• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
From r/PS4
xayu8jqawhf41.jpg
This is such a great shot. It looks beautiful on the desktop.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... I don't think the Turk's Theme is bad but... It definitely lost the sleazy, shady sound of the original.

It blows my mind that only the original version kept the finger snapping sound. Why the hell?
The music seems to have sacrificed "character" for "epic orchestral" sound. We still haven't heard ALL of the music, but I sure as hope there are some songs that stay true to the original's intent. "Character" is important, in artistic creation, be it drawing, writing, or music. To lose that character would be a shame.

With "Hurry!" Not using a more techno sound I'm a bit worried about how stuff like this will sound

Just, how do you orchestrate this? It'd take the whole vibe away

Also curious how this'll be handled
That's a big thing about FFVII's "sound". Lots of industrial sounding stuff, which fits given the setting, given the locations. Songs that play that sound like electronic beeps and people banging on pipes with other pipes WORKS given there's machines and industrial areas all over the place. It fits the game like a glove.

Those two pieces, I'd think would be handled better if arranged for a smaller group of session musicians. "Underneath the Rotting Pizza" could be done with a percussionist, an electric bassist, acoustic guitarist, and a small string section. "Oppressed People" could be done with a small band (percussionist, electric bassist, keyboardist), a small woodwind section (mainly flute, and clarinet) and a small string section. And I'm thinking, a small session group might help with the more intimate sound.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I always interpreted the original OST as a mix of orchestral and jazz and rock

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The music seems to have sacrificed "character" for "epic orchestral" sound. We still haven't heard ALL of the music, but I sure as hope there are some songs that stay true to the original's intent. "Character" is important, in artistic creation, be it drawing, writing, or music. To lose that character would be a shame.

That's a big thing about FFVII's "sound". Lots of industrial sounding stuff, which fits given the setting, given the locations. Songs that play that sound like electronic beeps and people banging on pipes with other pipes WORKS given there's machines and industrial areas all over the place. It fits the game like a glove.

Those two pieces, I'd think would be handled better if arranged for a smaller group of session musicians. "Underneath the Rotting Pizza" could be done with a percussionist, an electric bassist, acoustic guitarist, and a small string section. "Oppressed People" could be done with a small band (percussionist, electric bassist, keyboardist), a small woodwind section (mainly flute, and clarinet) and a small string section. And I'm thinking, a small session group might help with the more intimate sound.
Yeah I just reaallllly hope they don't go full orchestration on those

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Still think it would be neat if you could change the OST in game. I'd probably even buy it if it was dlc.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Even setting this incredible keyart as my desktop wallpaper feels nostalgic. When I got the PC version of FF7 back in 1998, I used all the keyarts they had on the disc as wallpapers, too. The one of Cid smoking on the Tiny Bronco, Aerith in the church, the Gold Saucer, etc.

I imagine a lot of streamers are gonna break crying as soon as the game starts, right?
If they feel the same way about the game that I do.

Last edited:

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I keep finding conflicting information so I need to ask it. Is the only way to get the Carbuncle materia to preorder the First Class edition or can you also get it by preordering the digital deluxe edition? It appears that by preordering the physical deluxe edition, you only get the Chocobo and Cactaur summon materia. I'd like to have all the summon materia but the First Class edition is too much for me. And since I want a physical edition, it seems like the cheapest way to go about it is buying both the physical and digital deluxe editions, which also puts me off because of how costly it is.

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I keep finding conflicting information so I need to ask it. Is the only way to get the Carbuncle materia to preorder the First Class edition or can you also get it by preordering the digital deluxe edition? It appears that by preordering the physical deluxe edition, you only get the Chocobo and Cactaur summon materia. I'd like to have all the summon materia but the First Class edition is too much for me. And since I want a physical edition, it seems like the cheapest way to go about it is buying both the physical and digital deluxe editions, which also puts me off because of how costly it is.

I don't know the correct answer but I bet they'll just sell each DLC summon in the future, just like they did with the exclusive weapons from pre-ordering XV.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Curious if we are going to see previews of the game being released.

Press playing 3 or 4 hours of the game, something like that

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

Physical deluxe edition does not come with Carbuncle.

Digital Deluxe edition does come with Carbuncle.

First Class edition does come with Carbuncle.

Not a guarantee but like Cheshire_Buddha said, the summons could be sold a couple of months post release.

ggg

Jan 8, 2018
Anyone in japan know if you're able to pre-order the deluxe edition with the daytona figure anywhere? Or the steelbook edition at least?

Or does it look like those will be exclusive to pre-order on the square enix e-store over there?

Asking cuz I'm planning to fly there in april to grab both the steelbook and daytona figure, but not sure if it'll be available at all physically in any store come release date

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone in japan know if you're able to pre-order the deluxe edition with the daytona figure anywhere? Or the steelbook edition at least?

Or does it look like those will be exclusive to pre-order on the square enix e-store over there?

