• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LOL @ this whole thread, the hysteria over a few statements is fantastic. Man the next few months leading up to March are going to be fun aren't they?

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I don't think anyone is mad about "some" new elements. It's more the fact that in order to make Midgar into the focus of an entire game, MOST OF THE GAME will be new stuff, delaying the actually good parts that much further away.
The first page already all complaining about the watchers of fate or whatever, bring all new silly things to make the game feel newer and fun

The number of games is weird yes , but at least makes every individual release an event were we aren't sure what to expect, thats exciting :^3

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017
Not getting the fears about Aerith being savable page one, but I didn't read the next dozen pages.

I want to see Sephiroth go in to stab Aerith and another character jumps in the way to save her and just take the stab.

Then he stabs Aerith anyway and that other character survives.

Basically, pull a Smash Bros Banjo reveal.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that's the world of FFVII for ya.
Not really. Maybe modern representation, but if we go by the NPC models in the original, they were pretty varied in style:

latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

I think the Boss and the women that that use that model were designed to be inspired by a 1950s look:
latest

There's also Johnny, of course (we'll see him in Episode 1):
latest

And maybe Episode 2 or 3, when we get to Corel and Gold Saucer, we'll see Mr. Coates and Ester(two I'm anticipating):
latest
latest

If anything, FFVII Remake's world needs less Normies and more spikey haired characters with unique fashion tastes.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Goddamnit. If that black smoke is Gackt I'm gonna be pissed.

They're totally gonna retcon him in, aren't they?

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never thought I'd see blatant trolling as I have in this forum. Step away from the computer, drop the ham sandwich, and back the FRACK off gaijin. I hate to use that word but you've made me that serious. As hard as it may be for you to fathom, some of us here are actual fans of the Final Fantasy series (pre FFX) and Square's work in general. You can try to bash me for a FunkoPop I bought because I happen to be a dedicated fan of perhaps the most poignant, painstakingly woven tapestry of love, loss, and vengeance ever to be put from pen to paper, but you would fail, like all you flamers do in real life. Who can say that the minds at Square Enix (note: the appropriate portmanteau is SQUENIX, not the laughable SQUEENIX) were not inspired by the works of William Shakespeare or Chuck Palahniuk? Cloud's Bastard Sword has more akin with the bastard sons of Macbeth than it does any armament or basilard of the time. The Honey Bee Club in Midgar reminds me more of the Fight Clubs than any brothel. So please, use your brains, not your sarcasm, and step up to the intellectual plate, or leave this forum and take your "haterade" with you.
tenor.gif

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Maybe modern representation, but if we go by the NPC models in the original, they were pretty varied in style:

latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

I think the Boss and the women that that use that model were designed to be inspired by a 1950s look:
latest

There's also Johnny, of course (we'll see him in Episode 1):
latest

And maybe Episode 2 or 3, when we get to Corel and Gold Saucer, we'll see Mr. Coates and Ester(two I'm anticipating):
latest
latest

If anything, FFVII Remake's world needs less Normies and more spikey haired characters with unique fashion tastes.
You're showing special, named NPCs... The NPCs in the train are quite clearly not these.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Johnny, Ester, etc. are not on that train.
Johnny, Ester and Mr. Coates are the ONLY ones I posted that aren't. The rest are NPCs in the original, folk you'd see walkin around towns and such. They aren't all homogenized looking. The artists made an choice to make them all look somewhat unique, and that look is just as much a part of FFVII's world as Cloud and his spikey hair. At least to me it is. Cloud is supposed to stand out because he's the main character, but he's not supposed to stand out in the world itself. He's not a fish out of water, it's his world, he's going to be somewhat a reflection of it.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Johnny, Ester and Mr. Coates are the ONLY ones I posted that aren't. The rest are NPCs in the original, folk you'd see walkin around towns and such. They aren't all homogenized looking. The artists made an choice to make them all look somewhat unique, and that look is just as much a part of FFVII's world as Cloud and his spikey hair. At least to me it is. Cloud is supposed to stand out because he's the main character, but he's not supposed to stand out in the world itself. He's not a fish out of water, it's his world, he's going to be somewhat a reflection of it.

We've seen NPC's in one area

one

uno

And even if the NPC's are mostly "homogenized" (highly doubt it), who gives a fuck? It's a remake, and the director thought this was how NPC's should look.

I just don't fucking understand all this whining and complaining over literally every damn detail about this game. It's clearly going to be very different from the original and we've known this for years. If that's such a problem for people they should save themselves the frustration and just replay the original.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
thank you.
Well I think removing aerith's death from the story-line it's pretty lame and dumb.
Which is why that won't be happening (just an assumption started with knee-jerk reactions over what the "watchmen of fate" represent).
Sorry it's late (took a while to find), dunno if it's been answered already, but it was here at 1:55:

Yet in spite of what SE said they're going for in recasting the English VAs to make Remake more distinct, the Japanese ones will remain exactly the same.

Last edited:

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
And it's going to cost us $200 and be a gigantic waste of time and money just so Square can have a goddamn decade-long vanity project instead of actually respecting players' time and money and putting out a remake that honors the original game without flooding it with useless crap.

They're asking us to trust them and I just don't. They've given us absolutely no reason to believe they can pull this off.

No offense but control yourself and stop whining so much. You're acting hysterical before the game is even out. If you want to be negative then go for it but you're just repeating yourself over and over again. It just sounds like you hope the game fails badly for your own badly needed catharsis.

Look, a lot of players are okay with an expanded Midgar and an expanded FFVII. You don't speak for all of us.

And most of us aren't as negative on it as you.

Ya, Double D Tifa appears exclusively in those late-game CGIs around the North Crater.

Those shouldn't be a reference for anything, they don't even maintain the same style or character models throughout the entire game.

EDIT: I hate myself for even discussing it

Yo, those aren't Double Ds. Double Ds are what she has currently in the remake.

She's like an H or J cup in those scenes. They're bigger than her head.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Goddamnit. If that black smoke is Gackt I'm gonna be pissed.

They're totally gonna retcon him in, aren't they?

smh

Totally. Genesis is actually the Big Bad.

He's Aerith's previous boyfriend and he kills her before Sephiroth ever gets the there.

Zack has been retconned out as well. It was Genesis. Cloud is imitating Genesis now.

Also President Shinra is Genesis' dad and in Nibelheim, it was Genesis dressed as Sephiroth.

Also Sephiroth slips on Yuffie's banana and breaks his neck at the end of Part 2.

It all begins with Genesis.

Also, he slept with Cloud's mom too.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would actually be cool especially if tifa dies in exchange

Could you imagine the aerisdieslol spoiler being reborn as tifadieslol

It would be amazing

It doesn't make sense thematically nor does it fit in with Cloud's character arc. Tifa is necessary for Cloud to reclaim his memories if nothing else.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
I think cloud's cross dressing should let you pick between famous FF heroine hairstyle and costumes. It would be a great nod to the series and a bit of fun in a sequence that is meant to be light hearted.