• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
It could be something simpler like they couldn't get the facilities to print the discs.

March has a heap of games coming out so they might not get the enough printed for a world wide launch. They have 2 discs to print so it's going to take longer.

Wait a few weeks when things free up.

I suppose that's possible, though I would've thought S-E would be priority one. You do make a fair point about the two discs, though.

That actually reminds me of something I was thinking about - I heard a while ago that the 66-100GB discs that are used for UHD movie releases are essentially just Blu-rays, and that the reason why the Blu-ray drives in the PS4 and Pro can't use them is because they can't read them at the specs required for their higher bandwidth. But that made me think how nice it would be if they were used anyway, with the PS4 simply reading them at normal Blu-ray speeds. It would get rid of 2-disc releases and some of the huge required downloads. Maybe that's not possible and I heard wrong, but it would be cool.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
A month in Q&A is alot, i've heard multiple devs claim their game was broken a month before launch.
I watched the God of War 4 documentary and they had, like, dragons sinking into the ground on the day that the game was supposed to go gold. Or maybe not on the day but maybe just days/a week before. Around the same time in the documentary, I think they showed a clip where Barlog commented on something like "at this point we should have zero (known) critical bugs in the game. We still have 2000" or something to that degree.

So... yeah, these games can come together & not be totally broken reeeeeally late into their production. I imagine FFVII Remake is basically done as far as content goes and could've been released in March without chunks missing or having enemies with unfinished textures or something, but if they had released it in March we'd maybe have had those enemies sinking through floors & such issues that would've affected some people's experience.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose that's possible, though I would've thought S-E would be priority one. You do make a fair point about the two discs, though.

That actually reminds me of something I was thinking about - I heard a while ago that the 66-100GB discs that are used for UHD movie releases are essentially just Blu-rays, and that the reason why the Blu-ray drives in the PS4 and Pro can't use them is because they can't read them at the specs required for their higher bandwidth. But that made me think how nice it would be if they were used anyway, with the PS4 simply reading them at normal Blu-ray speeds. It would get rid of 2-disc releases and some of the huge required downloads. Maybe that's not possible and I heard wrong, but it would be cool.

I think it is more to do who books the machines first. It would be a bit unfair it you thought ahead and booked the machines and SE comes steamrolling in and taking up the machines causing you to delay your game.

It's like RRD2 and the narrative was other publishers were afraid of the game and delayed their games because its a big title. It could be because 2K booked up all the machines with their two disc game and other games couldn't be printed.

If it was a 6 month delay then there would be something wrong. 5 weeks is minor.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
12d642e3fca2d3a462291dc75544fdc7.gif

Oct 25, 2017
DO NOT WATCH THAT TRAILER.

Holy fuck thry threw everything and the kitchen sink in there. I regret it.

It also reinforces my stance. Red 13 won't be playable.

Last edited:

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yo that trailer was crazy. I kinda wish I hadn't seen it, fuck.
Wish this game was still coming in March

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I hope they release some new official art alongside that incredible trailer. I need more Tifa and Aerith.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Damn, that trailer kind of spoils a lot lol
Well, just a few scenes I guess if you've never played the original game before.

Is it just me or is the dialogue still a little stilted?

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Damn, that trailer kind of spoils a lot lol
Well, just a few scenes I guess if you've never played the original game before.

Is it just me or is the dialogue still a little stilted?

Maximilian has said before that the editing of the trailers can make the dialogue feel a bit more weird than how it sounds when you're actually seeing it in the scenes it was made for. People who've watched the demo footage have said similar things.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Maximilian has said before that the editing of the trailers can make the dialogue feel a bit more weird than how it sounds when you're actually seeing it in the scenes it was made for. People who've watched the demo footage have said similar things.
That's kind of what i'm hoping. The dialogue from the Scorpion mech fight between Cloud and Barret was really well done.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a clean version of the theme song? I need to listem to it everyday.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Weird there's no press release for these videos yet. I wonder if, maybe, the theme song trailer was supposed to debut at Taipai Game Show but since the event was cancelled they decided to push it out early.

It would explain the weird rush for Kingdom Hearts Dark Road to be named despite SEJP stating the day before that the name would be revealed at 5pm JST, when instead of when it was actually revealed at 1pm JST.

Otherwise it seems odd to me for a company to have scheduled a mobile game announcement at 5pm and a PS4 game trailer at 7pm and then deciding the day of "oh let's move one earlier because they're too close to each other." Like, that kind of scheduling issue should have been ironed out already.

Last edited:

Shadow_FFVI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I regret watching that. They showed way too much!
I really do wonder how much they're adding, for this to be acceptable. Almost every major story beat from the Midgar section is in the trailer.
Which I had come here before deciding whether to watch it or not.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I regret watching that. They showed way too much!
I really do wonder how much they're adding, for this to be acceptable. Almost every major story beat from the Midgar section is in the trailer.
Which I had come here before deciding whether to watch it or not.

I avoided it at first but decided I needed to see it. It was worth it. Deep down I hope this is just some marketing ploy of "Did we just say Midgar? Hold my beer".

The demo I really really need though.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so summons so far confirmed:

Ifrit, Shiva, Choco & Mog and Leaviathan.

I really did not expect Leviathan to make it in.

Shadow_FFVI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I avoided it at first but decided I needed to see it. It was worth it. Deep down I hope this is just some marketing ploy of "Did we just say Midgar? Hold my beer".

The demo I really really need though.
I've been saying/wishing that for quite a while now. But with the datamine, it would had been quite the undertaking just to fool us.
It would be a historic and momumental feat of marketing though. Surpassing even Kojima by a mile.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I love how you can see not only the individual materia slots but also which slots are linked. That's such great attention to detail.

unbenannth1kuo.png

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
How do they keep hitting it out of the park with these trailers.

Also they finally showed my boy Red XIII and he looks fantastic.

Now show me that he's playable.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
PR finally went out

For those unable to attend, the full FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Original Soundtrack will also be available from early Summer 2020.
For a "world tour," there's not much of the world they're going to so I'm glad there'll be a soundtrack release.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see the soundtrack shouldn't be too long after release.

Also since we see some form of JENOVA in that trailer I'm hoping that means her theme is in. That's probably my favourite track in the original game.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
the 66-100GB discs are triple and quad layer blu-rays (more expensive than dual layer discs). the disc drive has to be able to focus the laser on those specific extra layers in order to read them, it's not really a bandwith problem but a mechanical limitation.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
did they drop english VA cast info for Hojo, Red, Scarlet, Palmer and the others yet? very curious who they got for Red and Scarlet

Status
Not open for further replies.