Asking cuz I'm planning to fly there in april to grab both the steelbook and daytona figure, but not sure if it'll be available at all physically in any store come release date

I think it is a SE store exclusive everywhere. There was a Japanese advert of the bike and it says store exclusive.

ggg

Jan 8, 2018
I think it is a SE store exclusive everywhere. There was a Japanese advert of the bike and it says store exclusive.
Oh dear I hope not, I also meant thru unofficial channels so like in figure and general game shops and the like in akihabara etc

I'm hard pressed to believe I won't be able to find neither the daytona figure and/or a steelbook copy physically in april anywhere in tokyo

Hoping that won't be the case

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, Turks' theme really misses the mark. The guitar is too prominent and the whole song is played with real instruments. The original sounded more like a darker version of West Side Story: finger snapping and using body slapping as instruments to give it a sleezy gang sound.

This are "Hurry!" sound so bad.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Oooh! Cool! I didn't actually.
I've just started playing it last month and while I enjoyed it it's really started to ramp up with Heavensward.
FFXIV is so good. It's a shame it only really comes into its own during the expansions that take so long to get to, because I'd otherwise recommend it to anyone. Here's hoping the Realm Reborn revamp coming soon helps with that!

Last edited:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
=

FFXIV is so good. It's a shame it only really comes into its own during the expansions that take so long to get to, because I'd otherwise recommend it to anyone. Here's hoping the Realm Reborn revamp coming soon helps with that!

Yes, the 100 quests between Realm Reborn and Heavensward was a real pain. But the ending was great at least.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
FFXIV does push your through areas and levels your primary character so expertly so it's always killing two birds with one stone.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
What species would you classify red as?

Lion?

I'd say a leopard.

leopard-africa-safari.jpg

And he's very lean like a cheetah

Z6j2a3pPdyBTQ5iicDe9kn.jpg

Pointy ears like a caracal
765aff356cdc441a85296c7a6280ae43.jpg

His hair is based on a Lion mane probably.

He's likely an amalgamation of cats.

However, his snout looks kinda long, and his claws are not retracted, so they might have put some Canis (wolf/dog) into his design. I'd say he is primarily cat though.

Black-Timber-Wolf.jpg

ff7-red-xiii.jpg

Oh yea and he howls.....cat/dog.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'd say a leopard.

leopard-africa-safari.jpg

And he's very lean like a cheetah

Z6j2a3pPdyBTQ5iicDe9kn.jpg

Pointy ears like a caracal
765aff356cdc441a85296c7a6280ae43.jpg

His hair is based on a Lion mane probably.

He's likely an amalgamation of cats.

However, his snout looks kinda long, and his claws are not retracted, so they might have put some Canis (wolf/dog) into his design. I'd say he is primarily cat though.

Black-Timber-Wolf.jpg

ff7-red-xiii.jpg

Oh yea and he howls.....cat/dog.

HE IS WHAT YOU SEE BEFORE YOU

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
Just in case you had some silly hope of getting the demo anytime soon:

I don't think that one thing rules out the other thing, especially because the demo from the store is longer than the one in the cities (I played the one in Cologne & the leaked one from the store).​

They are both set in the first reactor but the one from the store is longer and felt like it's supposed to let you carry over your progress.​

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I don't think that one thing rules out the other thing, especially because the demo from the store is longer than the one in the cities (I played the one in Cologne & the leaked one from the store).​

They are both set in the first reactor but the one from the store is longer and felt like it's supposed to let you carry over your progress.​
I know, but I feel that there isn't really a big reason as to why they'd have demo stations when everybody could just play at home (I guess so that they can get people without PS4 on board, but still). Especially since the E3/public events demo build is quite old at this point and all of that and updating it would be kinda stupid and a waste of time.

Also, lucky you :(

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
I know, but I feel that there isn't really a big reason as to why they'd have demo stations when everybody could just play at home (I guess so that they can get people without PS4 on board, but still). Especially since the E3/public events demo build is quite old at this point and all of that and updating it would be kinda stupid and a waste of time.

Also, lucky you :(

I just hope we get the demo. Can't be that hard, given that it's already existing. I am not sure if we'd get it @ the 3rd but I really think before the release – because to me it really felt like it was meant to be one of those "keep your save for the full game" experience. (Because the cutscenes were in and you'd got a lot of items that felt a bit useless for that small portion of the game etc.)​

Hope we all get to play it soon and share our thoughts on it. :'C​

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I just hope we get the demo. Can't be that hard, given that it's already existing. I am not sure if we'd get it @ the 3rd but I really think before the release – because to me it really felt like it was meant to be one of those "keep your save for the full game" experience. (Because the cutscenes were in and you'd got a lot of items that felt a bit useless for that small portion of the game etc.)​

Hope we all get to play it soon and share our thoughts on it. :'C​

Yeah, I really don't think we'll have to wait until the release of the game to play it, but I can see it being really close to that date.

I wouldn't be shocked if we learnt that they were going to release it during the anniversary and that the game delay made them postpone it. It just feels bad because of the lack of acknowledgment. Not that them talking about it would do much, but man, knowing it exists and not being able to play it sucks lol.

I'm still tempted to watch the entire thing on Youtube, but I've been strong enough to avoid it until now, so yeah.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019

Expo space costs money. Why would they reserve a ton of it to house demo booths for a demo available in a longer version at home?

The most important note here is that this is the last show where we should see this demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.