• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Loveless, like, a play? Why would it have a permanent neon fixture devoted to it like that?
FGV2ci4.jpg

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018

I hope Geoff's opening show has a trailer for this, even if short. But I honestly can see them waiting for TGS (I have more optimism in them showing something during Gamescon now that, say, after E3, so let's hope).

EDIT: I'm slow

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
I hope SE is willing to reveal the final name or subtitle or part 1 or whatever they have in mind for this FFVII RE Episode at GC or TGS.
I think it is strange that SE is naming it just FFVII Remake without any subtitle while knowing this game will be split into parts.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I hope SE is willing to reveal the final name or subtitle or part 1 or whatever they have in mind for this FFVII RE Episode at GC or TGS.
I think it is strange that SE is naming it just FFVII Remake without any subtitle while knowing this game will be split into parts.
At this point I don't expect any subtitles to be added. I find it dumb move from SE to call this Final Fantasy VII Remake and I could see some backlash when the game comes out.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the entirety of the demo is filmed and put online. I want to see everything.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
The e3 demo seems so polished. I think Square Enix will only bring this demo to tradeshows till release.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
I still think something like:

Final Fantasy VII: Midgar
Final Fantasy VII: Gaia
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis or Final Fantasy VII: Meteor

would be good.

Adonais

Oct 29, 2017
Metaverse

I'd be happy if they just changed the logo. Why does meteor look like an enamel pin? So they can promote future merchandise? It's dumb.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Anyone who has been to gamescom, is 72 stations enough that you dont have to queue 8 hours to play a 15 minute demo? I've heard horrible stories about last GCs lol (one involving someone shitting on the floor to play a game)

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Anyone who has been to gamescom, is 72 stations enough that you dont have to queue 8 hours to play a 15 minute demo? I've heard horrible stories about last GCs lol (one involving someone shitting on the floor to play a game)
72 stations is def enough. There will always be ques but not 8h with that many stations, there's no way. It's an absurd amount of people visiting GC but it's across multiple days.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
At least I guess we'll have plenty of impressions seeing GC's attendance levels and the amount of demo stations they're gonna have there.

A cool thing S-E could do (if they want to wait for TGS for a new trailer or meaningful info) is uploading a full walkthrough of the demo. It'd essentially be what we've seen before but direct-feed, uninterrumpted and unedited to make for a nice, what, 10-15 minute long video?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
At least I guess we'll have plenty of impressions seeing GC's attendance levels and the amount of demo stations they're gonna have there.

A cool thing S-E could do (if they want to wait for TGS for a new trailer or meaningful info) is uploading a full walkthrough of the demo. It'd essentially be what we've seen before but direct-feed, uninterrumpted and unedited to make for a nice, what, 10-15 minute long video?
I think the demo will be behind closed doors again.

The demo has framerate and IQ issues apparently.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I think the demo will be behind closed doors again.

The demo has framerate and IQ issues apparently.
Had forgotten about that.

Although wasn't the "secret" demo (the one showing the entire Bombing Run right up to the boss fight) supposed to run better? I know the demo stations (well, rather the TVs) were mostly the ones to blame for the IQ, but I swear I remember people saying it actually ran better in that build. Which they could use if they want to show more of the game (by splicing and editing its contents), even if it wouldn't be the demo per se.

Really doubt it, though. I think we'll have to wait until TGS. I'm betting on Red to be shown there.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Had forgotten about that.

Although wasn't the "secret" demo (the one showing the entire Bombing Run right up to the boss fight) supposed to run better? I know the demo stations (well, rather the TVs) were mostly the ones to blame for the IQ, but I swear I remember people saying it actually ran better in that build. Which they could use if they want to show more of the game (by splicing and editing its contents), even if it wouldn't be the demo per se.

Really doubt it, though. I think we'll have to wait until TGS. I'm betting on Red to be shown there.
It did seem like the behind the closed door demo they showed was much newer build, but that is probably too long to have it as a public demo. The public demo people got to play didn't even have the mode system implemented if I remember correctly.

