• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the Eurogamer video, not too much commentary and what is there is pretty good.

Loving how the battle system looks. Really seems like a "best of both worlds" solution to a turn based vs action RPG system.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BTW the in the eurogames video we can hear the whole dub of the demo and it sounds really good.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
FFXV combat was more in line with Kingdom Hearts 3. And Remake 7 is more of an evolution of Crisis Core combat

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I'm not sure about the balance between action/turn based. I would kind of like the game to force you to use your ATB gauge when it fills up, so you have to worry about positioning all of the party in a strategic manner.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, FF15 doesn't play anything like KH3. It plays like Type-0.

In the sense that when you press the attack button on FFXV, Noctis starts doing a bunch of shit and happens the same for Sora in KH3.

In Crisis Core, one press of the attack button equals one slash from the sword, you also have a dedicated dodge button, so the combat overall reminds me of what we've seen on Remak7

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
In the sense that when you press the attack button on FFXV, Noctis starts doing a bunch of shit and happens the same for Sora in KH3.

In Crisis Core, one press of the attack button equals one slash from the sword, you also have a dedicated dodge button, so the combat overall reminds me of what we've seen on Remak7
You just described KH lol

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
Anybody else wish we could turn off that black & white filter when the game goes into tactical mode?

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe I'll play this in March. Holy. Jesus.

I tend to not get hyped for big releases, but this is FF7. I was sceptical when they announced it but seeing all this... It just looks perfect. This might be first time in years I'll buy some kind of more expensive edition.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
You just described KH lol
Nope, Sora starts going bananas as you keep on pressing the attack button, he doesnt do only one slash with the keyblade, he starts spinning around doing multi hits and ruins the whole flow and control you had over the attack. If you want a more specific comparison, you could say the combat in Remake of FF7 is now more along the lines of how the single sword attacks work on DMC.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
It looks absolutely incredible.

But I gotta say...the fact that part 1 is only Midgar and that we have no idea what the timeline is for anything beyond this continues to gnaw at me.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
this whole project is probably going to finish 10 years from now, either in 3 or 4 parts. I can see them going for a fourth part just to squeeze as much milk they can out of it.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I miss the victory fanfare after every battle. I was hoping it would return in some way.

this whole project is probably going to finish 10 years from now, either in 3 or 4 parts. I can see them going for a fourth part just to squeeze as much milk they can out of it.

They will probably do what they did with the FFXIII series, a title every 18 months to 2 years. I am sure part 2 is well into production.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait

I think each part is it's own big project.
FFXV combat was more in line with Kingdom Hearts 3. And Remake 7 is more of an evolution of Crisis Core combat

Not true, also the remake is more of an evolution of the classic FFVII ATB but it became more involved and dynamic, a hybrid which you can chose the way you want to play without sacrificing the orginal style of gameplay and strategies.

Instead of waiting to charge your ATB now you will combo to charge it, also you can move around in battle.

Oct 27, 2017
It looks really fantastic, its good to see a bit more of the actual flow of gameplay. In terms of voices they actually sound really quite good here, despite some issues people had with them in the trailer released yesterday which shows a lot of the awkward sounding voice direction may sound significantly better in context (we can hope). There's still an FF7 Stage Demo as well right? I assume that may just be an extended look at this section and the trailer from yesterday though?

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I think each part is it's own big project.

Not true, also the remake is more of an evolution of the classic FFVII ATB but it became more involved and dynamic, a hybrid which you can chose the way you want to play without sacrificing the orginal style of gameplay and strategies.

Instead of waiting to charge your ATB now you will combo to charge it, also you can move around in battle.
It looks more like FFXIII to me.

keidash

Jan 31, 2018
It's not a half fo the first CD and people is going nuts about this game, it looks awesome but... I can't think anything else than they are splitting not even in half (not even a quarter) a game and they are going to sell it full price... and people will buy undoubtedly.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Fuck, sucks, lighting looks like a fuckin' joke!

Are you kidding me? Lookit the lighting on his arms 2 seconds into the footage. Looks fuckin' demonic.

(Translation: looks amazing)

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
How so? Here you can move, swap characters and so on, also the classic command menu is there, there is not paradigm shifting, but yeah there are few elements i see from XIII, the staggering system.

FF13 definitely feels like a stepping stone to this, imo. There's something to be said for 'feel' - and the classic command menu was there in FF13, too, it's just the game was often moving too fast to actually use it. We also know some characters (Cloud, at least) will have stances which is reminiscent of paradigm shift - but none of that is surprising given that this game seems to share a fair number of high-level staff with FF13. In terms of staff lineage, it feels like a mix of FF13 and KH2, specifically.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
FF13 definitely feels like a stepping stone to this, imo. There's something to be said for 'feel' - and the classic command menu was there in FF13, too, it's just the game was often moving too fast to actually use it. We also know some characters (Cloud, at least) will have stances which is reminiscent of paradigm shift - but none of that is surprising given that this game seems to share a fair number of high-level staff with FF13. In terms of staff lineage, it feels like a mix of FF13 and KH2, specifically.

I see, hmmm.. i actually enjoyed XIII's battle system despite its big flaws, the boss fights were amazing.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
It's incredible. A dream come true. They've nailed everything. The music is glorious. I need the OST.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Did the scorpion get nerfed? Watching that Eurogamer video was a bit shocking how easy he looks compared to the E3 presentation. Also thank god they added the KH short cuts, would've gotten sick of tact mode within the first few hours.
Good to know KH shortcut exists.

Gameplay looks pretty much as expected, and I'm fine with that. Very excited for the game overall.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I agree with a lot of the music complaints posted in this thread. No industrial noises, no synths. I thought there'd be more piano and guitars in what I'm hearing.

Still More Fighting sounds incredibly dull. Where's the piano? One of my favorite tracks in the series and what they've come up with here is a miss. I really hope they have different versions of the track through out the entire game. And yeah, Barret is going to get annoying with the Fanfare if it goes beyond the first mission.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, Sora starts going bananas as you keep on pressing the attack button, he doesnt do only one slash with the keyblade, he starts spinning around doing multi hits and ruins the whole flow and control you had over the attack. If you want a more specific comparison, you could say the combat in Remake of FF7 is now more along the lines of how the single sword attacks work on DMC.

Because KH3 has a lot of combat abilities that alter even your basic combo, especially when you start to take into account flow motion commands. But it's different in XV, where you actually HOLD the button and watch shit goes ham. In KH3, you still have to individually tap the button to get Sora to go from one slash to the next, the next may happen to not be an ordinary slash but at least it can only occur if you repeatedly press the button. XV lets you hold it down all the way, really bad design.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
How so? Here you can move, swap characters and so on, also the classic command menu is there, there is not paradigm shifting, but yeah there are few elements i see from XIII, the staggering system.
How ATB is used and 'stocked' as a resource is very FFXIII. Most of the DNA is XIII I feel, with a little bit of XII and XV

To me playing it felt like what if we could move around in ffxiii