• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Final Fantasy VII multiverse. Happening.

tumblr_opjo82BPlu1sq41kno1_r1_500.gif

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Forum starting to look like early 2000s ones with all of the Cloud and Sephiroth avatars lol

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I am so glad there are great Aerith images I can use for avatar.
It was annoying how Advent Children era had so many images hiding Aerith's face...

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Sooo funny thing, i just saw the "Longplay" Video of FF7.

4:11 Midgar ends.
8:20 Nibelheim

Which leads me basically to this assumption:

Part 2 will start with the Flashback of Cloud and Sephiroth on the back of the Car driving to Nibelheim.
Part 2 will END after Nibelheim.

Which is think is a great Way to start and end the game. Not sure if they will imlement Vincen this late in the game though.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Hm, I just realized that what Sephiroth said to Cloud at the end of the trailer. Half of it sounds like what Zack said to Cloud after he saved him.

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
I could see Part 1: the story of Midgar
Part 2: the story of saving the whole world.

(Hoping for just one crazy big ass open world game after this one lol)

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017

tenor.gif

Interesting tidbit from Ben about the classic FF fanfare playing with echoes and stuff whenever Cloud is having one of his episodes.

I wonder if that's gonna have a deeper meaning to it or not.

Final Fantasy VII multiverse. Happening.

oh goddddddddd

don't even

Rebuild of Final Fantasy VII.
Final Fantasy VII: 1. 0 - You Will (Not) Leave Midgar
Final Fantasy VII: 2.0 - You Can (Not) Explore The Overworld Map
Final Fantasy VII: 3.0 - You Can (Not) Revive Aerith
Final Fantasy VII: 3.0 + 1.0 - ???

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'm assuming it was said before.

But I LOVE the way named attacks appear over the character or enemy when activated. Like "Laser Tail" with the Guard Scorpion or "Focused Shot" with Barret.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
(most popular) game of the year awards are maximum irrelevance. will be cool to compare the city in cp2077 to midgar though lol

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nice to see all the FFVII love in the topic about what games sold you this E3.

They really knocked it out the park with this demo. If only Kitase could learn to limit what he says to the press lol

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Nice to see all the FFVII love in the topic about what games sold you this E3.

They really knocked it out the park with this demo. If only Kitase could learn to limit what he says to the press lol
Man from some of the other threads are crazy, negativity was/is super high. It's interesting to see it all

Can't think of a game I'm more excited for to be honest. It's the only 100% buy for me right now.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Can't wait to see the Turks. The bomb on the plate support is going to be a crazy looking set piece if the scorpion fight is anything to go by.

latest

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
As much as I am hyped for FF7R, I don't think it will be that into GOTY contention.
It will be more between Cyberpunk and TLOU2.

Hmm, maybe. All the articles I'm reading are filled with extremely positive comments about the gameplay and character interactions - it seems like, as hyped as a lot of people were for FFVIIR for nostalgic reasons, the actual game has really stepped up to meet that hype in a way that many were not expecting. And I say that as someone who is incredibly excited for TLOU2 and Cyberpunk (even if I might not bother with the latter until I can play it on PS5).

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Man from some of the other threads are crazy, negativity was/is super high. It's interesting to see it all

Can't think of a game I'm more excited for to be honest. It's the only 100% buy for me right now.
I don't see much or any negativity for the trailer and gameplay footage.

Some just can't accept that the remake is its own thing.

Hands-on impressions are also super positive.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, maybe. All the articles I'm reading are filled with extremely positive comments about the gameplay and character interactions - it seems like, as hyped as a lot of people were for FFVIIR for nostalgic reasons, the actual game has really stepped up to meet that hype in a way that many were not expecting. And I say that as someone who is incredibly excited for TLOU2 and Cyberpunk (even if I might not bother with the latter until I can play it on PS5).
My hype is through the roof right now but we still have a lot to see. Like how does exploration work or interaction with NPC's for instance.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
well this e3 showcase has been very fulfilling. Tifa is just
d96.jpg
. Everything they have shown was perfect.
One thing that truly got me was the scale of Midgar, really sells me on why they chose to make the first part just this city.
We've truly come a long way.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

They have truly captured the scale of this megacity
Where's the third gif from?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see much or any negativity for the trailer and gameplay footage.

Some just can't accept that the remake is its own thing.

