• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Consdering the way the music is being used in FF7R, it's impossible to do a such thing.

RE2 Remake changes its entire sound design to incorporate the classic music if you choose that option, so there is precedent, but I doubt they'll do so.
Still, like it was there, it'd still be an interesting bonus if they chose to do so.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Sure there has probably been a lot of things they've removed from this remake along its development but it's not realistic to expect/demand they would/should have removed the Keepers of Fate after they revealed them maybe about half a year before the game will go gold and mere months before the game should be content complete with everything locked down that is going to be in the game. Maybe if they had shown them at E3 2018 but even then these are people who follow their vision, not fan whining.

Like, maybe Part 2 will have less of them if no one likes their inclusion and they get a lot of negative feedback but they seem like things that Part 1 has had locked down pretty firmly for quite a while.
Unfortunately I'm concerned the Keepers of fate is their bullshit way to save Aeris' fate and guess they think Aeris death is too well known, some bullshit logic like the ending in the Planet of the Apes remake. The hourglass can tilt the other way.

They should definitely honor the souce material though which was written to reflect the feelings of the writer who wanted the story to reflect his own personal feelings of accepting grief and loss.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Waiting for the "Inspired by Final Fantasy 7 Remake" album announcement from SquareEnix any day now

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
An unprecedented Florence x Gackt x Utada collaboration.
I mean that sounds like a ballad I can get behind!

I hope Utada sings the ending theme.

She's so synonymous with Kingdom Hearts that I wonder if they will get her for it. I'm so out of the j-pop loop these days I have no idea who would be a good fit. I listen to aiko a lot but her music doesn't really fit.

it's kinda guaranteed that we will have some sort of vocal track right? When was the last time an FF game didn't have one?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Unfortunately I'm concerned the Keepers of fate is their bullshit way to save Aeris' fate and guess they think Aeris death is too well known, some bullshit logic like the ending in the Planet of the Apes remake. The hourglass can tilt the other way.

They should definitely honor the souce material though which was written to reflect the feelings of the writer who wanted the story to reflect his own personal feelings of accepting grief and loss.

Pretty much. In fact when Sakaguchi admitted during FF7's development he lost his mother and one of the central themes he wanted to include in the game was dealing with the loss of a loved one.

To remove this aspect would undermine one of the central themes established for the game. Sakaguchi may no longer be at Square but one of core storytelling themes of when we die and we return to earth (for FF7 that being returning to the Lifestream) this is something I don't think should be ignored.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much. In fact when Sakaguchi admitted during FF7's development he lost his mother and one of the central themes he wanted to include in the game was dealing with the loss of a loved one.

To remove this aspect would undermine one of the central themes established for the game. Sakaguchi may no longer be at Square but one of core storytelling themes of when we die and we return to earth (for FF7 that being returning to the Lifestream) this is something I don't think should be ignored.
he lost his mother during ff3, but the rest is right

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

All the writers of FF7 are on this except the guuch. And the keepers of fate are originally translated as "voices of the planet". People speculate that this is a reusing of a scrapped concept that was planned for FF7

Saleal

May 24, 2019
So this character profile for Barret on the FF7 Remake site

The leader of an independent Avalanche cell in Midgar, Barret was disavowed by the old guard for his extreme methods that attracted too much attention. He subsequently came to Midgar, where he resolved to continue to pursue his vendetta against Shinra with a small but trusted group of followers. When not fighting against the corporation, he and his comrades serve in the neighborhood watch and keep the people safe─including his daughter Marlene, who he dotes on as a loving father.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
She's so synonymous with Kingdom Hearts that I wonder if they will get her for it. I'm so out of the j-pop loop these days I have no idea who would be a good fit. I listen to aiko a lot but her music doesn't really fit.

it's kinda guaranteed that we will have some sort of vocal track right? When was the last time an FF game didn't have one?
I would be shocked if the game didn't have vocal ending theme. I can't remember the last time mainline FF game didn't have vocal theme song.

Oct 30, 2017
Hope we get a banger!

And all this "concern" about Aerith and the Watchers of Fate is kinda unnecessary. They aren't changing going to change one of the biggest story beats.

I hope they expand on the glimpse you get of her when returning to the church or something. A optional secret. But I doubt they'll be messing with that whole story.

Oct 30, 2017
I can see all the future threads discussing the controversial vocal music in FFVII and how it has no place there. Then people will say if you don't like it then don't buy it! this remake ain't for you. You can go play the non vocal music game in the original ff7. Yup, there's going to be a thread lol.

Personally I don't really care what they put into it aslong as its good. What's the hang up with there being a vocal song?

Last edited:

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
good music that fits with shinra theme
let me think

or this playing in 7th heaven

i know i know they will do a pretty and calm song if they do

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
What's wrong with their inclusion? Plus nobody knows anything about them. I'm fine with additional material. Hasnt even bothered me one bit and I have faith based on the quality so far that they've made additional stuff interesting.
Apart from Aerith's brief somewhat uncharacteristic plea for help when they appear the first time, nothing so far. My theory is that they'll be something that they'll mostly use as an escalating threat in the first part so that they can offer a more significant final boss for Midgar than the robot on the highway. Like, the gang will be almost out of the city, they've beaten Shinra's forces sent after them, but then the KoF will manifest into some kind of big monster we'll have to beat before the end credits. Not sure if they'll be a major part of post Midgar saga, might get a bit old if they just keep reusing the same shadowy figures time and time again.

so far they are keeping fairly faithful to the major story beats. I don't think there's any reason to believe Aerith will be saved in the remake. Her death is pivotal to a lot of things (character arcs as well as the main story and its conclusion). To change that would be to tell a wholly different story. Nah, I think they just feel that the game needs some extra excitement/tension from a threat other than what the OG game has because they can't just keep throwing the Turks, Shinra troops & robots, or plot irrelevant monsters at the player for 25-30+ hours now and even more in future instalments.

