• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain

L9VCgLu.png

XIWk6Ul.png

Release date is set to 31/12/20. Or if you use the wrong date format, 12/31/20.
EDIT: A mod please include "Remake" on the title, I forgot

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
That pic looks so bad. I mean I get it's a placeholder plucked from Deviantart or some shit but man that is bad. Anyways, Media Markt are pretty big. Second largest consumer electronics retailer in the world behind Best Buy IIRC. Between this and the accidental Xbox Facebook post, it begs the question as to when Square-Enix plan to announce the Xbox One version. Before or after the PS4 version launches?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Another day. Another badly photoshopped visual. Another error from a third-party.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This is the most obvious temporary exclusive in the history of temporary exclusives.

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Could mean that it will come to xbox, could also mean first on PS4 then re-released on PS5.
Lmao no one uses "first on ___" to represent that it will come to the sucessor. By that logic TLOU's promo material should have been "First on PS3". FVII is a temporary exclusivity. Whether that means it will get released later on PC only or on PC and Xbox One remains to be seen.

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
This is the most obvious temporary exclusive in the history of temporary exclusives.

I mean, yeah, it was announced as a timed exclusive.

The photoshop is quite funny. It's also funny that they put "Coming to XBox" in english on a spanish website and on the right side there's a banner with all spanish text.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The pic is a weird Photoshop, but about the leak i think the game will release on more consoles. End of next year there's the ps5/xbtwo release so it wouldn't be surprising a port for both consoles, i dunno about xone with a New console already released

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Any time we've seen FFVII Remake listed for XB1 it's been a mistake or faked. It's been labelled as "first on PS4" since it was announced and this is still absolutely no indication that it's coming to any non-PlayStation platform in the near or far future.

Lmao no one uses "first on ___" to represent that it will come to the sucessor. By that logic TLOU's promo material should have been "First on PS3". FVII is a temporary exclusivity. Whether that means it will get released later on PC only or on PC and Xbox One remains to be seen.
Nobody doesn't something, until they do.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Thread title should be that Media Markt is stealing other people's work without crediting them.
Thread title should be that, plus Media Markt is falsely advertising something for a platform that it hasn't been announced for, that will be debunked in 3…2…

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
iirc at the time there was speculation that it would come to PC and not on Xbox. That speculation got later reinforced when things like Type-0 didn't sell well on Xbox. Of course since then Square seems to have change their minds with all the recent final fantasy remasters ported to it

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I think Final Fantasy VII Remake might be a timed exclusive. The reason I believe this is that when it was first announced at Sony's E3 conference in 2015, the wording "Coming first to PS4" was used at the end of its trailer. If one carefully assesses the marketing language used here, one will find that it hints in a subtle way that the game is coming to the PS4 first, but may also be released on other platforms at some unknown point in the future also. The messaging is cryptic, but if you dig a little then the true meaning is definitely there. This is why I believe very much so that the game will find its way to the Xbox One eventually.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Just because something was announced as something doesn't mean that it's the case a few years later. *cough* epic store exclusives *cough*

Though in this case there's no way SE will miss out on the easy cash grab by porting this to the Xbox One especially since FF is a multi-plattform title nowadays. Only case they would do this if Sony paid them a huge sum.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
that pic is fake af but this game won't stay exclusive. there's probably going to be a next gen version and that'll be ps5/xb2/pc.

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
Fake.

But it's still obvious the game will come to Xbox and PC. PC is a sure bet, Xbox I'm not sure.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
iirc at the time there was speculation that it would come to PC and not on Xbox. That speculation got later reinforced when things like Type-0 didn't sell well on Xbox. Of course since then Square seems to have change their minds with all the recent final fantasy remasters ported to it
I don't know why people keep talking about Type-O. I have no idea what that game even is but I bought 13 on Xbox and it sounds like 15 and KH3 have both sold well enough to meet SE's expectations on the Xbox One.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix needs to cancel FF7R for the Xbox One and apologize or else I'm never buying a PS4 again.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Its not coming to Xbox anywhere close to the release of the Ps4 version. If there was a Xbox version it would have been announced at E3.

It will likely come to Xbox at some point but not now

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is sarcasm right?
it's a reference to this:
Square just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.
Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.