• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Red XIII looks amazing. They did the best character justice.

They are really putting the focus on Aerith for the Remake which is great. It's obvious they want to develop the connection and romance between her and Cloud. The promotional material heavily features both together too. They want to make it hurt that much worse when the big thing happens.

Heart swelled with joy when I saw Red😊

I think Cloud looks great thankfully. Was always up in the air with him how that would turn out.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever you want to hope for

0 chance you see either vehicle after the chase imo

And credits will roll as they look at the world from the bridge. I'll bet you on that one

But Kalm would be logical place to end it. Ending on the bridge would be anticlimactic and leave plot threads dangling.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Red XIII looks amazing. They did the best character justice.

They are really putting the focus on Aerith for the Remake which is great. It's obvious they want to develop the connection and romance between her and Cloud. The promotional material heavily features both together too. They want to make it hurt that much worse when the big thing happens.
I've seen some people mock her short monologue at the end of the last trailer, but I really liked it. It didn't sound overwrought or overacted to me.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Can't say I love Reno (or the darker Turk uniforms), but the rest of the characters look about perfect imo, so I can't complain.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The weird curve and angles of these pictures make their heads seem too large. I know that isn't the case since official screens look a lot better proportioned.
It's probably the angle the photos were taken at, since these are from the sky tree exhibit rather than officially released materials online. Speaking of, they should officially release Tseng's render online, he's so pretty.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
That's part 1's version of the main theme and it's beautiful. I'm sure part 2 will have the overworld version of the main theme with the more ominous/heavy sections of the original arrangement.

No it is not. It is way too soft. You have so many other variants of the main theme in Midgar alone. Heck they use 'Dear To The Heart' for that, not this awful sweet version of the main theme.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
But Kalm would be logical place to end it. Ending on the bridge would be anticlimactic and leave plot threads dangling.
There are going to be plot threads left hanging no matter where they stop things.

Plus, you know, they can change things a bit to make for a better ending for part 1 and not make the exact same ending for Midgar as the OG game.

Samawati

Sep 15, 2019

tumblr_inline_nu8ktuJC781sk5aaq_540.jpg

the fuck is Elena? :(

(was she even in the Midgar section of the original? It's been so long...)
Nah. She only shows up because you beat Reno's ass.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
That version of the main theme that everyone is freaking out about is probably from the final cutscene of the game if it ends with them leaving Midgar or from the credits after the vocal song ends like how every KH game plays an instrumental song after the vocal song ends.

DrewM1788

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
No it is not. It is way too soft. You have so many other variants of the main theme in Midgar alone. Heck they use 'Dear To The Heart' for that, not this awful sweet version of the main theme.

Yuh huh!

Listen, like you just said there are various implementations of the main theme throughout Final Fantasy VII. The main theme you are stuck on is the overworld theme, which obviously we aren't even going to get to in this game. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few other versions of the main theme, Tifa's theme and more in the first part of this saga. We've already heard a few versions of Let the Battles Begin! and Those Who Fight Further. It would make sense with how greatly they are expanding Midgar that we will get multiple versions of character themes as well. On it's own, that arrangement of the main theme posted above is beautiful and I look forward to many other arrangements of it throughout the VII Remake saga, especially the overworld version in Part 2.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Found these on https://thelifestream.net/forums/

Seems like they are from the Skytree event in Tokyo

UcxuD85.jpg

Stamp, the Shinra Dog mascot something-or-other

xlRT23N.jpg

Stamp advertising some mineral water (from Icicle Inn?)

HxSy8Fj.jpg

Shinra Construction Poster

hW2wUcl.jpg

Shinra Propaganda poster

yB85edY.jpg

Loveless poster

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They emphasized they are going to have a dual heroine dynamic so they'll both get plenty of new scenes. At least up until a certain point

Nomura already said they focusing on dual heroine stuff. So I think they gonna try and do something for everyone

Yup. This game's theme song is clearly about Cloud and Tifa, but the second game's theme song will probably be about Cloud and Aerith.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I just today finished final fantasy 7 for the first time and boy I didn't realize the places it would go (my only prior spoiler was the obvious one) im super curious how they are gonna translate some of the later stuff in the game.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Loveless was a My Bloody Valentine reference in the original. The woman on the poster was Belinda Butcher.

Truly Genesis is the worst person to ruin a cool thing like that.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just today finished final fantasy 7 for the first time and boy I didn't realize the places it would go (my only prior spoiler was the obvious one) im super curious how they are gonna translate some of the later stuff in the game.
Greatest game ever!

These ladies responded to 'that twist' so nicely. Such an amazing moment

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, really not feeling the Turks theme.

The main theme as well, although we've yet to hear the entire version.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Man, the tracks are well done and I know they'll fit in nicely when playing the game but I really miss some of the synth and especially the finger snaps for the Turks. It's like my ears are enjoying what I hear (like the scorpion battle theme) then all of a sudden I get this jarring feeling when the song escalates and goes insane. When I double dip on the PC version, I hope some wizard can transplant and mix, or whatever, the original music for the remake. That said, I'd totally add this to my vinyl collection if it didn't cost 77.77 bucks.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I am a bit concerned that 'Those Chosen by the Planet' might get watered down like the Turks theme.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I love most about the "big spoiler", how much it distracts from the other things the game has going on. People rarely spoil the whole part that my avatar is from.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... I don't think the Turk's Theme is bad but... It definitely lost the sleazy, shady sound of the original.

It blows my mind that only the original version kept the finger snapping sound. Why the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.