• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
the fuck is this mock up? author increased bust size, hips, legs (but of course not arms).

This zentai shit is tiring but it's better than this mock up. Also deleting the sport bra is simply the worst, it just makes too much sense to take it out.

It's people mad that they arent like the original. My bet is we get dlc of original Tifa though. While I do like both models.. she does seem to look much better overall in this new design.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Man, after watching the trailer few times she looks excellent.
She looks sexy but elegant at the same time, especially face.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the fuck is this mock up? author increased bust size, legs (but of course not arms).

This zentai shit is tiring but it's better than this mock up. Also deleting the sport bra is simply the worst, it just makes too much sense to take it out.
did they increase bust size? couldn't tell you in that resolution. looks more like an optic side effect of editing out the sports bra. this is more of a showcase on the original tifa ff7 costume, notice the red gloves. i guess wider hips make sense when you give her thicker legs? i do agree that the author should have buffed up her arms a bit too. she seems to be a bit too bottom heavy, which as we all know is aerith's forte

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Went over to reddit to see Tifa trending. Lots of fan art and people analyzing her body via screenshots from top to bottom.

So kind of like the original release

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Vincent won't even be in this episode so I expect you're right. I wonder if Yuffie and Vincent arent optional in this version
Oh FUCK i forgot about the Midgar Disc 1 only shit, but isn't the game going to be in two discs with Midgar being Disc 1 and the rest of the game being Disc 2?
Or is the main package still episode shit?

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Her design is fantastic and I love her combat movement -- MAIN PARTY CONFIRMED.

I never knew her eyes were red-ish (as per the bar scene). I always thought they were more of a brown/hazel as in Advent Children.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll post this here too. Tifa has some writing/runes on her gear.
miJvp1S.png

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah not gonna lie, would have preferred the right.
its the red of the gloves that i miss the most tbh. i think they contrast nicely in the pic on the right against the blue greenish atmosphere that they are going for. she kicks and she punches, so i think both her red boots and her gloves should stick out

Oct 25, 2017
I love the redesign, she looks great, but the legs are a bit unnerving, to be honest. Like if you kick her legs, she'll explode. All of the "thicker" fan redesigns seem to get that right, at least.

RaiOh

Nov 12, 2017
she looks alright, dunno about the thigh highs or whatever its called and maybe they should have done something about the stick legs. but i guess we can all agree that it could have easily turned out bad. they did good imo

1560234075115z9jwp.jpg
I think something like this would be perfect (I also added a little more muscles to her arms and shoulders):

1560259540-tifaff7r.jpg

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tasteful way to reveal her for this Remake. The design is still faithful to the original game, and even though she could be the most objectified of the main cast, they debuted her kicking ass.

You can tell this is a good design because people are upset about her chest, even though she's still got big boobs relative to the average of actual women.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think something like this would be perfect (I also added a little more muscles to her arms and shoulders):

1560259540-tifaff7r.jpg
i like it tho on stick legs i prefer the thigh highs when i see this now. for no thigh highs to work they need to be a bit thicker imo.

but i get it tho, they can't really give her wide hips now can they. squeenix probably does not want to upset the holy balance that exists between tifas bosom and aeriths bottom

Last edited:

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I think her redesign looks overall really good, but...
The thigh highs make no sense at all, and break her design. The sports bra looks weird (bigger than the top), but it's perfectly fine and fits her well.

Hope they give her bare legs again later on, or at least change that.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do you expect Square Enix to actually change thier Tifa character model based on fan mockups any more then you'd expect them to change Aeris' face based on those Japanese fan mockups?
eh i could see small tweaks to faces happening. capcom did it with chun li in infinite, but that was a whole different league of an off character looking model. I think the "outrage" about Aeriths face would need to be much bigger. in infinite EVERYONE was like "wtf is this"

eyoqvhxiz8kwxzvjviuf.jpg

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I think her redesign looks overall really good, but...
The thigh highs make no sense at all, and break her design. The sports bra looks weird (bigger than the top), but it's perfectly fine and fits her well.

Hope they give her bare legs again later on, or at least change that.

Yeah the sports bra is fine, not a fan but it doesn't change the overall design. I like thigh highs on designs but agree that they break her outfit in this case.

Its like taking Cloud and then giving him longer sleeves. It would look weird and like something you just wanna remove

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I think she looks just about perfect, and I really like the way they've animated her combat. Her weird half hearted low kicks on regular attacks always bothered me in original.

Vexingsruzz

Oct 29, 2017
They've done right by our favorite brawling bartender. Assuming that this game gives us 4 party members (Cloud, Barret, Aerith & Tifa), it's going to be hard to select which three to bring into battle. Looking forward to experiencing this story for the first time next year.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Tifa's original design had comically large boobs

The new design obviously had to do something about it, but at the same time it respects the original design by making the boobs reasonably large.

Seems like the best approach, yet it seems to upset both sides (incels screaming "not big enough!!! muh censorship!!!!! fucking SJWs!!!!!!", and some people here / on twitter / on tumblr complaining about how they are still too big).

This situation is just funny to me lol. Like come on guys, the original design had stupid big boobs, so changing them to reasonably large seems like the best way to go. I don't think it's that deep really. Think of it this way: if they reduced the size enough that incels are crying, then they did good.