• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I need memes using this pic

Here's the first...

D8wEX32VsAA2MeY.jpg:large

"If I tell her I was SOLDIER 1st Class, maybe I could hit that tonight!"

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
Since this is UE4 and also coming to PC at some point, I imagine people can mod some more toned muscles onto her normalmap or something.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Meme this. Looks like Cloud is some open carry proponent with this huge ass sword on his back while he's sitting.

B7wFx81.jpg

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Meme this. Looks like Cloud is some open carry proponent with this huge ass sword on his back while he's sitting.

B7wFx81.jpg
looks like he is compensating for something with a sword that big.

i could cleave you in half with my "sword", babey
my sword is too big for your sheath (i guess this works better in german)

if that chair was just a little bit lower, he would not be able to sit straight like that. some real careful measuring they did.

when he wants to stand up he can't lean back even a bit or he will pierce the floor

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty depressing, but my expectations were so low that I'm over the moon that they gave the poor girl a decent sports bra, shorts (or a skort, can't tell), and some semblance of abs.

That being said, I still wish she had a bit more muscle considering her background as a martial artist - her legs in particular don't look quite like they're in proportion, and it's a bit unnerving.

I would have loved if we'd gotten something similar to this:

I would love it if Square made her more buff.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since this is UE4 and also coming to PC at some point, I imagine people can mod some more toned muscles onto her normalmap or something.

You know darn well that's not going to be what gets modded....

B7wFx81.jpg

It'll take several years of foreshadowing, but I would love it if at some point during the final part....

they revisit this shot, except now Cloud has moved to the middle stool to sit right next to her

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why do so many people have a thing against smaller breasts? Tifa looks fantastic with the reduction.
well tifa has always been depicted as a bit bustier (not talking about the comical fmv model here). so portraying her with a big but not comically large chest is alright imo. its as in character as it can get

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I still prefer her Advent Children design but this looks fine for the most part. The faces as a whole are bothering me. It's like a mix of Kingdom Hearts and something else.

Oct 25, 2017
well tifa has always been depicted as a bit bustier (not talking about the comical fmv model here). so portraying her with a big but not comically large chest is alright imo. its as in character as it can get
Yeah her CG model was busted...pun...probably intended. Her being more fit looking makes sense, I wouldn't mind her slightly more buff, but nothing in the way that makes her look like she's on PED's though. I fell in love with her all over again the moment I saw her.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
not sure if posted but someone translated some Japanese comments on 2chan about Tifa

1560249225393.jpg

Not looking hot for them :(

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
god, the amount of fans that are legitimately angry her boobs aren't oversized is astounding.
or that putting a sports bra on her is somehow a radical change.

especially with the claims that anyone talking about her being sexualized are somehow body-shaming... a fictional character.... that can't grow her own boobs......

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
not sure if posted but someone translated some Japanese comments on 2chan about Tifa

1560249225393.jpg

Not looking hot for them :(

Isnt' 2 chan the japanese 4chan? I expect being full of alt-right idiots too.

Seriously, we all expected this, if you look into a trash can you will only find, well, trash.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Man, I've seen nothing but positive impressions on Tifa's design. Overwhelmingly so. It's like you have to go out of the way to see these garbage takes.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
All the updated designs for all the characters are great so far. I think I'm most excited for Red XIII and Cait Sith because they are most at risk for being out-of-place with the human characters.

Whittaker

Jun 21, 2018
I wish they'd increased muscle tone about a quarter turn on the dial but I'm 90% satisfied. Which is more than I was counting on from contemporary SE. Big wins with the sports bra and skort.

Basically I'm at "just don't faceplant on writing her and don't be an asshole with the camera angles and we fine."

I love that Square Enix's marketing department knows full well that Tifa is Best Girl and designed this entire phase of the marketing campaign around her reveal.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Tifa looks nice. Cloud still looks like a wimp with them negative triceps. Buster sword must weight 3 pounds.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
this thread is weird.

on the one hand we got people laughing at 2chan/4chan tears about Tifa getting nerfed and not being sexy enough.

on the other hand you got some unsubtle thirst and entitled possessive creepiness about how everyone would tweak the looks of a fictional waifu to conform to their fetish about bust size, toned, bare skin and THICCness.

Have fun and like or do not like the new designs as you see fit. But this, this here? it ain't great.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
this thread is weird.

on the one hand we got people laughing at 2chan/4chan tears about Tifa getting nerfed and not being sexy enough.

on the other hand you got some unsubtle thirst and entitled possessive creepiness about how everyone would tweak the looks of a fictional waifu to conform to their fetish about bust size, toned, bare skin and THICCness.

Have fun and like or do not like the new designs as you see fit. But this, this here? it ain't great.

Amen brother/sister It gets really weird in here with a few posters.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for Yuffie in 2025 :(

Just be prepared for some particularly creepy takes about how she doesn't look "loli" enough.

It's like I said, characters like Cid, Vincent and the Turks are going to come and go without much blowback at all. This is primarily aimed at the ladies.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Just be prepared for some particularly creepy takes about how she doesn't look "loli" enough.

It's like I said, characters like Cid, Vincent and the Turks are going to come and go without much blowback at all. This is primarily aimed at the ladies.
Did you miss the threads complaining about Barret's voice sounding too stereotypically black or the other thread about him not looking black enough?

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this thread is weird.

I feel, at least in my case, that if people want to see more muscle toned Tifa is because SE games and specifically Nomura designed ones are filled with this skinny model female body type and would like to see some more distinct and different female body type, just like we have on men.

Cassandra for AC was so well received because she wasn't accommodated to the ideal model female type and was presented as a hardened warriorzwhich made sense for the character.

Tifa is a martial artist warrior, a very strong one, yet she has the body of a model. She is supposedly trained for years, it would made sense to have more muscle definition.

But yeah, but all means put us in the same camp of "I want watermelons titties with bouncing" group.