• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
source.gif

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
I just tested PSN downloading Destiny 2 and was still getting normal speeds (US PSN, ymmv). i don't know if they're going to dynamically throttle or not, but if you begin preloading two days early, I have a hard time believing it's not going to get to you in time.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I'd be pissed if they decided to ship all physical pre orders early lol. I cancelled mine due to the Coronavirus when they said it might be delayed, and went for digital instead.

Tek233

Oct 25, 2017
I'm struggling with, do I preorder on PSN even though I have the deluxe edition coming from Amazon? I definitely want to play day 1, but normally with Amazon shipments I will not know until the day before release when it ships out. Sure would hate to download 100gb the night before release.

I don't want to buy the game twice and I rather have the physical media versus digital....meh

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
Just had my UK pre order cancelled as stores are shut, really sont want to go digital but not sure how to get a physical copy day one, any ideas for most likely delivery?

Apr 19, 2018
I'm struggling with, do I preorder on PSN even though I have the deluxe edition coming from Amazon? I definitely want to play day 1, but normally with Amazon shipments I will not know until the day before release when it ships out. Sure would hate to download 100gb the night before release.

I don't want to buy the game twice and I rather have the physical media versus digital....meh

I'm in the same boat. I think at this point, my desire to own the Deluxe physical edition outweighs my desire to need to play the game Day 1. I'm not really keen to have to download 100GB either, plus whatever else a possible Day 1 patch might entail.

Resident Evil 3, on the other hand, is a different story. May just crack and go digital if need be, heh.

Last edited:

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Getting the game early seems nice but there is bound to be a beefy day one patch that may fix some issues for early gamers.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
so are we sure amazon deluxe preorders won't be making it on time for release date?

I never got the email from them about it but its not an essential.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully I'll have RE 3 to distract myself from the inevitable leaks next week.

Edit: Actually RE 3 only releases on friday. Oh.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-Ordering Question: So im going to pre-order the game digitally so I dont have to wait for it to ship. But I really want the Carbuncle Summoning Materia. How do I for sure get it? Is it only available in the Deluxe Edition? Or is it included with the standard edition too?

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-Ordering Question: So im going to pre-order the game digitally so I dont have to wait for it to ship. But I really want the Carbuncle Summoning Materia. How do I for sure get it? Is it only available in the Deluxe Edition? Or is it included with the standard edition too?
The standard edition just has the Chocobo.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've been playing the ad for the game on Comedy Central today. And at the end of the ad, the VO says "Play first on Playstation"

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Carbuncle is Deluxe only (so is Pampa.)

In France, Amazon says april 14th for estimated delivery date (I have Prime.)

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
Im worried about the trolls and negativity in the next 2 weeks more than the spoilers, am afraid am going to avoid anything ff7 related outside their twitter account. 😞

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
that's good

i ordered it some time ago without prime but i wonder if i can get prime now and switch the shipping speed so i get it on the 10th

Yeah more than likely I'll be buying it digitally the night before so I can start early and as a back up but I know some people had their date changed using amazon prime I believe to a further date.. wonder if its been changed back to the 10th or not.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah more than likely I'll be buying it digitally the night before so I can start early and as a back up but I know some people had their date changed using amazon prime I believe to a further date.. wonder if its been changed back to the 10th or not.

I have the Deluxe ordered through Prime (pre-ordered way back last summer). Last week the April 10 date was changed to TBD & I received an Amazon email regarding it. A day later it was changed back to April 10 and another email. It remains a Arriving 4/10 status today.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Im worried about the trolls and negativity in the next 2 weeks more than the spoilers, am afraid am going to avoid anything ff7 related outside their twitter account. 😞

I've been so tempted to call out "pre-hate" threads, because there are obviously going to be.

There should just be one thread where everyone can toss all their negative shit in, but that won't happen.

Not that there won't be valid complaints, but you know what I'm saying is true.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Just that standard New Estimated Delivery Date is: April 10, 2020 notification.
Keeping my fingers crossed, but steeling my heart for it to take longer to get to me.
you and me both. I'm sure we'll know come the week of what the movement is like and if its not what we think theirs always the digital route which I'm already anticipating.

I still wish we could have gotten an official strategy guide for this. I know piggyback guides did the last few FF titles plus some newer guides coming out for other games. This game is just as big as any.

Last edited:

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
So, just to clarify, this post JUST does spoilers for the ORIGINAL FFVII, not the REMAKE, right? I already blocked different words on Twitter to avoid spoilers, especially considering I wouldn´t be playing it until the end of April...

Status
Not open for further replies.