• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Better than this:
wxBPooe.jpg
You can have the tiny bronco modified by Cid between games and do a first level like Wutai or the getting the key stone at gold saucer, and the boat changes the structure in part 3. It might sound a bit weird without explaining how it could be done.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
For all the shit that Square is getting for expanding Midgar into a full game, it's actually a very good narrative stopping point, if they can pull off expanding it.

You meet the characters, you set the stage of an escalating war between Shinra and Avalanche, that climaxes during the assault on Shinra Tower, and then you're hit with the final act twist of Sephy showing up an ruining everyone's day and the sequel hook of following to find out what he's up to. Definitely a better stopping point for a narrative than a random boat ride.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
For all the shit that Square is getting for expanding Midgar into a full game, it's actually a very good narrative stopping point, if they can pull off expanding it.

You meet the characters, you set the stage of an escalating war between Shinra and Avalanche, that climaxes during the assault on Shinra Tower, and then you're hit with the final act twist of Sephy showing up an ruining everyone's day and the sequel hook of following to find out what he's up to. Definitely a better stopping point for a narrative than a random boat ride.
I don't think it would be a random boat ride, they add something dramactic if they really wanted to end it as you leave the easten continent. It's often how you adapt things. You can have Jenova birth trasforming into some of Cloud's friends at Nibelhelm who died or taking the form of people who died in Sector 7 and you have a emotional climax as Tifa helps him stand up to Jenova and get over her illusions. I'm not saying that's a good scene, just they likely make things to have a new climax and the end would not feel so 'random'

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'm still standing by my prediction of Part being from Kalm to the Northern crater Pt. 1. Go ahead and laugh about that one. I just can't see ending at Nibelheim, Or the Forgotten capital.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I'm still standing by my prediction of Part being from Kalm to the Northern crater Pt. 1. Go ahead and laugh about that one. I just can't see ending at Nibelheim, Or the Forgotten capital.
I'm hoping that's the case, because it would be the most satisfying narrative arc. But it's just a lot of ground to cover in one game with the production values they're going for. But I can see some stuff being streamlined a bit without pissing too many people off.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'm hoping that's the case, because it would be the most satisfying narrative arc. But it's just a lot of ground to cover in one game with the production values they're going for. But I can see some stuff being streamlined a bit without pissing too many people off.

They might create new arcs and towns to end it at Nibelheim.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Take Rocket Town out and introduce it during huge materia arc. Possibly do the same for Corel, these are some ideas I had anyway.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Cross-post: For those worried about the voice acting, I think this video shows how fun the banter has been from footage that is available so far (note, this contains some footage from the leaked demo). I think the performances are overall really good.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Given that these screenshots show off some side quest stuff, I wonder if the recent previews involved a fully explorable segment. They did say that the previews were about three hours long this time.

Cannon_Fodder

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, my guess is that they showed off a later chapter of the game to give attendees a better sense of gameplay outside of big moments like the bombing mission. That's my hope at least.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Feels like every other thread on this game is a complete mess. It really is going to be a blood bath when it finally releases

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Max is doing his stream right now for those that want to listen to his FF7 Remake thoughts.

Edit: He got to play 3 - 4 hours of it but can't talk about his feelings on it due to NDA.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Is he still excited for it? He may not be able to talk about it but his attitude could tell us something

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched it because I thought it was exactly like the demo opening but I was wrong lol

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
Here's the YouTube version:

Even for the people who watched the demo intro when it first leaked, there's 2 minutes of new stuff. Unreal!

The press site has also been updated with English versions of the new screenshots:

12.bmp

14.bmp

16.bmp

Last edited:

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Does anyone know where I can find a high-res image of that zoomed out Midgar render from Remake (I think Max has it as a desktop background)?

Basic image search isn't cutting it and I'm apprehensive about digging too much in fear of data-mining leaks... 😞

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Wonderfulju opening. The scale of the rocky fields of nothingness surrounding Midgar is insane compared to the OG. How big will they make the weapons?

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Went back and forth on if I should watch the opening but eventually caved.

Really strong opening and the additions of showing the Upper Plate as well as just the surrounding environments do a really good job at getting across how big Midgar is as well as making it feel like a more lived in space.

April suddenly feels so far away again.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The opening looks amazing all things considered. It's a shame we won't get to spend much if any time on top of the plate checking out those parts of the city but they looked pretty cool.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's not like Cid just yells at women because that's just his character, it's a plot point, there's a redemption arc. The message isn't that yelling at women is ok.

They'll remove cloud hitting aerith in the temple of the ancients, other than that we should be getting pretty much everything and then some.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Probably, but he's only verbally abusive and there's story reasons to explain why he is the way he is. Plus her concerns that lead to all this are confirmed later on in the story.
Yeah, it's not like Cid just yells at women because that's just his character, it's a plot point, there's a redemption arc. The message isn't that yelling at women is ok.

They'll remove cloud hitting aerith in the temple of the ancients, other than that we should be getting pretty much everything and then some.
i understamd *why* cid is yelling at her, that doesn't make it any less uncomfortable. like there's ways to convey his frustration at her for ruining the launch other than outward abuse

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like the English translation really makes it seem worse than it is in the Japanese version. He just calls her and almost everyone else a something something yaro in Japanese

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.