• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I know it says 4K, but is the game native, checkerboard, dynamic, or? Also curious to what the framerate is like during gameplay. I know it's 30, but as of right now, are there dips, etc. like FF15? Sorry, can't watch this now, and of course all of this is said with the understanding that things can and will likely change/improve by March. Thanks!

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I know it says 4K, but is the game native, checkerboard, dynamic, or? Also curious to what the framerate is like during gameplay. I know it's 30, but as of right now, are there dips, etc. like FF15? Sorry, can't watch this now, and of course all of this is said with the understanding that things can and will likely change/improve by March. Thanks!
Watching rn, but I haven't noticed dips.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not convinced by the real time combat (it seems more messy than FFXV's, which was already kind of messy) but overall it looks pretty polished!

Edit: To elaborate on "messy", I think this single boss combat example is fine and manageable, but I'm curious to see what fighting multiple enemies feels like. Having to keep track of multiple enemies while switching to different (character) camera angles constantly, while still having to keep an eye out on the ATB bar, limit break bar, AND the opponent's health and status bar is lot. I hope they have a UI option to put the target enemy's status bar on top of the party's status bars so I only need to look at one place to see everything.

Last edited:

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I'm not convinced by the real time combat (it seems more messy than FFXV's, which was already kind of messy) but overall it looks pretty polished!
I think it sounds a lot better than XV's combat. Seems like a nice blend of the OG ATB and a real time system.

But I also hated XV's combat, so beating it won't be hard for me.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Please release this demo to the public
I heard that there may have been some frame rate dips back at E3, but if they can get those ironed out, I really think releasing this would be a good idea. This has been a long gestating project and a lot of people have cynical thoughts about it, even with some of the great trailers and presentations they've done. The demo could be a great "proof of concept" to the public (assuming its good).

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like battle themes may be specific to whatever area you're in. Pretty cool.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the music in that first video, mixed with the environment style and colors reminds just how excellent the tone of FF7 was

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I was getting into it rubbing my astral hands together then they started talking (the guys) and broke my interest in the video. Man those first few seconds had me immersed for a bit.

Oct 31, 2017
Dear God, please let me live long enough to play this and BotW2.

Cloud's attacks look so meaty, the weight to
the combat looks wonderful.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my fucking god the graphics. Cloud looks so cool!! <3 love it.

The particle effects looks especially amazing when he stops time in tactical mode!!!!!!!,

I need gifs YESTERDAY!

Last edited:

Diagol

Oct 25, 2017
The Eurogamer gameplay video also has the title screen of the demo, and you can hear the prelude.

It sounds AMAZING.

You can also hear the music better in this vid, as the player doesn't talk all the time while playing.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_mgqp1gkmst1ry16sjjh.gif

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like it's 1080p at best. Demo supposedly runs on Pro, so I guess base PS4 will be 900p or something.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty. Don't care for the arrangement of the Mako Reactor theme. I think orchestrating it makes it lose it's cold, mechanical feel. Particularly choosing piano over the part where the chimes/bells should've played. The "Ding-Dong...Dong-ding" part sounds much better, IMO, with bells.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Did the scorpion get nerfed? Watching that Eurogamer video was a bit shocking how easy he looks compared to the E3 presentation. Also thank god they added the KH short cuts, would've gotten sick of tact mode within the first few hours.