• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
cloud-strife-motorcyle-final-fantasy-7-remake-uhdpaper.com-4K-28.jpg
The Final Fantasy VII Remake is launching on PlayStation 4 in two months. The game is a PlayStation exclusive for one year, but it seems like work on a PC port may already have begun.

The game's demo, which some have been able to download from the PlayStation Network despite it not being available publicly, features mentions of a PC version in its code. Higher resolutions options are found in the code, as well as references to AMD and NVIDIA.

2021 hype wooooooooooo /s

Not too surprising, but these paid exclusivity deals should fuck off next gen

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Not really a surprise tbh, it was the same way with FF15 and some other SE titles.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
There should be zero doubt that this was going to PC after the exclusivity was up.

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
Most obvious thing. Only question is when, right after the exlusivity window? Or later at some random point in time and space because square is square?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
If this gen teached us anything: Every big (and most small) third-party-games will go multiplat eventually.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm sure it will come to PC, but i wouldn't take references to PC architecture stuff in the files to be a sign of that, given the game's built on UE4 which includes support for everything under the sun

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
i'm sure it will come to PC, but i wouldn't take references to PC architecture stuff in the files to be a sign of that, given the game's built on UE4 which includes support for everything under the sun
The NVIDIA stuff is interesting though, as FF15 was a big GameWorks title so I wouldn't expect FF7R to be any different

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Sucks when I have such a powerful rig, but I can't wait that long. Seems I will have to undust my PS4.
Maybe I will double dip down the line, once all parts are available or at least, until I wanna replay it.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Of course it does. Many of its inevitable issues will be fixed by then, too. Waiting always pays.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I'd seriously worry about Square if they'd release a Final Fantasy game on PC without waiting 12 months for that sweet Sony "exclusivity" money.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
How many ch did Sony pay yo keep this off other systems?

And for a late PS4 game too? They went the extra mile.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It was pretty obvious that it'd come to PC and next gen Xbox (and PS5) when they announced that it was a 1 year timed exclusive.

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Of course it is. However, the real question is how many FF fans are willing and able to wait that long? I thought I could, but nope. I'm a slave to FFVII, especially after seeing the demo opening video

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
1. We already knew this so not really a revelation
2. Hoping the Pro enhancements are a bit more substantial than just 1080p with enhanced settings. A high resolution mode (CB 4K) will be highly appreciated.

Hell, if they add a frame rate option ala KH3, that will also be great.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Not only was this obvious, but wasn't it actually low-key official when the remake was announced? I feel like everyone was pretty sure then that the game is coming out on PS4 and PC, and it was only later that the whole PS4 Exclusive talk came about.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Good screw timed exclusives, either make a game for everyone or go full exclusive, timed exclusives are companies paying to hurt people but only long enough to not hurt them so much that they won't still buy your game later.

If you can't afford to put your game everywhere like a small studio and just need the financial help or extra time that's of course okay but don't deceive people just let them know, "hey its gonna be 6 months" or "hey we just can't afford it right now but its not out of the question"

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Unsurprising, but still wish people would take Sony to task over timed exclusivity deals.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
If this gen teached us anything: Every big (and most small) third-party-games will go multiplat eventually.
Unless you are ATLUS.
Of course it is. However, the real question is how many FF fans are willing and able to wait that long? I thought I could, but nope. I'm a slave to FFVII, especially after seeing the demo opening video
Me. It's not like it's a brand new game. And I hate timed exclusivity.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
RIP Overwatch.

the SFM community is going to be all over this