• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0082-PPSA01637_00-0291763878924857

From Japanese PSN Store page of FF7R Intergrade, there is a mention of this at the bottom. (rough google translate)

EvJeY6nVEAMIlrn

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
There it is

I figured there would be some caveat, especially after the £70 pre-order for the PS5 version...

Oct 25, 2017
The free upgrade makes sense if you think about it. Technically, you dont own the game with a + subscription. If you unsubbed, would you still get the game? I dont think so.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But you can't upgrade it?? lol Wtf
The PS5 PS+ version seems behind a paywall, the PS4 digital deluxe edition that seems eligible for it. Otherwise it will run in BC mode. Their formulation is confusing between version and platform, let you think about a discount or something but I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:

plow

Oct 28, 2017
It's a free game that isn't even a year old. I don't think anyone can complain to be honest. Would be interesting to see what the upgrade price is, probably the price for the Yuffie DLC.

People seem to forget that the game is stil 70€ on the PSN and even Physical still sells for 40€.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
no upgrade for the free plus version? now that's the square I remember. last night's square was like a completely different person

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of free update is mega shit, the only saving grace is that used copy of PS4 FF7R should be pennies in June, but still.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lmfao square you absolute fucks

giving the game away and then not giving the free upgrade

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The free upgrade makes sense if you think about it. Technically, you dont own the game with a + subscription. If you unsubbed, would you still get the game? I dont think so.
I was thinking about this the other day, either you would tie the PS5 version to PS Plus as well, or this would be the other option. It's a weird situation lol

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
So they're not even doing the DriveClub (remember that game?) thing where you can pay a reduced fee to upgrade?

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I bet the PS4 physical copies will slightly increase in price now.

It was £22 brand new at Amazon but that's already been snapped up

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my guess is it actually has to do with the PS5 version not just being an update but a separate SKU

So because PS+ entitlements are temporary they'd have to give you some sort of temporary access to the PS5 version as well

Deleted member 44122

why not mention this in the state of play? also why have they still not announced the ps+ games for march? ..

Singapore store text

IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
Updated on 1 March, 2021
If you already own a PS4™ digital version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, you are not eligible to purchase FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE. You are however eligible to receive a free PS5™ digital version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE if you already either (i) own a PS4™ digital version of the game or (ii) own a PS4™ disc version of the game and also own a PS5™ console with a disc drive (you must insert the disc each time you wish you to download or play the PS5™ digital version of the game). Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you obtained FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE via PlayStation®Plus Monthly Game then (a) you are not eligible for the free upgrade to PS5™ but (b) you are eligible to purchase FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE. The PlayStation®5 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE and all related updates are required to play the new episode featuring Yuffie. Some additional restrictions may apply.

Source: PSN Singapore

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE Digital Deluxe Edition (Japanese/English Version) (English, Japanese)

Please note there is also a version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE without some of the extra items that come with this product. FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE expands upon and reimagines the spectacular world of the original PlayStation® game. It covers up through the escape from Midgar and...
At the bottom

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
So if you get FF7 via PS Plus, you won't even be able to buy FF7 INTERGRADE Standard Edition, but only the more expensive Deluxe Edition?

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Not upgradable, lol.
What a strange decision. Personally this makes me less interested in buying ps5 version (unless it's with a huge discount). And I am definitely not interested in playing the ps4 "30 fps+shitty textures" version.

But I guess it's a great PS+ game for people who own a ps4, and don't own a ps5 yet.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
And I was already putting my Deluxe Edition copy up for sale believing I could make use of the FF7R PS+ edition.

Just announce the lineup already.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
If this is true I can see why they didn't announce it in the State of Play yesterday lol

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I would legit just suggest (if you want PS5 version) to scoop the cheapest used PS4 FF7R copy you can find and just store it in drawer until June comes. Then just pay for Yuffie episode.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Well they better make sure we can buy the PS4 digital edition even after claiming this via plus.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Are people genuinely shocked and or surprised by this?

