• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Feels good or no? (Pacing-wise)

I'll say it's good so far, as long as the expectations are in check that this is not going to be anywhere near the pacing of the original. They've really taken the chance to flesh out locations and characters. Where in the original game you might be out of the Sector 7 slums in 10 minutes, here there's a feeling of "yep, you're gonna be here for a while". It's such a different game, completely different actually.

Nya

Oct 25, 2017
Shopto says my FFVII is on back order now. What does that mean?
Final Fantasy VII Remake + Chocobo ..DLC + Cloud & ordered on 17/02/2020 will be processed when it's available
As mentioned in another thread, got the same thing here. I've been charged so i'll be annoyed if it really is back ordered considering on their actual site it still says "Pre Order".

I also have a preorder with Shopto and the status also changed to 'back order'. I received an email this morning:

shopto said:
Thank you for you pre-order purchase of Final Fantasy VII Remake. Today we are beginning the pre-order processing for Final Fantasy VII Remake

We will be shipping your Final Fantasy pre-order as soon as possible in order for you receive in time for release.

Seeing how I received Persona 5 Royal from them 5 days ahead of release, it wouldn't surprise me if FFVIIR also arrives early - more so seeing how Square Enix seem to have directed distribution to proceed ahead of time in certain territories.

Side-note from ST regarding their preorder bonus: "All Pre order (sic) from 01/04 12:16 will have NO Acrylic stand (Acrylic Sold Out)"

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I also have a preorder with Shopto and the status also changed to 'back order'. I received an email this morning:
They sent me an email just a while ago saying it is in the warehouse, so I guess things are OK.

Although for some reason they added LONDON to my shipping address. I checked my address before when it was in pre-order and in back order (and checked again now it is in orders) and it doesn't include London lol.

I used to live there so maybe this is why.

Galway City, LONDON [POSTCODE] Ireland

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
anyone know if a mom and pop store is selling it already in NYC?

There's one place I know of that sells games early, but I don't know if they have it yet or if they're open. J&L. If you call them they might tell you no to hide that they do indeed have early copies. They did that with Shenmue. You'll just have to walk in.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Also got an email from Shopto that they're starting to process pre-orders today. I wonder when they're actually planning to ship it.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
How? I already got FF7R video suggestions on youtube, and FF7R streams suggestions on twitch today.

Do I just, not go on the internet for 10 days when i'm quarantined home? Yeah okay, easy.

Not sure about mobile devices but on desktop this really helps alot. Literally blocks the words and images of anything related to what you want blocked.

chrome.google.com

Spoiler Protection 2.0

Spoiler Protection 2.0 - NO MORE SPOILERS :)

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
SimplyGames in the UK have started shipping them, but my order from the Square Enix store has yet to be despatched. Come on Square, what's the hold up?

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
RVrMisp.png

Showed up "in stock" on fnac's online shop so I quickly ordered there, says they'll dispatch it today. Fingers crossed. 🤞

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Square needs to release this game digitally already. I wonder how many people have cancelled their online pre-orders because of uncertainty or delayes and may now go out and about, breaking the stay at home orders, to try and score a physical copy to not miss out.

Just launch it. People will flock to it.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Can anybody who already have the game tell me how many save slots the game have?
Also does the game use proper save menu, or PS4 system base one?

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The guy who owns the shop I ordered from just contacted me. Says he's gonna be in the area and just gonna deliver it to me himself.
Now that's what I call service.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Can anybody who already have the game tell me how many save slots the game have?
Also does the game use proper save menu, or PS4 system base one?
It uses its own save menu. Can't say how many save slots there are, unfortunately. It adds one new save every time you make a new manual save (e.g. I have my current save in slot one but I can make a new manual save in slot two, which will then give me the option to use a third save slot)

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
It uses its own save menu. Can't say how many save slots there are, unfortunately. It adds one new save every time you make a new manual save (e.g. I have my current save in slot one but I can make a new manual save in slot two, which will then give me the option to use a third save slot)
Thank you. So there is auto save slot and manual save slot, and it doesn't show how many slots there are total like KH?
Can you save anywhere with manual save?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you. So there is auto save slot and manual save slot, and it doesn't show how many slots there are total like KH?
Can you save anywhere with manual save?
Correct to the first two questions. You can save anywhere that lets you access the main menu. I can't recall if there have been any restrictions yet though.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Got the delay email from Amazon. Meanwhile people in Australia can play right now. Seems fair....

I don't know if anyone from Square reads this but if you do the only way to make this situation right and save people from spoilers is release the game world wide digitally tomorrow. You'll get plenty of double dip sales like mine if you do.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Got the delay email from Amazon. Meanwhile people in Australia can play right now. Seems fair....

I don't know if anyone from Square reads this but if you do the only way to make this situation right and save people from spoilers is release the game world wide digitally tomorrow. You'll get plenty of double dip sales like mine if you do.

... you've posted this like three times now.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
I have around 6-7 manual saves so far. And you can save pretty much anywhere outside of combat.

Finished two chapters and currently just chilling out to the Main Theme of FFVII.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
What a game so far

It is its own beast. I am so impressed so far.

Side quest quality is brilliant so far. Good lore etc added in with them.

The game is its own thing...the original FF7 and this will be hard to compare

Oct 30, 2017

... you've posted this like three times now.
I thought I was going crazy lol

Lamo, I thought I was going crazy too. I had read their post 3 times before in other areas.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like you can save pretty often. I've 6 states + 1 auto save. Everytime I save it wants me to make a new slot lol
You don't have to save in a new slot every time.

I have around 6-7 manual saves so far. And you can save pretty much anywhere outside of combat.

Finished two chapters and currently just chilling out to the Main Theme of FFVII.
you really should keep your spoiler filled YouTube channel out of this thread

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a game so far

It is its own beast. I am so impressed so far.

Side quest quality is brilliant so far. Good lore etc added in with them.

The game is its own thing...the original FF7 and this will be hard to compare

I think this is the right way. If they are making the original game a multipart series then they also needed to make each entry feels its own thing.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
you really should keep your spoiler filled YouTube channel out of this thread
I think there are complete playthrough vids on youtube already, and twitch has a like a dozen streams going. The press had already played up to 3 (?) chapters and shared videos.

But anyway, I won't be sharing any spoiler stuff here. So all good.
Edit - Made vids private just to be safe for everyone.

It feels lengthy? Overall? (no spoilers obviously)
Only finished 2 chapters, and the 2nd chapter went by fairly quickly. Game hasn't opened up yet, so let's see.

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020
Spoiler thread seems quite negative but not sure if that's people watching streams or actually playing the game. This place usually is a bit more negative I suppose.

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Played the first two hours and didn't want to stop. Very cinematic, well-paced, atmosphere's top-notch, graphics are fantastic (apart from filler NPCs who are a sharp step down from everything else) and I'm enjoying the combat. Sometimes it's easy to lose track of what's going on due to the deluge of effects on-screen during combat, but it hasn't been a big problem so far.

Never played the original though.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I'm trying to avoid the spoiler thread but what are the complaints about? I'd obviously take someone's hands-on verdict first, but I wouldn't entirely dismiss criticism if a person sees something they don't like in a stream.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did all the streams just get nuked or something? Seems gone from Twitch, I can only find like 4 people streaming and it's the demo now? Twitch's site is so fucking confusing in the first place

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
got the deluxe edition today but i am holding off, since there is no day 1 patch yet. once that is out (there will be one, right?), i will dive into it.
btw: the quality the opening cg is so much better than in the demo. proper hdr (i think) and much higher resolution/bitrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.