• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they are already getting backlash for making the part 1 only Midgar.... and if they make Red not playable because of this reason it would bring even more backlash I feel.
I think for battle system they could just put incomplete version if they don't have time/resources, and expand on it in part 2.

Shadow_FFVI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Precisely. After we get Red XIII in the original, it's only about 30 to 45 minutes till we leave Midgar. But the bombing mission is about 15 minutes in the original compared to about an hour in the Remake, so we really don't know for how long Red XIII will be available to us before part 1 ends.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
How do we know that Shin-RA HQ won't be longer or what? Us Veterans don't know how the story is going because it is basically a reimagini.... oops. A REBOOT.

I don't get why this is being treated like a combative issue. Exactly, we don't know how they will handle it. There are all kinds of things they can do. Therefore it is a detail that many are unsure about and speculate on. If you think it will, no one is tryna get at you for it lol. I don't see why it's worth making a fuss about.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Yall need to calm down

EugZd5b.jpg

On topic:

I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the combat looks. Put me down as scared and horny.
I don't really like how much stronger some of the enemies seem like the first boss. It just seems unnecessary and a sponge. But we shall see how it goes.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
EugZd5b.jpg

On topic:

I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the combat looks. Put me down as scared and horny.
I don't really like how much stronger some of the enemies seem like the first boss. It just seems unnecessary and a sponge. But we shall see how it goes.
Well according to people who have played it, you can take it out faster if you play well exploiting weakness and so on properly..

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
EugZd5b.jpg

On topic:

Lol. I didn't start the fire.

Red is going to be there, no doubt.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
This.

Like i hope they keep a rendition of 'Those Who Fight Further' with prog rock guitars instead of going full orchestra, or that they keep the crazy synths in Jeova's themes.
I'm worried about that as the trailer music and the boss fight music all sounds like the standard orchestra fare instead of the personality and synth that FF7 should have. I'd be happy to be wrong when the game comes out. Some people have been geeking out about the PS4 theme and other stuff and it all just sounds like ambient noise to me.

The problem with the demo interpretation of the boss fight theme as well is if they keep that boss fight theme then the bombing mission melodies that are woven into it will be in every boss fight moving forward. Things like the Fight Faster interpretation in the first trailers as well make me worried for what was a very significant piece of gaming music being basically turned into the equivalent of a typical Hans Zimmer OST. I love me some Hans Zimmer, but that's not what I like the soundtrack of FF7 for.

Again though, happy to be wrong, but what I've heard so far is...less than encouraging.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I wouldn't be terribly disappointed or surprised if Red XIII isn't playable, given his placement in the Midgar story.

Though it would be kind of cool to have a whole new party member for post-game content. Sort of as a preview for what's to come, gameplay-wise.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
I can't help but feel that petting Nanaki would be kind of weird.

I really do hope we see him playable at TGS though. His whole situation is precisely why I always thought the first part would go to Junon.

Hahaha. I don't think we'd ever really pet him, that's just a joke.

I'm really interested in how he plays, because after looking at how fun Tifa looks to play as I can't wait to see what they do with Red. He's a personal favorite of mine from VII and he's always in my party until Cid joins. (Cloud, Yuffie, Cid for life.)

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Hahaha. I don't think we'd ever really pet him, that's just a joke.

I'm really interested in how he plays, because after looking at how fun Tifa looks to play as I can't wait to see what they do with Red. He's a personal favorite of mine from VII and he's always in my party until Cid joins. (Cloud, Yuffie, Cid for life.)

Yeah, he's awesome. I want to see his whole story and presence get heavily expanded as well. I want Part 2 to go from the Kalm flashback to the discovery of intact Nibelheim for the bookending factor, but also because that would mean Cosmo Canyon would be the final area of a game and would probably be given a great deal of attention.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Red XIII is really in the later parts in the Remake then maybe we won't see him playable in any trailers.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm worried about that as the trailer music and the boss fight music all sounds like the standard orchestra fare instead of the personality and synth that FF7 should have. I'd be happy to be wrong when the game comes out. Some people have been geeking out about the PS4 theme and other stuff and it all just sounds like ambient noise to me.

The problem with the demo interpretation of the boss fight theme as well is if they keep that boss fight theme then the bombing mission melodies that are woven into it will be in every boss fight moving forward. Things like the Fight Faster interpretation in the first trailers as well make me worried for what was a very significant piece of gaming music being basically turned into the equivalent of a typical Hans Zimmer OST. I love me some Hans Zimmer, but that's not what I like the soundtrack of FF7 for.

Again though, happy to be wrong, but what I've heard so far is...less than encouraging.
Considering the game takes place only in Midgar, there's a fairly limited number of tracks from the original game they can rearrange, so I'd imagine we'll get plenty of variations/arrangements of themes from the original game (especially when it comes to battles/bosses) and probably even completely new themes/tracks to fill out the OST for the duration of the remake that is supposedly as volumous as a single mainline FF. Usually FF OSTs are 3-4CDs, I imagine the remake will be the same, perhaps a little lighter.

