• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh there's a Cyberpunk fan much more active in this thread than in the Cyberpunk's delay thread.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Laughing at all of those "cancelling my VIIR pre-orders now. Only have time for CYBAPUNK!" posts, lol

Time to load those pre-order screens back up, folks!

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
Wow, I turn my back for a couple of days and this happens. Can't say I'm surprised, though. Actually, I was kinda wondering when FF7R: Part 1 would get delayed, since I figured it was inevitable.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
The posts the other day about Cyberpunk devouring this game and taking all of its sales are pretty funny in retrospect, lmao. Good on devs for being open with the fans and being willing to delay games. Since I just played the original for the first time, I can wait another month for this.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
January 2017: Resident Evil 7 and Kinhdom Hearts II.8
January 2019: Resident Evil 2 and Kingdom Hearts III
April 2020: Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII Remake

And all of them less than a week apart. This can't be just a coincidence.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
CDPR got so spooked by Big Daddy Squeenix that they up and buggered off to distant September.

FFVII stays king.

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
Looked through a bit of this thread and not sure if this point should be posted here or be a new thread but the new release date will be an issue for a lot of people.

The reason: April 10th is Good Friday. This means that for quite a few people they will not be able to get a physical copy on the day of release. Quick googling found this:

Countries such as Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Spain, the United Kingdom and Venezuela all celebrate Good Friday as a public holiday. Also the following states for those in the US:
CT, DE, HI, IN, KY, LA, NC, ND, NJ, TN and optional holiday in TX

I know Australia at least has Good Friday as being a day where almost all businesses are closed so for those of us here you wouldn't be able to get a physical copy on the day of release, not sure about other countries though.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that April 10th is the start of a 4-day weekend here. That's fantastic; I won't have to take any day off.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Looked through a bit of this thread and not sure if this point should be posted here or be a new thread but the new release date will be an issue for a lot of people.

The reason: April 10th is Good Friday. This means that for quite a few people they will not be able to get a physical copy on the day of release. Quick googling found this:

Countries such as Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Spain, the United Kingdom and Venezuela all celebrate Good Friday as a public holiday. Also the following states for those in the US:

I know Australia at least has Good Friday as being a day where almost all businesses are closed so for those of us here you wouldn't be able to get a physical copy on the day of release, not sure about other countries though.
I'm in Germany and Amazon sent me a mail that I'll get my copy on April 15th. April fucking 15th. That's 5 days after the release date. What the hell.

I saw a Facebook screenshot from Square Enix EU that they're aware of the situation and are looking into it, but I doubt anything will happen.

Oct 25, 2017

Yep, tons of shit is closed on good friday.

SE picked a real stupid date.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What will happen is that stores will start selling the copies a day or 2 before, while we digital folks will have to wait till the 10th.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Patapon remaster, which was found along with FF7R demo on PSN store, is coming out on Jan 30th.
Also, FF7 anniversary date is Jan 31st..
So let's prey.

tumblr_lyktw0Yf4W1r4kjono1_500.gif

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
What will happen is that stores will start selling the copies a day or 2 before, while we digital folks will have to wait till the 10th.
Then I will still be the idiot who pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition from Amazon. lol
I just sent them a mail to see if there's anything they can do. Maybe they can ship it a day earlier. I'm desperate.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017

That's... really poor planning from SE. Hope they release it one day early in these areas.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
how do u think they'll end the first part of this remake so that it comes off as a satisfactory end?

I see this one being very tough.

Miang

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah it's completely bizarre that they've picked that day, tbh. I want the deluxe edition which is only available from Game on the UK, but there is no postal service on Good Friday. I don't really want to reserve for store pick up as the nearest shop is a 30 minute drive, and it's the school holidays so I'd have to take 2 young kids with me. I'm sure there are lots of others who are unable to get to a shop, are working or whatever, so would be relying on release date delivery. In short.... what the hell SE?

SonicRift

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon just sent me a release date email, which is great, because my preorder is for an old listing that is no longer available and still doesn't have cover art, ordered June 17, 2015. I've got it preordered at a killer price of $55 CAD (note: games are usually $80 here). Also on the same order: Fallout 4, Doom, Star Wars Battlefront & Ratchet and Clank.

I kind of expected them to cancel this preorder.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I would be safe since I am getting a courier service for the Collector's Edition of the game, who according to their website only deliver on Good Friday.

Then I was it was DPD. A number of online retailers use them. I have had numerous bad dealings with them. My favourite was I got notice a package will be delivered between 5pm and 6pm. 6.45 I got a email saying there was no one at home. The problem was I got it delivered to my parents shop which didn't close until 9pm that day.

It will be praying to Sephiroth that it will go to plan.

Miang

Oct 28, 2017
I thought I would be safe since I am getting a courier service for the Collector's Edition of the game, who according to their website only deliver on Good Friday.

Then I was it was DPD. A number of online retailers use them. I have had numerous bad dealings with them. My favourite was I got notice a package will be delivered between 5pm and 6pm. 6.45 I got a email saying there was no one at home. The problem was I got it delivered to my parents shop which didn't close until 9pm that day.

It will be praying to Sephiroth that it will go to plan.

Whereabouts are you? In UK DPD don't work on good Friday according to their website, or else I'd change my Game order to courier delivery :(

Tbh DPD have been excellent whenever I've used them, always deliver in the time slot. I appreciate its the luck of the draw with how good your local drivers are.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Yeah, I'm really worried that I won't be able to get a physical copy day 1.
Since we also have Good Friday here in Sweden. :(

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
how do u think they'll end the first part of this remake so that it comes off as a satisfactory end?

I see this one being very tough.
I actually think this'll be the easy one to end. It's already gonna be its own story of an escalating war with Shinra and AVALANCHE. It'll have a you storming the Shinra tower as a big, climactic showdown and then Sephy will throw a wrench in everything and the game will end with the sequel hook of leaving Midgar behind to find Sephy.

I'm more worried about where the hell they'll end future episodes.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... Is the dream dead as far as the demo goes? Are we still thinking it might drop on the 31st to coincide with the original game's Japanese release day?

The dream is more alive than ever since Patapon 2 (which leaked at the same time as FF VII Demo) is dropping this week.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Regarding Good Friday, I was about to say "you underestimate the grey market in my country". Then, I remembered I have already pre-ordered the deluxe edition from a store and cannot risk losing that copy. So, yeah. Won't really play during that long weekend.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Please. WRPG has been running shit since 2006. I am speaking from a normie PoV. This isn't the late 90s to early 2000s, fam.
If what you are saying is that WRPGs are bad now, you are clearly still somehow stuck in the 2000s. No worries, things are not great in general in 2020. Guess who's the American president these days.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Whereabouts are you? In UK DPD don't work on good Friday according to their website, or else I'd change my Game order to courier delivery :(

Tbh DPD have been excellent whenever I've used them, always deliver in the time slot. I appreciate its the luck of the draw with how good your local drivers are.

DPD Ireland. I don't have this years schedule but last year they delivered.