Oct 30, 2017
Apart from Aerith's brief somewhat uncharacteristic plea for help when they appear the first time, nothing so far. My theory is that they'll be something that they'll mostly use as an escalating threat in the first part so that they can offer a more significant final boss for Midgar than the robot on the highway. Like, the gang will be almost out of the city, they've beaten Shinra's forces sent after them, but then the KoF will manifest into some kind of big monster we'll have to beat before the end credits. Not sure if they'll be a major part of post Midgar saga, might get a bit old if they just keep reusing the same shadowy figures time and time again.

so far they are keeping fairly faithful to the major story beats. I don't think there's any reason to believe Aerith will be saved in the remake. Her death is pivotal to a lot of things (character arcs as well as the main story and its conclusion). To change that would be to tell a wholly different story. Nah, I think they just feel that the game needs some extra excitement/tension from a threat other than what the OG game has because they can't just keep throwing the Turks, Shinra troops & robots, or plot irrelevant monsters at the player for 25-30+ hours now and even more in future instalments.

Yeah I agree, be interesting to see what they're all about. Its strange how it starts with Aeirth only seeing them, to later cloud and avalanche are fighting dozens of them. Someone commented on the analysis video that they think it's a dream sequence in that part of the trailer. Which seemed plausible given the analysis video and discussion around that section.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017

Sakaguchi may not be the main writer but he helped come with some of the story ideas and I hope that's honoured.
All the writers of FF7 are on this except the guuch. And the keepers of fate are originally translated as "voices of the planet". People speculate that this is a reusing of a scrapped concept that was planned for FF7
It reminds of in sci fi, when there's sometimes a watcher type character or man in black who represent a character's fate, that's why I'm worried their a means to have an Aeris survive twist.

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sakaguchi may not be the main writer but he helped come with some of the story ideas and I hope that's honoured.

It reminds of in sci fi, when there's sometimes a watcher type character or man in black who represent a character's fate, that's why I'm worried their a means to have an Aeris survive twist.
aerith already is yoda/obi-wan ghost

msia2k75

Nov 1, 2017

Honestly, if they are thinking pulling some crap like that, Square should think of closing their shop down altogether.

msia2k75

Nov 1, 2017
RE2 Remake changes its entire sound design to incorporate the classic music if you choose that option, so there is precedent, but I doubt they'll do so.
Still, like it was there, it'd still be an interesting bonus if they chose to do so.

Did RE2Remake incorporate dynamically changing music following the situations like in FF7R (like in the Mako reactor section or the Guard Scorpion battle)?

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Did RE2Remake incorporate dynamically changing music following the situations like in FF7R (like in the Mako reactor section or the Guard Scorpion battle)?

Yes, things like the escape and several boss themes consisted of multiple progressing layers that dynamically changed - in addition to the many areas that now used music with the original OST on that previously used environmental ambience without it, those dynamic tracks were replaced with their original PS1 equivalents.

Mapping that approach to the FF7 remake, you'd either have the battle theme cutting in instead of playing a variation of the area theme (more like KH), or in certain situations just ignoring the need for a dynamic shift altogether. It'd definitely be more work, but that's why if it were to happen it'd have been justifiable as paid DLC / a CE bonus rather than a base option.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going through some old E3 2015 commentary I think I have the OT for the remake, first ten seconds.

FF7R: The Second Coming.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Going through some old E3 2015 commentary I think I have the OT for the remake, first ten seconds.

FF7R: The Second Coming.

I know it's too early but I'd go with the obvious "Final Fantasy VII Remake OT Part 1" then when it reaches the second thread "Final Fantasy VII Remake OT Part 1 Part 2"

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
So, which is best to someone how doesn´t have a PS4? Buying a PS4 for FFVII and other great games out there (DMC5, Spiderman, all the Assassins Creed´s. Shadow of the Colossus, GoW,...), or wait until PS5 which I believe would play PS4 games?

Oct 30, 2017
Japan
Baseless speculation....

They're gonna expand Sephiroth's destruction and make him destroy most of Midgar. He'll be the last boss of part 1 and you fight him for a lil bit too before he escapes/moves on.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Baseless speculation....

They're gonna expand Sephiroth's destruction and make him destroy most of Midgar. He'll be the last boss of part 1 and you fight him for a lil bit too before he escapes/moves on.
I think this is happening because VIIRemake should make a mark for the first game. It should have new and old things happen as well as some epic moments.

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
They probably do need to change the last fight of Midgar, even if they make the highway chase an incredible set piece, the final boss being a random mechanical enemy you've never seen before would be a bit of a let down.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They probably do need to change the last fight of Midgar, even if they make the highway chase an incredible set piece, the final boss being a random mechanical enemy you've never seen before would be a bit of a let down.

Johnny or whatever is never going to be the final boss of part 1. The final boss will be President Rufus or JENOVA at best, or a Sephiroth clone at worse.

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Johnny or whatever is never going to be the final boss of part 1. The final boss will be President Rufus or JENOVA at best, or a Sephiroth clone at worse.

Rufus would be cool, but i don't know how they'd do it. I guess they could have Cloud and him have their iconic fight on the roof of Shinra HQ, then have round 2 at the end of the highway with the full squad.

Oct 30, 2017
Japan
There's this piece of art too that they've used a bit in promo.

3273E008F3ABFF282E1E5A879DDED9BBA10BF2D8

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake is playable at the Sony booth at Brazil Game Show. The same demo as always though.

Status
Not open for further replies.