Soooo... I doubt the game only has one rendition of boss music and that every boss would play the theme from the scorpion boss or anything.

Macnair

Oct 27, 2017
Wishlist for the TGS update:
-render of Red XIII or maybe a confirmation he's in the game.
-hours of gameplay
-how summons work in the game
-see more gameplay
-demo

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
So far the only things confirmed for TGS are:

-playable demo booth (presumably same demo as E3 just in Japanese)
-real-size Hardy-Daytona and buster sword display for photo spot
-a trailer
-will show Shinra guys (probably Turks)
-no live stage show for Square Enix booth stuff

It's still possible they might have live stage show for Sony since Sony haven't announced the stage show line up.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
RedXIII would make sense as a later reveal. Turks come in earlier so it makes sense if TGS trailer is focuses on them now that E3 and post-E3 has been all about the initial hour or two.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I really would like a slice of exploration and to show me how the game is actually expanded from the original (like, if there are areas we can visit freely, if there are sidequests to take on at will, etc.) but maybe these are things for later closer to release.

I also want synths and funk.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Considering the game takes place only in Midgar, there's a fairly limited number of tracks from the original game they can rearrange, so I'd imagine we'll get plenty of variations/arrangements of themes from the original game (especially when it comes to battles/bosses) and probably even completely new themes/tracks to fill out the OST for the duration of the remake that is supposedly as volumous as a single mainline FF. Usually FF OSTs are 3-4CDs, I imagine the remake will be the same, perhaps a little lighter.

Soooo... I doubt the game only has one rendition of boss music and that every boss would play the theme from the scorpion boss or anything.
One can hope! I can't predict Square these days so that's why I make sure to preface everything with I could be very off base.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I won't be surprised if they move RedXIII's recruitment to an earlier point, maybe have the rescue of him and Aerith take place earlier. They can always come up with another reason for them to go to Shinra Tower. I also won't be surprised if they pull some of the plot points and development of Shinra characters from the later parts of the game forward to this game either.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
They better do my main man Rufus right.

And they better have a properly sleazy-looking Reno and not the disgrace that AC Reno is.

I think I said this before for TGS, but I can see them releasing a Shinra group CG render like that 2013 FF XV one. But I also was betting on Red revealed during TGS and I'm not so sure anymore. I guess Jump Festa/TGA could be good places for that if they want to wait (we've already seen Shinra HQ tho...).

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Watching the demo at Pax West (not actually getting to play it), the boss fight doesn't look all that fun. The people demoing were just hacking away at this thing for a half hour with the same basic attacks.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Watching the demo at Pax West (not actually getting to play it), the boss fight doesn't look all that fun. The people demoing were just hacking away at this thing for a half hour with the same basic attacks.

That sounds like people sucking at the game, you're supposed to be mixing it up with character changes, unique attacks, lightning magic, Limit Breaks, etc. Not to mention that it's the very first boss and you play as only 2 characters, so it's going to be a bit simpler.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Don't you get your first summon after Midgar in the original?
yeah but we already have summon confirmed with preorder stuff, so summon system is in there.
It would be ass move if all the summons in the part 1 is only the ones from preorder and collector's edition.... so I expect other summons to be in the game..

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
yeah but we already have summon confirmed with preorder stuff, so summon system is in there.
It would be ass move if all the summons in the part 1 is only the ones from preorder and collector's edition.... so I expect other summons to be in the game..

Ahh you're right, forgot the preorder stuff!

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Everything we've seen so far has shown nothing but attention to detail and inclusion of basically everything we wanted (and new stuff added on top).

Why in the world would anyone think Red XIII wouldn't be here?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It'd be nice to have a nice summon showcased yeah. In any case, whenever they show the summoning system, they'll do that with Ifrit, Shiva or whatever.

I don't expect us to see the preorder, lesser ones until close to launch.

I'm expecting the summons to be more of a passive thing, either a single attack or making the creature appear for a very short period of time as a non-playable party member. But there's the problem of scale, and I'd assume some summons are going to be too big to fit some dungeons and the like.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
If they're showing the Shinra guys I wonder if the trailer is going to show completely new instances and scenes where we see them. Similar to the one with Heidegger and the Prez.

I think the Turks and Rufus will be quite involved in unexpected ways in the first game.

I hope they give Rufus some good depth and focus, he'd make a great final boss (although I don't know when. I guess they could always take the Motorball away and have his duel with Cloud as the final battle. Or make him chase them but I don't like the sound of that).

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure Red XIII makes a point in the original FFVII of how
Areith used to pet his head and he hated it but started to miss it when she was gone.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah, well you need to manage resources between the two characters to stack on the stagger bar. It's very much a switching heavy combat system, something which takes time to actually understand

Like I was halfway through the scorpion fight before I noticed that the character you control charges ATB more quickly, up until then it was a dull mashfest. Then I was using Barett as a caster and Cloud as was saving his ATB for big finishers. It's got a lot going on for a ten minute thing

Status
Not open for further replies.