Final Fantasy VII Remake - First look at Tifa

DiipuSurotu

Oct 25, 2017
France
Kingsglaive Luna looked so much better than the in-game version:

Here too:

I'm glad SE is finally starting to use different faces and bone structures for their female characters, most prominently seen with Aerith in this remake. In the PS3/PS4 era all their female characters had the same face. Hell, even FMV Lara Croft looked like the typical FF heroine.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Honestly, my biggest fear was them approaching her face and hair the same way she did in AC: she looks boring as fuck there in every aspect imo, but particularly those two (the face is too doll-like and not too stylized, whereas the hair is very flat, although I believe they did so in part due to the difficulty rendering it).

I think they've nailed her eyes (even the red colour!) and her heart-shaped head (it's weird, because the other character have that too due to the artstyle, but I've always related that to Tifa. I guess because it's a bit rounder in the concept art):

Then there's the hair, which is properly dolphin tail-shaped and has some volume to it (the only thing missing is that short spike on the lower right part of her face). It's got some sweet physics to it when she moves too (I couldn't find a better gif):

With regards to the body proportions, I think they're good. Would have liked some more definition, but I never expected it (I really like how, under the right light conditions, you can see some degree of abs definition).

When it comes to the outfit itself, my first reaction was that I didn't really like the black undershirt (I liked it that it extended her top, but the colour didn't do much to me). It didn't take long for me to turn around, though, I think it looks great and gives it a more striking look. Same for the leggings. The skirt being plated now is a great idea (similar to Aerith's dress being less tight and button-less) and they also, as expected, gave her shorts. This all gives her kind of like a sports-oriented look while also retaining the waitress theme she had.

Overall, another win in the character design/model department. It's insane to me how much they're nailing this after how much they fucked things over during the Compilation and other games (Dissidia, KH...), where even the artistic direction and style went to shit imo.

I'm baffled as to why people were so obsessed with this. From the first trailer everyone wanted to know how Tifa looked, no one was asking about Sepiroth or is asking about Nanaki/Red XIII. This leads me to believe people just wanted to see Tifa's chest size and that was it.

Yeah that just proves my point.
I’m sure some people did but, I would have even been fine with Advent Children Tifa. I still wanted to see what she was gonna look like more than anyone else. We all knew Sephiroth‘s design wasn’t gonna change much. I saw just as much speculation about Cloud before we saw him too. His and Tifa’s designs are always all over the place

Oct 28, 2017
I too loved the slap fight back in the day, found it a hilarious juxtaposition to all the chaos happening at the time (and an end to the build-up of running all the way to the end of the cannon).

That said, I can totally see it becoming a full-on major boss battle instead.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
10 Page thread talking about the design of a single character. Y'all are thirsty for the game...
...as I am.

Great updated design. I dig it. Maybe they could have made her a bit more muscular but that's a nitpick.

DiipuSurotu

Oct 25, 2017
France
I too loved the slap fight back in the day, found it a hilarious juxtaposition to all the chaos happening at the time (and an end to the build-up of running all the way to the end of the cannon).

That said, I can totally see it becoming a full-on major boss battle instead.
Maybe the difficulty of the fight will be to avoid falling off the canon and getting an instant Game Over (it would be better than invisible walls IMO).

Oct 27, 2017
I'm baffled as to why people were so obsessed with this. From the first trailer everyone wanted to know how Tifa looked, no one was asking about Sepiroth or is asking about Nanaki/Red XIII. This leads me to believe people just wanted to see Tifa's chest size and that was it.
I think horny dude gamers definitely played a part in that, but at the same time, they didn't show Tifa at all for a while. They showed off Cloud and Barret a ton, we got to see Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge, and they even released stuff about Aerith, but nothing about Tifa at all (even with the symphony trailer that showed Sephiroth). Plus, I get the sense that people don't like Red XIII quite as much as they do Tifa, whether it's because boobs or lady or more characterization, haha

Ozymandias

Jun 9, 2018
I was looking at the image of Cloud and Tifa side by side and was wondering about the height of the characters. Cloud is supposed to be 5'7 and the girls around 5'5 but then Barret should be 6'4 and he doesn't exactly seem that much taller than Cloud. Neither does Sephiroth. I get it nobody likes short people in their media but its kinda part of Cloud's personality to have been a short kid and unable to save Tifa when they were young and eventually looking up to the almighty strong tall Sephiroth and wanting to join SOLDIER.

DiipuSurotu

Oct 25, 2017
France
I was looking at the image of Cloud and Tifa side by side and was wondering about the height of the characters. Cloud is supposed to be 5'7 and the girls around 5'5 but then Barret should be 6'4 and he doesn't exactly seem that much taller than Cloud. Neither does Sephiroth. I get it nobody likes short people in their media but its kinda part of Cloud's personality to have been a short kid and unable to save Tifa when they were young and eventually looking up to the almighty strong tall Sephiroth and wanting to join SOLDIER.
They probably changed the heights for aesthetical and gameplay purposes

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
As someone who likes Tifa both for her Sex Appeal and Character; I feel its theoretically fine to be disappointed in... well just about any design really. What I think is really fucked is the sense of entitlement some guys have, that her tits HAVE to be giant or else SE is caving to "SJWs" and "Censorship".

You don't 'own' Tifa; Tifa isn't yours. Your view on her isn't the one that exusively matters. If you want Tifa with breasts larger than her head there are plenty of hentau artists willing to meet that need.