The fact they're giving it away at all in any capacity is crazy. There aren't many games that landed on PS Plus under a year of release, and from the ones I can think of on the top of my head, there certainly aren't any that kept their price like FFVIIR has.

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Are people genuinely shocked and or surprised by this?

The fact they're giving it away at all in any capacity is crazy. There aren't many games that landed on PS Plus under a year of release, and from the ones I can think of on the top of my head, there certainly aren't any that kept their price like FFVIIR has.
Yeah agree. What shocks me most is how early this game is coming out on PS Plus.
Not being able to upgrade PS Plus version to PS5 is no shock at all considering how they are selling it full price.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Updated on 1 March, 2021
If you already own a PS4™ digital version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, you are not eligible to purchase FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE. You are however eligible to receive a free PS5™ digital version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE if you already either (i) own a PS4™ digital version of the game or (ii) own a PS4™ disc version of the game and also own a PS5™ console with a disc drive (you must insert the disc each time you wish you to download or play the PS5™ digital version of the game). Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you obtained FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE via PlayStation®Plus Monthly Game then (a) you are not eligible for the free upgrade to PS5™ but (b) you are eligible to purchase FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE. The PlayStation®5 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE and all related updates are required to play the new episode featuring Yuffie. Some additional restrictions may apply.

Source: PSN Singapore

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE Digital Deluxe Edition (Japanese/English Version) (English, Japanese)

Please note there is also a version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE without some of the extra items that come with this product. FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE expands upon and reimagines the spectacular world of the original PlayStation® game. It covers up through the escape from Midgar and...
At the bottom

So you can buy the upgrade? I'm so confused lol

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Gotta balance the positivity, with some negativity.
You would be eligible to purchase the PS5 version of it, for $70.
How does it suck? People are getting one of the best games of last year, and its not even been a year since it's been released.

The moaning on here is ridiculous.
For PS4 players who have not played it yet, it's good, but if you own a PS5 and are interested, the PS+ version is vastly inferior, and to get the better version you have to spend $70. For me, they might as well not give it out at all, if I can't upgrade.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Not really upset, just a shame that, to me, this is a wasted slot. I have a PS5 and there is no way I'm going to play the PS4 version, even how good that may be.

No. It's saying that if you get the PS+ version, it doesn't lock you out of buying the PS5 version.

Jan 11, 2018
So much entitlement. People should be glad if they're getting a game as recent and critically acclaimed as this one for free. Would you rather have a 4 year old game that no one cares about again? Of course you are not going to receive a free port to a more recent console with it, that isn't even out yet and will cost money for people who haven't paid to own the game yet.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
The upgrade is a full priced game.

If you bought the PS4 version - you get upgraded for free
If you get the PS Plus version - You pay for the new version at full price

Now, if I have the disc and choose to upgrade but have redeemed the PS Plus version, will I still need the disc?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta balance the positivity, with some negativity.

You would be eligible to purchase the PS5 version of it, for $70.

For PS4 players who have not played it yet, it's good, but if you own a PS5 and are interested, the PS+ version is vastly inferior, and to get the better version you have to spend $70. For me, they might as well not give it out at all, if I can't upgrade.
Oh my god the entitlement in this thread lmao.

Oct 27, 2017
How does it suck? People are getting one of the best games of last year, and its not even been a year since it's been released.

The moaning on here is ridiculous.
First of all, how am I moaning?

Second of all, you are paying for PS Plus to get games and going from Cross Buy to this is a downgrade. You used to get both versions of the games years ago and now they are splitting it in half.

PS3 and Vita games used to be cross buy with PS4, didn't they?
Gamer entitlement is the worst
You are paying for a service. Yes, you are entitled for what you pay for.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
So much entitlement. People should be glad if they're getting a game as recent and critically acclaimed as this one for free. Would you rather have a 4 year old game that no one cares about again? Of course you are not going to receive a free port to a more recent console with it, that isn't even out yet and will cost money for people who haven't paid to own the game yet.
Well, we got Control Ultimate day 1. I don't think expecting a PS5 upgrade, that is *free* for those who own a PS4 copy not from PS+ is that crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.