• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6259g.jpg

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
So, bets on anything new this Monday? I say no (as in, no new trailer or anything. TGS is 25 days or so away, so hey).

But at least we'll have new demo impressions. Seeing as there's a shitton of demo stations, will they still have their "no cameras allowed" rule?

I am thinking the opposite, I think we will get a new trailer and gameplay since they are going massive with the demo stations.

TGS will get the same trailers but in Japanese.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I am thinking the opposite, I think we will get a new trailer and gameplay since they are going massive with the demo stations.

TGS will get the same trailers but in Japanese.
They almost never do that. When they release a trailer at an event, they always release it both English and Japanese version at the same time.
TGS will get a new trailer different from gamescom (if gamescom gets a new trailer)

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
They almost never do that. When they release a trailer at an event, they always release it both English and Japanese version at the same time.
TGS will get a new trailer different from gamescom (if gamescom gets a new trailer)
We probably get a new trailer for each event

I think they'll show different things, but neither will be substantial. Different parts of Midgar in each trailer, but the show floor demo will the same as the E3 one at both shows.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Red not being playable in this would be fucking bullshit and something I can sadly see happening. If he isn't playable then a lot of my hype for this will be gone in all honesty.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
We probably get a new trailer for each event

I think they'll show different things, but neither will be substantial. Different parts of Midgar in each trailer, but the show floor demo will the same as the E3 one at both shows.
There is no reason for anyone to need to play beyond the first hour or two until reviews/release. I suspect it will be the same demo through every event including GC and TGS. If we are lucky, it will be public by christmas.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any recent news leading into thinking that?

None that I know of. Mostly just speculation based off the previous page where people were debating if he'd be playable or not seeing as we'd theoretically meet him by the end of the game and SE might not bother with making him playable for an hour or two of the game.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
less than 12 hours left until Gamescom live stream.
The fact that Shinji Hashimoto didn't RT anything related to this event makes me think FF7R won't show up at the event..

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
less than 12 hours left until Gamescom live stream.
The fact that Shinji Hashimoto didn't RT anything related to this event makes me think FF7R won't show up at the event..
That's a legit bummer, Hashimoto is usually one of the key signs that something is going down. I guess with Barret's VA accidentally letting slip about TGS, that's probably the next place we'll see it.

Still got my fingers crossed for Gamescom though.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
That have to show something, they can't have so many demo stations and not have a trailer or news.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, the fact that we haven't gotten any "movement" by S-E people (like before the SoP) nor a word from Geoff in his teases for the event tells me that the S-E presence in the conference is probably for Avengers and/or Babylon's Fall.
That have to show something, they can't have so many demo stations and not have a trailer or news.
It's not the same I guess (as it was more of a presentation for the Chinese market after an English/Japanese-only one at E3), but they had demos in Hong Kong and nothing new happened. They can definitely have the demos and nothing more.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
The postive impressions from the demo will carry the momentum till TGS.

They don't really need a new trailer now.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently no Avengers at gamescom live show.
I still expect something smaller, like FF8 remaster trailer with release date or something.

Ketaya

Oct 25, 2017
Berlin
Guys it's just going to be Life is Strange Episode 4, their twitter account already said the trailer is released later today in the evening, which lines up perfectly with the live show:

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Red XIII could be playable. Even if his time in Midgar is short in the original, through the "natural" lengthening of the remake (as in, they do seem to be all in on making this experience as seamless as possible and as such there will be more ground to cover with Red XIII in the party), even without any additional new elements (outside of the connective tissue), we would have more time with him in Midgar. And then consider the possibility of them adding stuff to expand on that part even more and it doesn't have to mean that Red XIII is only there for, like, 2 battles.

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
Why would a character that is introduced as a playable character in Midgar won't be introduced as a playable character focused on midgar... stop reaching.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Why would a character that is introduced as a playable character in Midgar won't be introduced as a playable character focused on midgar... stop reaching.
People think he's in it for such a short time that it could be a bit of a waste of time creating a playable Red XIII for the first part of the remake if we only get to play as him for 30 minutes.

Oct 30, 2017
There are people who are seriously questioning if Red XIII will be playable or not?

A main character in a section where he was introduced like the rest of the main characters ...

Sometimes I just don't understand how some builds up their predictions here.

Oct 25, 2017
How is Red XIII not going to be a playable character? He's part of the main cast and he's introduced in Shinra HQ.

SE will probably just have the E3 demo playable for attendees at this event. TGS seems more likely. It's next month right?

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
People think he's in it for such a short time that it could be a bit of a waste of time creating a playable Red XIII for the first part of the remake if we only get to play as him for 30 minutes.

Well, technically it wouldn't be a waste since the assets, programming and design would be reused in the following parts. It would just be really, really weird.

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
They're trying to pad a 3-4 hour section into a full 30 hour experiene. I doubt it'll equate to 30 minutes in the remake, and even if it were just 30 minutes and don't see how it's a "waste".

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Well, technically it wouldn't be a waste since the assets, programming and design would be reused in the following parts. It would just be really, really weird.
I didn't say I think it's a waste and yeah, I agree that it would just be work towards the future of the remake project as well, so not really waste. I guess you could argue it comes down to how rushed this final version of the remake (part 1) ultimately is. It has taken a long time but long development times don't always mean they've had all that time creating all the content they wanted to. If they've been struggling for the first 4 years out of 5(+) they've spend so far and then rush most of the content in the last year, that could leave them unable to give them the time to develop something as major as a whole different playable character that would be in the game for a relatively short time right at the end and they might come up with some explanation why Red XIII won't fight in the first part yet (say, Red XIII is too injured to fight or something). I'm not expecting this to happen, but something like this COULD explain why Red XIII wouldn't be playable yet.

They're trying to pad a 3-4 hour section into a full 30 hour experiene. I doubt it'll equate to 30 minutes in the remake, and even if it were just 30 minutes and don't see how it's a "waste".
I agree and said as much in an earlier post of mine just a while ago in this thread.

Adonais

Oct 29, 2017
Metaverse
Why does everyone assume the game ends when the story does? I fully expect to be able to explore Midgar post-game if they expect us to believe this is a complete game on its own. Red XIII will not be featured extensively in the story, but I believe he'll definitely become a party member after the raid on the Shinra building. They can do that without it having any bearing on the story, as most post-game content in the series has always done. After the credits roll, we load up a completed save and the game throws us back at the entrance of the Shinra building with Red XIII and all the items we've collected from the final dungeon to explore the game world as we please.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
All things point to FFVIIR to not having a big event at Gamescom and frankly that's not an issue with TGS coming in less than a month.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
What if the post credits scene is everyone gathering at the inn in Kalm, with Cloud about to tell his story? And then Part II starts immediately with the flashback.

I'd really like that.
That's why I think so, yes. Although I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Caption this one
mj1ruJb.jpg

"Marlene, I told you. You need to ID people, we can't have you serving underage customers, we'll get in trouble"
Or
"Red, for gaias sake, put Cait Sith down. I've told you 4 times now, he's not a chew toy."

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Every time the camera pans I'm like

"Damn, when we gonna get back to looking at the side of that duds head??"

Status
Not open for further replies.