and some of these sections wow it's the worst of the worst gaming tropes squeeze through corridors, climb clearly marked ledges- and LMFAO the mako vacuum cleaner and you have to do it more than once 😭

Music is great though and locations and presentation and combat feels good again but everything between the cutscenes and combat is honestly pretty awful but it was awful in remake too so
So disappointing, I'm replaying FF7R and the pacing is so bad. They constantly throw obstacles in the way from making progress, was hoping stuff like that was gone in Rebirth.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
if you chose to search Tifa's closet in her home, it deducts points from her romance, similar in how in Remake certain actions would dictate if you ended up having a more intimate conversation with Tifa/Aerith/Barrett near the end of the game. It also influenced the dress, obviously, and small things like in the return to the sewers, if Aerith or Tifa would be the first to wake up

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I searched the dresser for the amusing response! DX

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
I'm actually not sure if it will? It depends on what the full game is doing in terms of reading the demo save data. If it's actually reading it then, sure, I can see it doing that. If all it's doing is just letting you skip that portion without paying attention to what you *actually* did then there's a good chance that it doesn't really do anything.

MidasTouch

Dec 29, 2023
I love that we've got Suzuki as lead composer on this. It feels like they're getting the lead FF music job they deserved after the knockout XIII-2 soundtrack.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like the remake I won't like this. I didn't like the remake I won't like this. I didn't like the remake I won't like this. I didn't like the remake I won't like this. I didn't like the remake I won't like this. I didn't like the remake I won't like this. I didn't like the remake I won't like this. I saw that character I hated from the first one. I saw that cha

FUCK
The music is too good. The graphics looks great and I have a whole week off from work the day after the game releases. How can I not buy this?

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Remake yet but this game looks amazing.

I just looked to see about buying a physical copy of Remake for PS5 and it's out of print!? Seems like one of those games that you keep in print throughout the generation but what do I know. eBay prices are over $100 for used copies :/

EDIT: This seems to only be a problem in North America. UK and Japan have copies readily available for cheap.

RedEye

Oct 25, 2017
If they're only being paid for three months, then that's all Sony was ever going to pay, whether SE had a PC port ready by then or not.

Yes and no, depending on your point of view. It doesn't carry over per se, but that's because the demo is only the flashback sequence at the beginning of the game, so there's nothing to carry over in terms of progression, items, etc. But playing through the demo lets you pick up where the demo left off when the game releases, and you also get a bonus unlock.
Preciate the answer sounds like it's definitely still worth diving in

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I don't know if this is relatable for anyone but I have like complete choice paralysis as to what my 'road to Rebirth' is going to be. I want to play the demo but at the same time I don't because it's such a short wait til the actual release. So I'm leaning towards not playing it. It's been 20+ years since I played the original so I wanted to replay the OG so I could compare the two games better... but that's gonna be a timesink. Right now I'm leaning towards watching a long plot vid (or let's play) of the OG and just replaying Remake + finally playing the dlc.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is relatable for anyone but I have like complete choice paralysis as to what my 'road to Rebirth' is going to be. I want to play the demo but at the same time I don't because it's such a short wait til the actual release. So I'm leaning towards not playing it. It's been 20+ years since I played the original so I wanted to replay the OG so I could compare the two games better... but that's gonna be a timesink. Right now I'm leaning towards watching a long plot vid (or let's play) of the OG and just replaying Remake + finally playing the dlc.
If you haven't played the DLC, you'll definitely want to. DLC characters were shown during the SoP.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Dude this demo needs better motion blur
Perf mode has it on and you can't change it. The ironic thing is that it's disabled for graphics mode but motion blur is actually good for 30fps to help decrease stutter lol

I love that we've got Suzuki as lead composer on this. It feels like they're getting the lead FF music job they deserved after the knockout XIII-2 soundtrack.
Oh nice. Suzuki is awesome.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
The QoL adjustments for getting/seeing all the things sound terrific. Would have loved those features in Remake!

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Weiss! That's it! I'm done with Remake!

(it always bothers me that ultimate accessories come when you have nothing left to do...)

Still gotta plat CCR, but all I have left are pretty much just twitchy timing things...

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the Junon area they update later will be bigger than the TGS demo version, cause it was relatively short/restrictive.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
I hope the Junon area they update later will be bigger than the TGS demo version, cause it was relatively short/restrictive.
I don't know if it will be bigger in exploration size but in the demo menu it says there will be VR fights in the Junon portion, one seems to be Pheonix. So that's at least added in.

Apr 19, 2018
More than Suzuki, it's something of a surprise that Hamauzu is also headlining once again, especially after all the (semi?) retirement talk prior and after his involvement with Remake.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
More than Suzuki, it's something of a surprise that Hamauzu is also headlining once again, especially after all the (semi?) retirement talk prior and after his involvement with Remake.
Is he headlining? I only saw Suzuki and one other composer credited during the opening sequence. Did they release full credits for the CD release?

Status
Not open for further replies.