• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_p8di96prXD1qjztgpo1_400.gif
Time to start my petition to remove Cloud from the remake.

Shadow_FFVI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
re: OST samples

Really like the standard battle theme, I think it translated beautifully, but the boss theme lost its prog-rock vibe and it just isn't the same

Hoping for a classic OST option 🤷‍♂️
I'm with you on that one. The remake version of Still more fighting is not to me liking. Hope there's another version. It's not bad by any means, I can get used to it, but I can't deny I was disappointed by it.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Yeah exactly or like in Ni No Kuni 2. It's a diorama style open world. With the art style they have for the remake I think it would look pretty dope and would be way more engaging than a FFXV open world.

In a car driving 60mph without stopping it would take almost an hour to get to Kalm. Hour long car rides are not engaging and if you make them engaging it's now much longer to get to Kalm and at that pace this series will be in 10 parts. And yes there are tools to "quickly" make world geometry.

It seems like the only way you could sensibly keep that sense of scale/world size is to replace the driving journey with a 3-5 minute cutscene and have fast travel between Midgar and Calm instantly unlocked after watching the cutscene.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you on that one. The remake version of Still more fighting is not to me liking. Hope there's another version. It's not bad by any means, I can get used to it, but I can't deny I was disappointed by it.
as a user said the awesome thing of ff7 its the mix of genres, costa del sol is bossa nova, if they change that for an orchestra could sound awesome but would break the style of it. its the same thing of still more fighting its not rock anymore.

Shadow_FFVI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Do you guys think Square could implement team attacks like in Chrono Trigger? Maybe with the requirement of spending all atb bars with the involved characters. I think it would be a great addition.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think Square could implement team attacks like in Chrono Trigger? Maybe with the requirement of spending all atb bars with the involved characters. I think it would be a great addition.
Not sure about the team attacks, but Nomura has been wanted to put team combos since the Versus days (where you switch characters to do combo attacks) so I could see it happening for the remake.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about the team attacks, but Nomura has been wanted to put team combos since the Versus days (where you switch characters to do combo attacks) so I could see it happening for the remake.
Max's breakdown actually talks about this a little, when he noticed things hinting at this in his playthrough of the demo. He even asked directly, and was told it couldn't be talked about right now.

What he noticed was that attacks directly following up on one another from separate characters seemed to do increased stagger and damage.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Max's breakdown actually talks about this a little, when he noticed things hinting at this in his playthrough of the demo. He even asked directly, and was told it couldn't be talked about right now.

What he noticed was that attacks directly following up on one another from separate characters seemed to do increased stagger and damage.
It would be cool to have specific combo routes like Xenoblade 2..

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
That's Visual Work's CG render. Maybe you are remembering ingame look? (which I don't think is bad either)

482387-DA2.jpg
Cloud's a hottie he always look good.

Seriously though I used to think Cloud's model in AC looked amazing, and it's funny that ~15 years later it's been way surpassed.

.....of course not moping around helps with that too.

Last edited:

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cait Sith could just not be in the remakes at all and no one would give a shit. The whole sacrifice slow motion shit is the most forced shit ever. I couldn't believe what the hell was happening on the screen. And then dude really came back like people missed him. Man, no one even liked you in the first place.
You'll be ashamed of your words and deeds when they lean hard into the mecha aspect and give revised Cait Sith missile launchers and lasers.

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said a week ago, I honestly think they could remove the moogle part of cait sith and the cat just rides on top of red 13. Give him some spells he can do off of red 13.

That way you can still keep Reeve part of the story, but you don't have this stupid ass crappy moogle thing in your game that no one gives a shit about and will look stupid in your remake.

Introduce the moogle, but then reeve drops it because its dumb.

I legit forget sometimes that Cait Sith even exists.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Leave Cait Sith alone, he deserves to be in it as a full character.
I'm sure it will be glorious.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Just saw Vincent ask Cloud "What are you doing?" during his freak out at the Temple of the Ancients mural. Vincent's reactions when he's in your party make the game an 11/10

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Hmmm, you know, Noctis' face in the render looks a lot like the faces in the Dead or Alive series. But the game model looks more like Square's style.
It's probably just the style. Visual Works also put together NT's CGI intro. He does look more similar between the two than the other characters though.

Edit: Tidus definitely looks better in the render than in-game whoa

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I only just noticed that AC Cloud has like.. braces for the bottoms of his trousers to keep them up.

wtf?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I like imagining Cloud, after VII, saying "yes, I want to have edgy wolves everywhere, I'm into that now, ok".

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seto and Gi cave story line are dumb. Literally who are the Gi. Literally why did no one just tell him about his father. Literally why is his grandfather not also a dog thing.

Bugenhagen is cool but redward 13 is shrug emoji.

What's worse, Cait Sith being controlled remotely by someone in Shinra's headquarters or Nanaki calling Bugenhagen his grandfather as a way to honor him?

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
FF Fans: I better get to fight a house!!

Also FF Fans: He's just a talking dog... get realistic!

Status
Not open for further replies.