• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
You're trying to be smart but you're being unrealistic. I've been in situations like this before, where delays to our releases have happened and it's not viable to push it by, say, 2 months, so we have to settle on a closer date even if it's close to other big releases. That's just how it is unfortunately.

FFVII remake is one of the most anticipated games of this generation. The people who care about it will buy it in their millions, Cyberpunk or no.
Maybe that is the case for some; but for a lot of people, money is the case.

I'm not "trying to be smart" regarding business savvy and economics - it's actually something I studied in college. A company as big as Square-Enix has the distinct luxury of being able to push a game as far back as it wants to and the fact that they're pushing it out of their fiscal year window says a lot about this situation.

Regarding Final Fantasy VII Remake sales, people that were planning on getting both games, but can't afford to buy 2 games in the same month now have 6 days between the 2 games to make the difficult choice of which one matters more to them.

Buying both seems like the easy solution, but not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to afford such a luxury. Not everyone can afford to do that - real life sometimes puts it's very real boot on your neck.

Square-Enix deciding on April 10th seems more like a choice, than something resembling a financially/business-motivated ultimatum and it just seems strange.

Anyway - what games have you worked on? Anything I might have played?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Still don't know how they're getting away with not putting a "Part 1" in the title honestly.

SE are cheeky as fuck.

Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I get the feeling cyberpunk will get delayed too at this point. PR push is almost non existent at this point for it and we still haven't seen much footage for such an huge and complicated title. Square might know something thus the confidence in delaying their own game...

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Soo far VII Remake looks way more interesting to me than Cyberpunk, it takes all my priority for as a fan of the franchise and FFVII, Nothing insane about preferring it over Cyberpunk.

Please. WRPG has been running shit since 2006. I am speaking from a normie PoV. This isn't the late 90s to early 2000s, fam.

Beatrix

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Not really surprised. I'm already waiting so what's another month or so. I really hope this is enough time for them to deliver a complete product. Maybe they learned their lesson from FFXV?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
aw that's too bad, i was hoping blast through it but i might have to put it on the back burner with that new date

still, i don't mind game delays for the most part

if they need the time then they need the time

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Have to wait until I upgrade my pc before I play Cyberpunk anyway, so it's easily FF7 for me. The delay is a shame but ultimately does not bother me much.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Man, CyperPunk is gonna crush the remake in sells and also, may I mention, people who already played the original who thinks this project is in parts is ridiculous will go with CyperPunk anyways. I'm getting both btw, and I bought two copies of the remake. CP2077 will be my first WRPG I will complete and make me be a fan of the genre like FFVII did like 21 years ago.

Slair

Oct 27, 2017
Does this mean I still have to pay for the collectors edition next week? Bullshit if that's the case.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Man, CyperPunk is gonna crush the remake in sells and also, may I mention, people who already played the original who thinks this project is in parts is ridiculous will go with CyperPunk anyways. I'm getting both btw, and I bought two copies of the remake. CP2077 will be my first WRPG I will complete and make me be a fan of the genre like FFVII did like 21 years ago.

Cyberpunk was going to sell more anyways.

Weather FF7R was going to release March or April.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I will probably be playing Doom Eternal, and there's RE3 after that. Take your time Square. Cyberpunk will be a PS5 title for me.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm mildly annoyed because I kinda need a proper date here. April 9? April 11? April 14? Which one is it now?
Because it sure as hell ain't April 10 as that's a holiday here (and several other countries!). So April 10 is not 'worldwide'.
Did they not realize that? Weird.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Sucks for me.
I intended to get a physical deluxe edition day one since I was going to be in Vegas (I live in a country without release date parity)

To add insult to injury I'm on vacations from March 9th to April 10th. I'll be spending most of it in London, although I booked my return flight for April 6th...

So April 10th I either buy digital and have to buy physical later (probably gonna do that) or don't buy it till it gets here

Shadow_FFVI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Sucks for me.
I intended to get a physical deluxe edition day one since I was going to be in Vegas (I live in a country without release date parity)

To add insult to injury I'm on vacations from March 9th to April 10th. I'll be spending most of it in London, although I booked my return flight for April 6th...

So April 10th I either buy digital and have to buy physical later (probably gonna do that) or don't buy it till it gets here
That sucks, dude. Makes my inconvenience seem minor in comparison.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Please. WRPG has been running shit since 2006. I am speaking from a normie PoV. This isn't the late 90s to early 2000s, fam.

What has "running shit" got to do with what game they are more interested in?

I'm more interested in RE3make than the next Call of Duty. Are you going to tell me that's wrong because CoD will sell more? Fuck off, per.

Arsenic

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I get the feeling cyberpunk will get delayed too at this point. PR push is almost non existent at this point for it and we still haven't seen much footage for such an huge and complicated title. Square might know something thus the confidence in delaying their own game...
Well, your fears came correct

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Well.....guess i take back my statement........i can buy FFVII remake again lol, i was initially skipping due to cyberpunk 6 days away

Oct 25, 2017
Whose idea was it to release this on Black Friday? Got an email from Amazon telling me the new estimated delivery is April 14th. If I don't get it day one I'll be really disappointed.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I'm a little disappointed in the Cyberpunk delay because I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk, but I admit that I'm a bit relieved that VII Remake doesn't have to go up against it and they don't have to cannibalize each others' sales. Because, to be frank, I think VIIR would have gotten the far worse end of the deal on that one.

The actual month long delay doesn't bother me a bit. I wouldn't mind if it was a bit more, if Square thought it needed it. I want this game to be the best it can be because the characters and story mean a lot to me, and I'd love to see the FF series attain a really high quality bar again.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
WK2bBY2.gif

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Glad cd project respected ff7r to not want their sales to cannibalize each other. Japanese rpgs and western rpgs can coexist

Between ff7r re3r and nioh 2 i am stacked for a while