• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this was already shared or not but the CE is on display and this thing is quite impressive.

Ironic that it's posted by "Cheap Ass Gamer" lol.

Guys what is happening, i literally cannot stop thinking about this since Monday.
Before i was 10/10 excited of course, but also kinda worried.
Now my brain remembers moments from the game like "Oh man i wonder how climbing the Wall will look like" and then goes "OHMYGODHOLYFUCKINGSHITTHEFUCKINGWALLDUUUUUUUUUDE".

Yeah I think of a part of Midgar and how it will look in this remake and I go all giddy.

Really want to see Wall Market and all those interiors.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how building up the stagger bar will work. In FFXIII you needed magic to raise the bar, and regular atacks to stabilize it.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
JW7VAjH.gif
Fire & Magic

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys what is happening, i literally cannot stop thinking about this since Monday.
Before i was 10/10 excited of course, but also kinda worried.
Now my brain remembers moments from the game like "Oh man i wonder how climbing the Wall will look like" and then goes "OHMYGODHOLYFUCKINGSHITTHEFUCKINGWALLDUUUUUUUUUDE".

Tbh we are imagining so much awesome things they are doing with the locations we saw of Midgar in the original game but the truth is they will do even more with the unexplored locations of the original. This game will be much more than what we are expecting.

Oct 28, 2017
I am going to guess that they'll move the Nibelhiem flashback storytelling that Cloud does into this first game. I'm okay with them shuffling parts like that if it lets them make more coherent games.

Venuslulu

Oct 28, 2017
The official Remake Twitter is teasing a Kitase interview for next week, and provides some bit of info

Most importantly is sounds like the PR team has wrangled him away from the vague and concerning comments he gave regarding Part 2, offering us a clearer and more encouraging answer.

So as thought, they do have a rough plan and the work on Part 2 will be more efficient due to the already established workflow.

So they already have internal roadmaps which I've already guessed and stated in other ff7 remake threads. Kitase and SE ain't going to fuck up this cash cow. They'll throw every body and resource possible to not tarnish the ff7 IP.

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I think the 2 Blu-Ray strategy is effective on multiple levels

-Japan isn't big on digital, so this will help over there
-Makes it easier to understand that this isn't a small episodic game
-Nostalgia and the impression of a "big game".

Alot of games are well over 50GBs, but they just have you download the rest because they don't want to eat the cost of an extra blu ray disc. It's kind of unbelievable how well Square Enix has handled the marketing of the game this week.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Glad he's getting his chance. Max is such a real fan. And I say that because a lot of those reaction vids seem so staged but you can always see the joy Max has for VII plane as day. He radiates it.

I'm happy for him too.

Max's stuff honestly helped me get out of the headspace that I was dumb or lame or whatever to think FFVII is the best FF bar none. Was getting bombarded left and right by edgelord conversations about how FFVII was actually bad or that nostalgia was the only reason anyone liked it. So glad to have ejected that horseshit out of my mind.

Oct 25, 2017
I got a hot take here.

I would be ok with them turning Cait sith into just the cat companion that doesn't participate in battle but is still part of the story or something. Maybe permanently rides on red 13 like advent children. He has the moogle when you meet him, but ditches it when he joins you.

Dunno, he was just this weird thing that never really felt part of Ff7. Yes, I know who he is, but I'd get rid of the moogle and keep the cat and keep him part of the story.

Venuslulu

Oct 28, 2017
I think the 2 Blu-Ray strategy is effective on multiple levels

-Japan isn't big on digital, so this will help over there
-Makes it easier to understand that this isn't a small episodic game
-Nostalgia and the impression of a "big game".

Alot of games are well over 50GBs, but they just have you download the rest because they don't want to eat the cost of an extra blu ray disc. It's kind of unbelievable how well Square Enix has handled the marketing of the game this week.

I can see the whole 2 Blu-Ray situation being part of their internal marketing strategy on the game's perception. Especially for Japan. Whether this or true or not it's definitely working.

I got a hot take here.

I would be ok with them turning Cait sith into just the cat companion that doesn't participate in battle but is still part of the story or something. Maybe permanently rides on red 13 like advent children

Dunno, he was just this weird thing that never really felt part of Ff7. Yes, I know who he is, but I'd get rid of the moogle and keep the cat and keep him part of the story.

I agree with this hot take. Like I can see them do campy jokes and stuff but once you touch Cait Sith shit I just have no comprehension how it wouldn't break the tone.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The official Remake Twitter is teasing a Kitase interview for next week, and provides some bit of info

Most importantly is sounds like the PR team has wrangled him away from the vague and concerning comments he gave regarding Part 2, offering us a clearer and more encouraging answer.

