• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Croyles

Oct 25, 2017
I've been having this thought throughout the last like 2 years: what if they pull a massive bait and switch and it turns out it's actually the entire game.

Obviously not going to happen but a nice fantasy I had.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I've been having this thought throughout the last like 2 years: what if they pull a massive bait and switch and it turns out it's actually the entire game.

If they were doing that then Square would actually be misleading the public since the product description everywhere says it's part one. That one user on here may actually have a case to sue for a misleading product lol

Croyles

Oct 25, 2017
If they were doing that then Square would actually be misleading the public since the product description everywhere says it's part one. That one user on here may actually have a case to sue for a misleading product lol
There are a billion reasons why it wouldn't happen. Never said it was realistic lol.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Question: Is it confirmed that the FFVIIR is going to be 2 parts?
I had a conversation with 2 friends yesterday and they both claimed the remake was going to be 2 parts.

More than one, and that bit is obvious. Two or three parts, depending on how they want to handle production. For all we know, they could be back to their early 2010 arrogance with sales and use that as a reason to downsize production on sequels. VII Remake might be unique compared to other FF projects that have more than one mainline release related to it as production values are expected to increase with releases. The XIII trilogy, by contrast, had costs and scope decrease, which did show up in hilarious ways in games like Lightning Returns. VII's scope expands exponentially after Midgar, and we've seen them decide to dedicate the first volume to this area alone.

I'm expecting three volumes of VII Remake releases, personally. While Disc 3 for the original (unless my memory is wrong) was really just for the final dungeon, they can expand a lot of Disc 2 as a full release and then move some of that towards a final third part.

Miang

Oct 28, 2017
It'd be nice to play the demo this week, as seen as I am on a full week's annual leave lmao

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Torn on whether or not to play this alleged demo. I've waited so long, and the final product is so close so it might be worth it to just experience it all in its totality.

May 26, 2018
just for fun I regraded the midgar image to look more like the original

*big images within tags*
Ff7-midgar.jpg

YsXVTG2.jpg

ff7r default

KvQAZ04.jpg

BeanBoi

Jun 20, 2019

The fact that this is even a conversation point to me is just ridiculous regarding the whole secrecy behind remaking this entire game. I understand they can't give a definite answer of how many parts there will be, but the whole "no part 1 on the cover" thing combined with historical precedent regarding SE"s overly ambitious announcements followed by years of no communication (FFXV, KH3) leaves me worried.

Absolutely cannot wait for this game, but wish there was more open communication about their plans for the entire project.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Three parts make the most sense, because the plot has three acts. Since the first is Midgar, and that's what this game is covering...at this stage, we can presume the other two acts are their own games. It makes even more sense because the progression in Acts One and Two is semi-linear -- while there are diversions, you're generally following from place to place to place. It's the beginning of Act Three that allows you to explore the world, and so it makes sense to make that effort in the final part along with the remainder of the story.

And overall, "it makes sense" is something that has come up a lot in the development of this game. We've seen a lot of rational decision making across the implementation of this remake, and so I'm hopeful that this may continue.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE DEMO

Enjoy the first chapter of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE─the iconic Mako Reactor 1 bombing mission─with this demo version.br- Progress cannot be carried over into the retail version of the game.br- Content may differ from that of the retail version.brbrFINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is a bold reimagining...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Maximiliain Dood: "This stream is a Classic Nintendo Night!"

Hours later: "Final Fantasy 7 demo!!!"

xD

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
😲😲😲😲Rushing home now😲😲😲😲

My PS4 is not connected to power so can't do purchase off the store and get it to download

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Is it morally acceptable that I don't have access to a PS4, PC that can play the remake, or the demo 🤔 ?

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
As a fellow German, you must have some other region account. Use that one. You need PS+ for so many demos in Germany and you don't in other regions. I guess it has something to do with the ratings. I used my US account.
Thank you. It's been so long since I used the PSN Store, I completely forgot about that aspect. I found the demo on the US store and I'm downloading it down.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, just saw a tweet where they dropped the FF VII demo on PS store? Crazy. Gonna download that shit so fast
(Just kinda woke up to this)

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
PS Store continues to be shitty when it comes to finding new things. I hope they make it more intuitive with the PS5

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't feeling the combat at first, I would appreciate a bit more complex/varied a combo system, but the system started to grow on me during the Scorpion mecha boss fight and during the escape it clicked even more. With a whole 3 member team & more varied abilities unlocked, I can see this being really fun even if there could be a bit more depth to a single character's move set.

And the game wasn't a total push over either. Cloud was knocked out during my Scorpion fight, lol. At least you need to put some thought into evading, blocking and healing.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I thought it was absolutely amazing, but I'm gonna have to check out the options because the camera, especially when switching between enemies were pretty cumbersome.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really liking the combat TBH. Hopefully it's due to it being the early game and it gets better as more party members and systems are introduced.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I really like the demo but I really think I need a better framerate for this kind of combat. Characters move around pretty fast sometimes and I don't like how it feels on 30 fps.

That timed exclusivity deal is such horseshit.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I really like the demo but I really think I need a better framerate for this kind of combat. Characters move around pretty fast sometimes and I don't like how it feels on 30 fps.

Yeah, I've felt this way all gen. I switched to PC last gen but never realized how much I needed 60fps until I bought a PS4 on day one and... just couldn't cope. It's why Horizon Zero Dawn is my most anticipated game release this year =D

I'm really glad Square released a demo though! I always intended to wait for the PC version, but a free demo on PS4 will help scratch the itch until then, as well as remind me why I'm waiting =P

Samawati

Sep 15, 2019

Knowing Square, it wouldn't have had a PC simulaunch anyway, so technically nothing being lost here.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I swear to god if the full game does this stupid tying language to the system language shit instead of just letting us switch Voice language in the game

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do you remember those many threads asking, "What can X dev/game learn from God of War?" and so many people were cynical suggesting that this is a stupid convo to have? Apparently Kitase literally says one of the games that inspired the team to bring it to the modern age was God of War. It's in Skill Up's preview:

Status
Not open for further replies.