Final Fantasy VII Remake General Discussion Thread [Open Spoilers]

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 938 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 228 19.6%

• Total voters

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Dissidia NT Tifa makes me appreciate what they're doing with the character models in Remake even more. There's something about the style and the modelling that makes the Nomura school of character design work without them looking like dolls.

Like, Tifa looks alright I guess (face and hair too boring, but hey), but Cloud is atrocious imo. There's something about him that's very off-putting.

This was my favourite of Gormans
He's really, really good. I love the Zelda ones as well.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
If Dissidia were just a regular 2D fighting game, I’d be all over it. A fighter with all the FF characters? Yes, I’ll take it, thank you.

Whatever Dissidia actually is, far less interested.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
If Dissidia were just a regular 2D fighting game, I’d be all over it. A fighter with all the FF characters? Yes, I’ll take it, thank you.

Whatever Dissidia actually is, far less interested.
I kinda enjoyed the PSP ones, but yeah.

I know it's basically a meme at this point, but imagine what Arcsys could do with a FF 2D fighting game.

I'd also want stages that aren't as empty and boring as the ones currently in (I understand why they're the way the are in the Dissidia series, but still). As a whole, I never truly cared about them beyond being able to play as these characters and, even then, the design of some of them I quite dislike.

Stiltzkin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of sad moments
- Elmyra waiting for her husband to return from the war
- Barret watching his town go up in flames
- Actually that whole Dyne subplot was pretty heartbreaking. Dyne saying stuff like "there's too much blood on my hands" and Barret responding with "My hands aren't any cleaner" once Dyne kills himself. Whew that got to me.

Eylos

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of sad moments
- Elmyra waiting for her husband to return from the war
- Barret watching his town go up in flames
- Actually that whole Dyne subplot was pretty heartbreaking. Dyne saying stuff like "there's too much blood on my hands" and Barret responding with "My hands aren't any cleaner" once Dyne kills himself. Whew that got to me.
- pillar destruction
- nibelheim
- zack parents asking for any news about their son to cloud and cloud says he never heard of him.
- nanaki and his dad
- cid never achieving his dream
- cloud in the temple of ancients
- aerith death
- aerith parents story
- sephiroth fake truth and puppet cloud
- yuffie talking about wutai
- vincent past
- zack past

Stiltzkin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
- pillar destruction
- nibelheim
- zack parents asking for any news about their son to cloud and cloud says he never heard of him.
- nanaki and his dad
- cid never achieving his dream
- cloud in the temple of ancients
- aerith death
- aerith parents story
- sephiroth fake truth and puppet cloud
- yuffie talking about wutai
- vincent past
- zack past
Prof. Gast and Ifalna's video journals were pretty sad to watch, yeah.

- Cloud's childhood
- Cloud's wheelchair movement when he's heavily poisoned
- Fort Condor bird RIP

The whole game is just dripping with melancholy.

Stiltzkin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of wheelcloud, in the original if you speak to him while he's like that, he mentions Xenogears in his babbling. Would be cool if in the remake they make him babble about Spira just to further fuel the "same universe" fire
To be fair, the only people capable of making any sense of Xenogears' story were probably also heavily under the influence. The rest of us were like Tifa.

jkjk I enjoyed Xenogears well enough.