So as thought, they do have a rough plan and the work on Part 2 will be more efficient due to the already established workflow.

It's as most of us expected.

Dudes on here are quick with the negativity, hot takes and lame jokes. It should have been common sense.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... do you think they call part 2 "Final Fantasy VII Remake 2"

I feel like thats the most Square Enix thing to do.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm really surprised Star Wars is that high.

Everything I've seen about that game seems very underwhelming.

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Here's total likes, unfortunately it's not combining the trailers like the total views one does.

Cyberpunk is going to be a monster.

DXLelouch24

Oct 28, 2017
I'm happy for him too.

Max's stuff honestly helped me get out of the headspace that I was dumb or lame or whatever to think FFVII is the best FF bar none. Was getting bombarded left and right by edgelord conversations about how FFVII was actually bad or that nostalgia was the only reason anyone liked it. So glad to have ejected that horseshit out of my mind.
It's tied with 6 imo, but that's cause I just really love Terra(also Kefkas a great villain)

Vigamox

Nov 13, 2017
Glad he's getting his chance. Max is such a real fan. And I say that because a lot of those reaction vids seem so staged but you can always see the joy Max has for VII plain as day. He radiates it.
I'm actually curious what that Nomura-designed shirt looks like. I went in yesterday, but they made no mention of the shirts at all during the screening/demo, and I haven't seen them floating around online either.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm actually curious what that Nomura-designed shirt looks like. I went in yesterday, but they made no mention of the shirts at all during the screening/demo, and I haven't seen them floating around online either.

it's kind of not clear if everyone gets one in the selected group, or just an individual shot at it? If Max wins it though, he'll almost surely wear that thing as much as he can lol

Brought this up in Discord, but check out her expression when Cloud tells her to "get going".

She doesn't look scared, but determined. This leads me to believe this is the part where Cloud and Tifa send her off to pick up Marlene. She isn't being sent away because she can't fight. In fact, she has her staff out looking ready to fight her way to 7th Heaven.
Is there still an ERA FF discord? I was in it for like a minute last year but must have left cause it's not in my server list anymore lol. I'd give it another shot if it's still going.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that it's very possible that FF7 Remake and Avengers could be the best selling games in the history of Square Enix, and release within a couple of months of each other.

Avengers i'm confident will be #1, that game is going to make alot of money, they have to pay a license fee though.

Brought this up in Discord, but check out her expression when Cloud tells her to "get going".

She doesn't look scared, but determined. This leads me to believe this is the part where Cloud and Tifa send her off to pick up Marlene. She isn't being sent away because she can't fight. In fact, she has her staff out looking ready to fight her way to 7th Heaven.
Yeah they even show her in the battle in the sewer boss (alps?)

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Thanks to this thread from Reddit, here's the control layout for the demo:
ow07vu4zlz331.jpg

Wish S-E would upload a walkthrough :/ Really want to see those interactions and the Scorpion battle in an acceptable resolution.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it's kind of not clear if everyone gets one in the selected group, or just an individual shot at it? If Max wins it though, he'll almost surely wear that thing as much as he can lol

Is there still an ERA FF discord? I was in it for like a minute last year but must have left cause it's not in my server list anymore lol. I'd give it another shot if it's still going.

I don't know the specifics but supposedly they've chosen to keep the discord independent from ERA. I don't know if they're still accepting invites.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this has been asked a lot, but what is the best way to play 7 right now?
I was thinking PC or Switch.

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this has been asked a lot, but what is the best way to play 7 right now?
I was thinking PC or Switch.

The steam, PS4, Switch, and XBO versions all have the 3x speed option which is absolutely game changing. I'll never go back to the PS1 version after playing it, feels like im playing in slow motion.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

Even with this, I don't expect to see Part 2 release until sometime in 2023. Especially considering the potential shift to open world and just how many environments they'll need to create. Speaking of, would this second part make it all the way through to the end of the original disc 1?

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Even with this, I don't expect to see Part 2 release until sometime in 2023. Especially considering the potential shift to open world and just how many environments they'll need to create. Speaking of, would this second part make it all the way through to the end of the original disc 1?

If i had to guess.

Game 1-Focus on building the foundation of the game (thats why they're focusing on Midgar to make things easier)
Game 2-Focus on building the world and unique locations (close to the end of disc 1)
Game 3-Finish the story

Status
Not open for further replies.