Hands-on impressions are also super positive.

Or maybe they don't want the thing the remake has turned out to be. Some people actually want to see the whole party and not be forced to use a tiny fraction of it for an entire game and then have to pay full price a second time to get anyone actually interesting to use in battle. Some people are frustrated that all the good parts of VII are now stuck behind a second or even a third paywall. Some are frustrated that they won't get to see any interesting or unique locations for the entire game because every cool location, fun minigame and iconic boss battle is after Midgar.

Like, I get it, you liked the gameplay footage. But this idea that people are wrong for not being enthused by the idea of a remake of a 20-year old game being a $200+, 10-year juggernaut whose first part doesn't even get to the title drop before bailing out is silly.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Or maybe they don't want the thing the remake has turned out to be. Some people actually want to see the whole party and not be forced to use a tiny fraction of it for an entire game and then have to pay full price a second time to get anyone actually interesting to use in battle. Some people are frustrated that all the good parts of VII are now stuck behind a second or even a third paywall. Some are frustrated that they won't get to see any interesting or unique locations for the entire game because every cool location, fun minigame and iconic boss battle is after Midgar.

Like, I get it, you liked the gameplay footage. But this idea that people are wrong for not being enthused by the idea of a remake of a 20-year old game being a $200+, 10-year juggernaut whose first part doesn't even get to the title drop before bailing out is silly.

All of that has been know for years .
I really don't see why it so hard for some people to accept.
This is not the remake some of you wanted but that has been know since they said there were making the remake begin with.
Part 1 is coming out next year so people either buy or don't we long past the point where anything going to change .

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
All of that has been know for years .
I really don't see why it so hard for some people to accept.
This is not the remake some of you wanted but that has been know since they said there were making the remake begin with.
Part 1 is coming out next year so people either buy or don't we long past the point where anything going to change .

If part 1 ended at Junon or even Kalm, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's not too much to ask to want to see some of the actual world in part 1.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

I am seeing alot of assumptions.

They can create new squadmates, locales, minigames and boss battles for the remake. Its not a 1:1 remake, there will be lots of new stuff.

TBF I don't even want to defend square enix, their output over the last decade has been mediocre imo. Its just that the footage released so far has shown to me that they are taking this remake seriously.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
If part 1 ended at Junon or even Kalm, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's not too much to ask to want to see some of the actual world in part 1.
You aren't interested in a conversation my friend. It's been two days now and you're still saying the same thing.

I understand, you don't like what you see and that's fine but it isn't changing and all we are getting is Midgar. Not telling you to love it or buy it, but this isn't a conversation. It's you shouting your disappointment at people, completely rejecting any type of discussion.

FF7 is the most important game in my life, it changed a lot for me. So I understand where you are coming from. But we should see more and see how they've expanded things over the next few months to release. But you've already made your mind up.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

It's it to much to ask to see how part 1 is before you say it's a bad choice.
We had this same thing when they said they were changing the battle system .
Now we see they have a good mid way point for both groups and battle system will have more to it than old game.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People need to stop treating this as a 1:1 remake. People commenting what they aren't going to see in this part... That doesn't matter. This a reimagining of a cult favourite and is being split into different parts.

What we have been shown looks amazing and I can't wait to just get to experience midgar and the characters in whatever way SE have decided.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Aside from some minor things so far, it's much more a 1:1 remake than most people were expecting I think.

I've stopped caring that much about the part split but I think it will feel a bit weird to have them expand Midgar as much as they presumably are going to and have the rest of the game be relatively vanilla (assuming it is, but for the sake of not having so many parts, I don't imagine large expansions for other areas)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's it to much to ask to see how part 1 is before you say it's a bad choice.
We had this same thing when they said they were changing the battle system .
Now we see they have a good mid way point for both groups and battle system will have more to it than old game.

The ultra-limited party is part of what stings the most. Barret looks absolutely awful to use in combat and having the player only have four options for party members for an entire game just feels confusing, like they originally planned to go further than they are and then just cut everything where a fifth party member would be usable.

What's the point of even having a character selection choice if you only have four characters? Just bring them all out at once.

It's going to be interesting to see if this is because of length or more of an uncompressed data thing

It'll probably be an install disc/play disc thing like RDR2 had. They probably want to avoid an hour-long installation up front like XV had.

Status
Not open for further replies.