• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting since I just ordered import version of the world preview book yesterday lol...
I skipped the post card book though.

here is a sample page of the world preview book (JP version)

jkh13

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it has the Tifa theme but if you look at post 14161 there is a UK promotion.

It seems the promotion only covers the 5 DLC items, not that I could find any of these packs in the supermarkets yesterday... everything sold out due to panic buying.

Is anyone from the US able to get codes from butterfingers? I am able to pay back if so.

Apr 19, 2018
FFVII Remake OST is up for pre-order on the US store FYI.
Almost there! Hang in there, y'all.

store.na.square-enix-games.com

FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE Original Soundtrack ~Special edit version~ [CD]

We are very pleased to present an exciting SQEX Store offering: the original soundtrack for FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE in a massive, seven-disc CD set!To coincide with the release of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE on April 10, 2020, we are releasing the original soundtrack, which features songs from the...

Hot damn, seven discs? That's gonna be a lot of music.

Crydaddy

Oct 25, 2017
Miramichi, NB

We are very pleased to present an exciting SQEX Store offering: the original soundtrack for FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE in a massive, seven-disc CD set!To coincide with the release of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE on April 10, 2020, we are releasing the original soundtrack, which features songs from the...

Hope this is put on something else like Amazon; shipping costs are insane.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

But my 2000 Saturn S-Series only has a 6-disc CD changer!!!!!

msia2k75

Nov 1, 2017

Hm yeah, i don't think every disc will be dedicated to FFVIIR music.... By that, i mean, there will be quite a bit of FFVII OG songs.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Just out of interest is the poll just for original FFVII or both?

Good to hear so much praise for the combat, there was a lot of that after the XV demo as well though and the combat in that game ended up being ass so still slightly cautious

Apr 19, 2018
Hm yeah, i don't think every disc will be dedicated to FFVIIR music.... By that, i mean, there will be quite a bit of FFVII OG songs.

I mean, given that the OG FFVII OST was three discs worth of music, if they included every single track from the original (and that's probably unlikely), we'd still be left with four full discs specifically for Remake.

I wonder what that eighth bonus disc will entail.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Just out of interest is the poll just for original FFVII or both?

Good to hear so much praise for the combat, there was a lot of that after the XV demo as well though and the combat in that game ended up being ass so still slightly cautious
The original. I think the poll was put there some time before the leaks happened.

msia2k75

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, given that the OG FFVII OST was three discs worth of music, if they included every single track from the original (and that's probably unlikely), we'd still be left with four full discs specifically for Remake.

No i meant there's a jukebox in Remake with tracks from the older FF games, i suspect they will be included in this OST pack. That could take at least one disc.

Apr 19, 2018
No i meant there's a jukebox in Remake with tracks from the older FF games, i suspect they will be included in this OST pack. That could take at least one disc.

Ah, you said "quite a bit of FFVII OG songs", so I thought you meant FFVII tracks specifically.

I dunno, I feel like they'd be stretching the definition of "Original Soundtrack" if this release ends up being even a partial compilation from older works. If anything, I would think they would designate the jukebox tracks to the bonus disc.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017

On the Japanese SE store the bonus disc is the Jukebox tracks.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, dumb and unnecessary. Keep it cut
25553.jpg

source.gif

Neutral_Jump

Mar 21, 2020
Saint Louis
Two weeks ago I was thinking about how I wished this game was being released on the original date so all of us in quarantine would have something to dive deep into...

At this point though, I'm happy to not have the distraction so I can fully acclimate to the lifestyle before the game comes and kills all my productivity. Maybe having this to look forward to is helping me. Who knows.

Oct 27, 2017
Really interesting interview. It reiterated a lot of what we knew but its definitely made me more excited to see what their plan is for endgame content. Also this "The key to navigating this floor lies in using Red XIII's unique physical abilities to overcome environmental obstacles. Letting the player experience his heroics in this way is something that I'm confident will please the fans." is intriguing; do they have something playable up their sleeve for Red XIII still even though he isn't available in battle? I wonder if it is a more difficult environmental puzzle as they seemed to allude those would be a thing this time with the rather simple tutorial lasers in the 1st reactor.

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
Nothing on the EU side of things re: the official soundtrack or that hardcover art book yet. Will order both as soon as they're available.

Status
Not open for further replies.