• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't believe this will be a set of 3 games, unless they cut a bunch of stuff from the game after Midgar.

I think they're going to work around/heavily condense the exploration aspects of the original, which would count as cutting, sure...but at least it's not the story.

A lot of locations in the original (such as the numerous small towns) had only a handful of minutes of main plot, compared to Midgar which had roughly a third of it, so I don't think that's really a concern.

If they commit to "you can totally fly the Highwind around!" then yeah, that's a different story. Something like that would require a specialized team itself over the course of years in today's development climate lol

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon and GameStop have listed both SKUs as unavailable this morning. I don't think we'll be seeing physical editions making it out in time for release. :(

Preordered it on Amazon last week after it became clear that stores definitely won't be open in time for release. It was listed as unavailable for a few days then you could preorder it again which is when I preordered.

Wouldn't surprise me if due to the current situation stock will be limited and only if they know they can get another batch of copies for around release do they open preorders again.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I think they're going to work around/heavily condense the exploration aspects of the original, which would count as cutting, sure...but at least it's not the story.

A lot of locations in the original (such as the numerous small towns) had only a handful of minutes of main plot, compared to Midgar which had roughly a third of it, so I don't think that's really a concern.

If they commit to "you can totally fly the Highwind around!" then yeah, that's a different story. Something like that would require a specialized team itself over the course of years in today's development climate lol

yeah, that would make sense. There's just a lot of stuff to make. On the other hand, a lot of the content in the last third of the game is revisiting areas so that could help.

I feel like the rest of the production will go smoothly since they already have the foundation laid for combat. Just depends on how much fleshing out they want to do with the rest of the game I suppose. I'm pretty sure Yuffie and Vincent won't become optional characters though.

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I applied for standard order on the 1st class edition, is it fair to assume that I would still get it on 4/10?

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I applied for standard order on the 1st class edition, is it fair to assume that I would still get it on 4/10?

At this point I don't think it's safe to assume anything due to COVID-19, sadly.

I'm holding out hope for my Deluxe Edition to hit my doorstep on 4/10, but I've also prepared my mind and heart for it to arrive later.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
main things I still want to know is how the progress of characters will be transferred over from game to game and how the battle encounters will work if you wanted to grind and level up a bit.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
so 2 weeks from pre-load? reviewers have copies, trophies will probably start popping up late next week. it's almost here.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
So, potentially good news for UK customers at least.

I got a shipping notification from the Squenix store today for the Vinyl, and theyre using DPD one day delivery, so I'm assuming that's what theyre going to use for the actual game too. And I'm assuming it will actually be delivered tomorrow, otherwise why bother giving me the shipping notification?

I'll update tomorrow on whether or not it actually arrived

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
?

521ada2898a2ab7779e164034f5ec71e_1920_KR.jpg

c233e473f3699cc24a00c1c7a333533d_1920_KR.jpg
If these actually come with a regular PS4 box and a Steelbook that is super nice.

msia2k75

Nov 1, 2017
yeah, that would make sense. There's just a lot of stuff to make. On the other hand, a lot of the content in the last third of the game is revisiting areas so that could help.

I feel like the rest of the production will go smoothly since they already have the foundation laid for combat. Just depends on how much fleshing out they want to do with the rest of the game I suppose. I'm pretty sure Yuffie and Vincent won't become optional characters though.

That's a given... with the cost of making assets nowdays, no way in hell you will have things like that optional.

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
main things I still want to know is how the progress of characters will be transferred over from game to game and how the battle encounters will work if you wanted to grind and level up a bit.

I doubt it will have any meaningful carryover. I feel like people are still trying to convince themselves that this is all 1 big game and it's just being spaced out for development purposes, i don't think that's a great way to look at this.

These are their own games and should be treated like it.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Probably been asked before but..

Are Cactuar and Carbuncle Summoning Materia available as you play through the game or are they exclusive to the preorder?

Einhandr

Oct 27, 2017
You can preorder those polygon figures on the Square Enix store now. Releases August 2020.

I'm glad a bought a "full" set from YAJ (minus the secret 8th figure). $64 to buy a box pack of 8 blind boxes so chances to get a full set you'll need to buy at least two. At $64 a set plus their ridiculous shipping, I spent about that much or a little less and knew full well I was getting the seven unique individual figures.

jkh13

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad a bought a "full" set from YAJ (minus the secret 8th figure). $64 to buy a box pack of 8 blind boxes so chances to get a full set you'll need to buy at least two. At $64 a set plus their ridiculous shipping, I spent about that much or a little less and knew full well I was getting the seven unique individual figures.

Usually you get all 8 designs if you buy a blind box set, this is how it works for most of these anyways including the ones which SQEX have released in the past. I think they just put the disclaimer there to cover their ass in case the boxes are packed incorrectly.

JKGQ2013

Oct 27, 2017

You can also buy the new figures for august release.

Edit - Square just posted this video of the Skytree in Japan, i wish i could have gone but it was closed while i was there a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Peacemillian

Oct 25, 2017
I believe they will let us transfer our gear/materia/items/skills over between games.

To avoid overlevelling in the first game they may just reset level to 1 or preset to 20 or so.

Jords

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2018
New Zealand
Yea my brother agrees there. I let myself be selfish for a moment and moved on. Digital peeps please don't spoil 😗

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
As tragic as everything is, when you have a lot of hope and joy in something that has had to unfortunately been cancelled or postponed, I think disappointment and being a bit selfish about losing out is natural.

Eb Australia released six games early yesterday and the AFL game of whatever it is has been pushed forward. Now it's just a wait and see if there'll be an early release, normal release, or if Morrison will finally step up and enact proper COVID procedures and lock us down and the physical release gets delayed.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I was spending nearly an hour finding an additional item to get the total to $75 for the free shipping, only to learn that it doesn't apply to pre-orders.

Is there a cheaper option to get these things?

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020
Simply Games (UK) charging people for the game which they usually do near dispatch.

Wonder if SE are going to let retailers ship early.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I believe they will let us transfer our gear/materia/items/skills over between games.

To avoid overlevelling in the first game they may just reset level to 1 or preset to 20 or so.

They could also do it similar in fashion that the Trails in Cold Steel games do.

First game levels were 1 to 99 with typical progression, 2nd game scaled from 40 and upwards to accomodate a progression of growth so it doesn't feel like you are starting from scratch.

FF7R and it's multiple games could have something similar. I think some sort of save data bonus will exist if you have a save for it so the 2nd game will detect when starting a new game.

Also cross-generation wouldn't necessarily be an issue either as the case with Suikoden II as you can transfer your save from PSX memory card to a PS2 memory card to import your Suikoden II save into Suikoden III.

They'll probably make a cross-platform save support much like PS4 / Vita so you can import a PS4 save to a PS5 console (That is if FF7R2 isn't a cross-gen game for that matter and requires a PS5 to play)

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I understand the situation but it really sucks having to buy digitally, especially for this game and especially when it costs 70€.

Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They don't allow me anymore to modify my order on the S-E European Store, hopefully is a sign things are getting ready and packed to be shipped.

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Try to think of it this way, i bought FFXV physical, and i didn't get the game until 6 PM that day, it was physically painful because i had taken a half day expecting the game to be there at around 9 Am. I would have gotten the game 18 hours earlier if i had gotten it digitally.

Status
Not open for further replies.