• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it seems like no photos for FF7R booth
EAZVs3nUcAAoYT5

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Is it crazy to believe this game will look even better as it gets closer to release?

Man, this is going to be an absolute event!

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Is it crazy to believe this game will look even better as it gets closer to release?

Man, this is going to be an absolute event!
Considering how much positive change there was between just the May State of Play trailer and the June E3 trailer, I don't think it's crazy. There was probably a few months of build time between those two trailers and they still have ~7 months to go.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
New footage very soon is unlikely imo... I would expect something new around TGS.
With every passing week & month, it becomes unlikelier & unlikelier that FFVIIR doesn't make an appearance in the remaining big gaming conventions (+ appearances at some random comic cons) or that they'd keep just repeating the initial info & other stuff entirely from E3. I'd wager a guess the remaining big stuff this year will go somewhere along these lines:

-Gamescom: new trailer (maybe villain/Turks-focused), still using the E3 demo for the showfloor
-TGS: new trailer that shows how they are expanding Midgar to make their "as much content as a mainline FF" promise hold true, maybe new gameplay demonstration of a new segment in the veins of the Scorpion boss battle (like, show some possible sidequest if they've added such or show direct feed clip of the motorcycle mini-game)
-PGW: new trailer (focus on the Avalanche members and how their roles have maybe been expanded?)
-TGA and/or PSX: a new trailer & a new lengthy(ish) demo(nstration) perhaps

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
With every passing week & month, it becomes unlikelier & unlikelier that FFVIIR doesn't make an appearance in the remaining big gaming conventions (+ appearances at some random comic cons) or that they'd keep just repeating the initial info & other stuff entirely from E3. I'd wager a guess the remaining big stuff this year will go somewhere along these lines:

-Gamescom: new trailer (maybe villain/Turks-focused), still using the E3 demo for the showfloor
-TGS: new trailer that shows how they are expanding Midgar to make their "as much content as a mainline FF" promise hold true, maybe new gameplay demonstration of a new segment in the veins of the Scorpion boss battle (like, show some possible sidequest if they've added such or show direct feed clip of the motorcycle mini-game)
-PGW: new trailer (focus on the Avalanche members and how their roles have maybe been expanded?)
-TGA and/or PSX: a new trailer & a new lengthy(ish) demo(nstration) perhaps

You forgot Jump Festa.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
You forgot Jump Festa.
So I did. Jump Festa could maybe be close enough to release to get the "Final" trailer and after that there will be more of a focus on press previews with direct feed footage from a demo of a near finished version of the game & short tv spots that mostly recycle footage we've already seen.

Oct 25, 2017
Replaying FF7 right now.

Its good, but I'm not 100% sure I'd recommend it to a newcomer.

A lot of the time a scene will end, and I will have literally no idea what it wants me to do next or where to go.

And I'm going from place to place and there is almost no story connecting any of it.

Like, I'll finish the mission in a town, then it'll kick you back outside the town, and you're just looking around like "Uhhh.......where to now?" and the game is just "/shrug. Just walk."

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Replaying FF7 right now.

A lot of the time a scene will end, and I will have literally no idea what it wants me to do next or where to go.

And I'm going from place to place and there is almost no story connecting any of it.

Like, I'll finish the mission in a town, then it'll kick you back outside the town, and you're just looking around like "Uhhh.......where to now?" and the game is just "/shrug. Just walk."

90s game design in a nutshell...

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Replaying FF7 right now.

So can we call it a bad game because we can't recommend to a newcomer? That is what someone rationale for saying playing the first Metroid were a waste of time.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Replaying FF7 right now.

Until you get the tiny bronco or highwind, the world map is pretty much just a really elaborate hallway. Most of the time there is only one path forward.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's for the Avengers game. Anyway, if VII Remake desn't get new info on Gamescon at least we have TGS a month later.
I think the Avengers will have presence there yeah. But they already confirmed the gameplay footage will go live to public after Gamescom ends, so if they have something for Avengers there it would be new trailer.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Loveless, like, a play? Why would it have a permanent neon fixture devoted to it like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.