• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there an honest-to-goodness chance they'll actually ship the game early, at least to those who pre-ordered the 1st Class Edition from their store?

Just trying to temper expectations here.

Miang

Oct 28, 2017
Decided to cancel my preorder of physical deluxe and go digital. I'm depressed enough with the current state of things without getting the game late, I need it on release day dammit.

That Dengeki cover is beaut

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
damn...i put $10 towards the deluxe edition down at my local gamestop, which is now closed (think most of then are?)

is there a way to get them to honor it & ship it here or that store, after somehow paying the rest or am i boned? website is all sold out

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
We are still two weeks out, folks.

Things are so fluid right now in the world that it's very hard to say what things will be like in two weeks, more/less five days.
Some of these questions (i.e. "will we actually get our physical copies on 4/10") are simply impossible to answer right now.

My advice: if you truly can't wait and don't even want to take the risk of waiting: cancel your physical and go digital. Or wait a week and a half, feel the water, (I think RE3's release could be a good litmus test), and then cancel & go digital.

Otherwise remain in a similar boat as myself: relegate yourself to the idea that you might not get this on 4/10 and prepare to wait a bit longer for your physical copy.

Leplutorius

Oct 28, 2017
I decided to buy the digital copy today. I'd love to have the box in my hands on the tenth but I just can't risk not being able to play on the launch day.
Also, can we safely(?) assume that digital PS4 purchases will be playable on PS5?

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
We are still two weeks out, folks.

Things are so fluid right now in the world that it's very hard to say what things will be like in two weeks, more/less five days.
Some of these questions (i.e. "will we actually get our physical copies on 4/10") are simply impossible to answer right now.

My advice: if you truly can't wait and don't even want to take the risk of waiting: cancel your physical and go digital. Or wait a week and a half, feel the water, (I think RE3's release could be a good litmus test), and then cancel & go digital.

Otherwise remain in a similar boat as myself: relegate yourself to the idea that you might not get this on 4/10 and prepare to wait a bit longer for your physical copy.

this is fair, I'm simply wondering if anyone's had any success getting GS to honor a local preorder from their website, basically

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
this is fair, I'm simply wondering if anyone's had any success getting GS to honor a local preorder from their website, basically

A good question- but sadly one I can't answer.
If GS is having their 'drive-up' service in your neck of the woods it might be worth a trip to swing by and ask... with a barely cracked window, of course ;).

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Is there an honest-to-goodness chance they'll actually ship the game early, at least to those who pre-ordered the 1st Class Edition from their store?

Just trying to temper expectations here.

Their store reads they tend to ship these things 2 weeks early or whatever to they arrive on release day. Mine is saying that shipments have been initiated.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'm really curious as to why they've kept Rufus Shinra such a mystery. I wouldn't have guessed he would be the last character to be revealed.
I was about to edit my post to say this lmao.

Yeah, it's really interesting. Red XIII appears also towards the end of Midgar and he still was featured already. Then again, he's a main character even if he's not playable here.

I hope they do Rufus right. Always felt the character had more to offer in the original and, while I mostly dislike the Compilation as a whole, there's some interesting things that could be done with him here that's implied in there.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

FdSbkJx.jpg

Aerith's voice actress dresses like Aerith!

DrewM1788

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Also, as I expected the voice actor of Red XIII is a lot younger than a lot of people thought he would be. He's only 29 years old. They are definitely going to go with him putting on a more mature front at the introduction before Red XIII gradually opens up to show his true youth/maturity.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
Each part is going to be the size and scope of a full game, if we believe Square, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's no progression, either. The first four .hack games each had their own stories that furthered an overall arc and just limited your character progression at a certain point; that could easily happen here, just as easily as progress completely resetting.

I don't think we should expect the same level of expansion from other parts of the game as we are getting from Midgar, tbh. Midgar seemed like the area in the game that was most ripe for expansion. We'll get more new content in each part, but I would be legitimately surprised if they drug the series out that long.

Probably been asked before but..

Are Cactuar and Carbuncle Summoning Materia available as you play through the game or are they exclusive to the preorder?

We don't know at all yet.
Usually you get all 8 designs if you buy a blind box set, this is how it works for most of these anyways including the ones which SQEX have released in the past. I think they just put the disclaimer there to cover their ass in case the boxes are packed incorrectly.

That's good to know, especially since the listings say that it's not guaranteed. :/

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Some of this casting is spot on in my opinion

Max is a fantastic actor (Ryuji in P5), so him as Red is great
Pres. Shinra is Skullface from MGSV
Heidegger is Wakka

Reno is english Kazuma from Konosuba, Rude is Jax from MK11, Tseng is Goro/Triborg from MKX, Palmer is Doc Ock from Spoderman PS4, Roche is Ash Carbide from ToCS3 (perfect cast imo), Corneo is Fred Tatasciore, Marlene is a literal child, Scarlet is some TV actor, Reeve is "additional voices from Fallout 76 and COD Ghosts", Hojo is Jackie Chan from Jackie Chan Adventures

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hojo is animated Jackie Chan. Ok didn't see that coming.

Feels weird to see such a mix of tv actors and voice actors.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Feels like almost all of them have some level of voice acting work other than Briana White. We were definitely off on some of these names.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
OH MY GOD

THE GAME HAS SHIPPED ALREADY!!!

I just got dispatch notice from the SE EU store that my Soldier First Class Edition on the way.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I actually did not catch that Heidegger was John Di Maggio. I can usually spot his voice a mile away no matter who he plays.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Red XIII is voiced by the guy who does Ryuji in P5 huh

from for real to fur real

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't get too excited. Any "shipments" are likely just labels being created. You won't see any movement until much closer to launch.

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
Since my last thread got closed I'm bringing my question here. Are none of you thinking it's questionable the game will be just Midgar? Something tells me it will be far larger

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Since my last thread got closed I'm bringing my question here. Are none of you thinking it's questionable the game will be just Midgar? Something tells me it will be far larger
Something tells me it's just Midgar.

that something is the product descriptions, back of the box, and the datamine which I believe had the subtitle text from the end of the game

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1st class editions are back available for pre-order, wonder if some people backed out worried that their copy wouldn't get here on time.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Nothing over here in japan. I'd be surprised if the game comes earlier (Plus you cant even cancel it over here. It's a one and done order)

Status
Not open for further replies.