• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is the time for the event
t1564138800z4.png

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Are we expecting anything FFVIIR from this?
The game is only a little over half a year from release. It wouldn't be totally impossible to have something significant new or at least an extended look at the stuff that was shown to the public at E3. Like, at this point of KHIII's marketing cycle, we knew (almost) all of the worlds and had had lots of trailers.

Could be a recap of E3 with or without extended look at something, could be something more.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Its going to be the japanese version of the e3 demo 🤔

Maybe
Chinese version (which will have Japanese voice). Honestly that's really good because I will be playing with JP voice anyway.

The game seems to be playable on the showfloor so we might get some off-screen footage, unless they don't allow it like they did with E3.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting that Kitase seems to be helming the press instead of Nomura at all FFVIIR events.
It's not that surprising considering how Nomura doesn't like public presence like this. He only does it when he absolutely have to, like big events like E3. I expect Kitase to be doing majority of PR for this game.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
It's not that surprising considering how Nomura doesn't like public presence like this. He only does it when he absolutely have to, like big events like E3. I expect Kitase to be doing majority of PR for this game.

He should pull a Yoko Taro and start wearing a giant Sephiroth head over his face.

Brock2621

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Nothing.... why even have this? Everyone over there will have already seen this and had it translated during E3

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I love Midgar so much too. Definitely the first place I think about when I think of FF7.

Kind of jumping the gun here, but I wonder how much they'll expand on the other areas. Obviously not as much as Midgar, but I wonder what else they could add to these locations.
they said in a tweet recwntly that ypull be able to take the train between the slums and upper plates. So A lot

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that Kitase seems to be helming the press instead of Nomura at all FFVIIR events.
It might be like recent Zelda games where the producer handles almost all of the PR and interviews while the director stays in Japan to have as much time working on the game as possible.

Nomura is also still working on multiple projects at once since the Kingdom Hearts III DLC is in development too right now.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I agree, Kitase even seems to be doing a lot of interviews which has previously been where Nomura is most prevalent in his projects. I wonder if having Kitase on the project is a relief for Nomura in that regard.
It probably helps a lot. Nomura knows Kitase very well, and Kitase can do all the international PR stuff while Nomura can focus on the development and Japanese PR.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura has a co director on vii right?
yeah but he is relatively young and I don't think he will do much PR stuff tbh. I could see him doing some livestream event stuff if they ever intend on doing something like that (live letter/ATR sort) but don't expect much in terms of interviews and traveling around the world.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I agree, Kitase even seems to be doing a lot of interviews which has previously been where Nomura is most prevalent in his projects. I wonder if having Kitase on the project is a relief for Nomura in that regard.

Absolutely, Nomura hates making public appearances. Even when attending live events or participating in streams, he's often hiding backstage or is off to the side out of view of the camera.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I really don't want to think that that implies freedom in a "you can go to this plate/slum by using the train anytime you want". Although it's certainly possible and it wouldn't be an amazing overhaul if they limit that chance to a few areas in very specific moments of the game.

I just think that the game is going to be quite linear also in terms of how they handle new areas' exploration.

They'd have to rethink quite a few things in the Midgar plot, as it was relatively restless and rushed in the original. I guess they could find some decent calm-ish situations where they set you free to explore (the downtime between the first two bombing missions is perfect I'd say), but yeah.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I really don't want to think that that implies freedom in a "you can go to this plate/slum by using the train anytime you want". Although it's certainly possible and it wouldn't be an amazing overhaul.

I just think that the game is going to be quite linear also in terms of how they handle new areas' exploration.

They'd have to rethink quite a few things in the Midgar plot, as it was relatively restless and rushed in the original. I guess they could find some decent calm-ish situations where they set you free to explore (the downtime between the first two bombing missions is perfect I'd say), but yeah.
I think based on what we have seen, it is safe to say that you will be going between limited areas as well as slightly more open areas. I can see the high way system having a loop of going back and forth with the motorcycles. As well as either being on top of the train or perhaps just inside it. I don't think you are visiting the bar once or twice and going onward. We will perhaps get missions from hub zones and go to different areas. For example, a random avalanche member is chilling somewhere in the neighborhood or slums and has a quest for you. You do it and go back.

We will see..

I can also see a late game thing after Shinra where the town is in lockdown mode and enemies are stronger and out looking for you. Maybe you have to hide Red XIII a bit or avoid Turks / agents in certain spots. This is all wishful thinking, however..they do mention traveling between slums and plates, and we have certainly seen concept shots of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.