• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing on the EU side of things re: the official soundtrack or that hardcover art book yet. Will order both as soon as they're available.
The book is not up yet but the soundtrack is.

store.eu.square-enix-games.com

Square Enix Store | Europe

Buy video games online at the Square Enix official store. Shop our top franchises including Final Fantasy, Nier, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest & more.

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
The book is not up yet but the soundtrack is.

store.eu.square-enix-games.com

Square Enix Store | Europe

Buy video games online at the Square Enix official store. Shop our top franchises including Final Fantasy, Nier, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest & more.

Got it, thanks! Don't know why I couldn't find that on their storefront.

Now to source that book without attempting to import it in the current climate :/

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of insane that this game could have an 88-90 opencritic and still only be like the 3rd or 4th highest reviewed game of the last 30 days lol. Game industry spent all of Dec/Jan/Feb charging up a spirit bomb for March/April.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else decided to go full-dark and avoid all previews and footage from here on out.

I decided not to look at episode 1 of Square's preview thingy, and won't be looking at episode 2 either. They've shown more than enough at this point.

BhetjaXIV

Sep 8, 2018
Belgium
Anyone else decided to go full-dark and avoid all previews and footage from here on out.

I decided not to look at episode 1 of Square's preview thingy, and won't be looking at episode 2 either. They've shown more than enough at this point.

Yay. Last TV CM was already too much imo.

Won't watch the launch trailer either considering how those from Square are always filled with surprises. I want them in the game not in a video ! >:(

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

Two and a half weeks away?
Yeah- I'm good. Might glance at the OP of the review thread, but that's it.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017

Yup, though I kind of have been for a while anyway.

I dipped into some of the preview coverage but other than that I think the last thing I watched was the trailer for the main theme.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know how long approximately the gsme will be? Im expecting 20-30hours with side quests

Macnair

Oct 27, 2017
I want to skip the rest of March until the 10th. Man things need to get good and I still need to go to the office. Fuck! I just want to play the game and not have to be scared going outside.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a slight aside, I had previously redeemed two Butterfingers for that Tifa theme, and today I saw a stack of Nestle Crunch on sale.

So I figured "what the hell" and bought 8 more. If I show the receipt to my existing account I should get the remaining DLC items, right?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm cruising through the main plot with just a tiny smattering of side content. I'm using the 3x speed a lot so it's obviously effecting my play time. But Midgar took me about 5 hours and I'm at about 20 hours just getting to the descent into the northern crater.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't believe this will be a set of 3 games, unless they cut a bunch of stuff from the game after Midgar. I know that they haven't made any official comment but it seems like a lot of people expect it to be a trilogy

I don't see it as a negative. Just an observation.

Hearing that the OST is 7 discs (!) long...it CAN'T be short.

it's probably because of the dynamic music. There's probably at least 3 versions of each song

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
So I can then proceed to Pre-Order on PSN right? No delay expected and while physical is preferred no guarantee to get one in a timely manner?

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
As a slight aside, I had previously redeemed two Butterfingers for that Tifa theme, and today I saw a stack of Nestle Crunch on sale.

So I figured "what the hell" and bought 8 more. If I show the receipt to my existing account I should get the remaining DLC items, right?
You should be good to get the remaining items (assuming they haven't exhausted their allotment).

almendrabl

Jan 24, 2020
twitter.com

プレイステーション公式 on Twitter

“\これから #PS4 #PS4Pro を購入して #FF7R を始めるのに最適!/ PS4®およびPS4®Proに『FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE』パッケージ版を同梱した、お得な価格の数量限定商品が4月10日(金)に発売! 詳しくはこちら⇒ https://t.co/DBMJfynNYa”

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
EB Games Australia is selling Persona 5 Royal starting today. Now I'm looking to see if they'll do the same for some other releases 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

I know it's next to impossible

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was at least hoping there'd be a special controller for this.

A clear green "Mako" controller would have been great. And have the light bar be green.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
No collector's edition huh? Even P5R had one (with all due respect, FF7R is a much bigger release), I wonder if coronavirus has something to do with this, after all consoles are manufactured in China...

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
No collector's edition huh? Even P5R had one (with all due respect, FF7R is a much bigger release), I wonder if coronavirus has something to do with this, after all consoles are manufactured in China...
?

521ada2898a2ab7779e164034f5ec71e_1920_KR.jpg

c233e473f3699cc24a00c1c7a333533d_1920_KR.jpg

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
There are two versions that are the same ¥8,555 price: One has the word Limited Edition at the end of its title and one does not. Are they the same item? They both have 8 discs. Your link I believe linked to the non-Limited Edition.

Halp! I want to pick the best one to send to the US, and I don't want to have any return issues being that it is an overseas purchase. Thanks.

This ASIN number is for the Limited Edition: B0862FC3RT

Yours is: B0862F99BB

Which one is the best? :)

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
There are two versions that are the same ¥8,555 price: One has the word Limited Edition at the end of its title and one does not. Are they the same item? They both have 8 discs. Your link I believe linked to the non-Limited Edition.

Halp! I want to pick the best one to send to the US, and I don't want to have any return issues being that it is an overseas purchase. Thanks.

Didn't know there were 2.

I thought there was only 1.

Checking the Asin only shows Amazon JP. So maybe it's something exclusive to them. From other websites it shows that there are only 2 versions, regular and limited. One is 7 CDs the other is 8. So it's weird that it shows both 8. Maybe the limited one has a bonus slip cover like FFXIV OSTs?

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017

The eight disc set comes with an extra disc with music from the in-game jukeboxes.

Amazon have two versions of this limited edition. One that includes an Amazon exclusive "mini-notepad" according to Google Translate, and the other without. The version linked by Fraxin is the one with the mini-notepad.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Checking Amazon JP, I had no idea there was so much difference between games' prices. FF7R is 3000 yen more expensive than Animal Crossing, and that's just the standard edition.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
It seems the promotion only covers the 5 DLC items, not that I could find any of these packs in the supermarkets yesterday... everything sold out due to panic buying.

Is anyone from the US able to get codes from butterfingers? I am able to pay back if so.
During my search for loo roll, I actually tracked these down at Tesco today. I'd expected other supermarkets to have them as well as they're probably all going through stock quicker than usual, but neither Sainsbury's nor Morrisons had any of the promotional packs, only normal ones.

I'd rather not pay a scalper for a code, but there's no sign of the best girl theme anywhere, so I'm a bit gutted. The fine print says:

300,000 x codes for downloadable accessories for Final Fantasy VII Remake game ("DLC Codes"). DLC Codes able to be used from game launch. Max use of 5 DLC Codes per PSN account. PSN account req'd; (ii) 5 x 1st Class Edition Final Fantasy VII Remake games (iii) 20 x Standard Edition Final Fantasy VII Remake games (digital version) and (iv) 20 x PlayStation 4 Pro consoles.

Oct 25, 2017

I agree. It's strange.

Maybe Sony thinks the amount of people who would even buy a ps4 with the Ps5 a few months away is probably really low.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Amazon and GameStop have listed both SKUs as unavailable this morning. I don't think we'll be seeing physical editions making it out in time for release. :(

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
The eight disc set comes with an extra disc with music from the in-game jukeboxes.

Amazon have two versions of this limited edition. One that includes an Amazon exclusive "mini-notepad" according to Google Translate, and the other without. The version linked by Fraxin is the one with the mini-notepad.

Okay, Thanks. I'll get the mini note pad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.