Technically they could update the public demo build as time goes on. They did it was Kingdom Hearts demos.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping they release the full behind closed doors demo from E3.
As in actual demo on PS4, or just footage?

Honestly if they decide to release a public demo on PSN or bundle it with another game, that behind closed door makes more sense than the public demo that is playable on the booth. The current playable demo on the booth is way too short, lacks some gameplay features, and has some performance issues. It wouldn't be an ideal demo to be release on PSN store.

If they ever decide to release the demo as a download, I do expect it to be much closer to release, sometime early next year.

Oct 25, 2017
As in actual demo on PS4, or just footage?

Honestly if they decide to release a public demo on PSN or bundle it with another game, that behind closed door makes more sense than the public demo that is playable on the booth. The current playable demo on the booth is way too short, lacks some gameplay features, and has some performance issues. It wouldn't be an ideal demo to be release on PSN store.

If they ever decide to release the demo as a download, I do expect it to be much closer to release, sometime early next year.

Yeah, just the video. I don't expect a demo at all.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, just the video. I don't expect a demo at all.
I do expect a demo eventually, although like I said I expect it much closer to launch.

As for video maybe they might show some parts but the whole bombing mission I don't see them showing.... Hopefully I am wrong though.

It would be nice if they showed some new side quests/traversing around Midgar stuff.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think announcing a demo for download at the PSX this year would be a cool thing to do.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Honestly, if they're to actually release the VIII Remaster physically, a demo bundled in would be a great way to drive a shitton of sales and, well, pump up the price like they did with Type-0, I guess...

If FF VIII Remaster releases, say, November or December even (weird month, though), it'd be around 3 months before launch, so it wouldn't be too crazy even if it's still a while (the Duscae demo was a whole different beast, and so was the Platinum one).

I feel like the entire Bombing Run until the Scorpion might be a bit too much for a demo (I know the original demo was like that), but who knows, their public demo might be a bit short, I guess.
It did seem like the behind the closed door demo they showed was much newer build, but that is probably too long to have it as a public demo. The public demo people got to play didn't even have the mode system implemented if I remember correctly.

Technically they could update the public demo build as time goes on. They did it was Kingdom Hearts demos.
Yep, that's why I said editing that (so that it features whatever the playable demo did) could be a good way of showing what most people have played at events, while sorting out any performance/lack of features issues. But you're right, they did do that with KH3, so it wouldn't be crazy.

I just need more, even if it's not that new: the taste of the banter between Cloud and Barret we got and Max and other's account of the secret demo has me really excited to see how everything connects and holds up in a continuous play, because in no way was I expecting this game's presentation to be so smooth, seamless and natural.

Granted, I wasn't expecting KH-tier cutscenes either (they were an improvement in 3, but still...), but what we've seen has been surprisingly dynamic and cinematic.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, if they're to actually release the VIII Remaster physically, a demo bundled in would be a great way to drive a shitton of sales and, well, pump up the price like they did with Type-0, I guess...

If FF VIII Remaster releases, say, November or December even (weird month, though), it'd be around 3 months before launch, so it wouldn't be too crazy even if it's still a while (the Duscae demo was a whole different beast, and so was the Platinum one).

I feel like the entire Bombing Run until the Scorpion might be a bit too much for a demo (I know the original demo was like that), but who knows, their public demo might be a bit short, I guess.

Yep, that's why I said editing that (so that it features whatever the playable demo did) could be a good way of showing what most people have played at events, while sorting out any performance/lack of features issues. But you're right, they did do that with KH3, so it wouldn't be crazy.

I just need more, even if it's not that new: the taste of the banter between Cloud and Barret we got and Max and other's account of the secret demo has me really excited to see how everything connects and holds up in a continuous play, because in no way was I expecting this game's presentation to be so smooth, seamless and natural.

Granted, I wasn't expecting KH-tier cutscenes either (they were an improvement in 3, but still...), but what we've seen has been surprisingly dynamic and cinematic.
Max pointed this out when he was talking about the impression, but it does seem the cutscene flows are much better than what we saw at PSX 2015 trailer (which was a bit stiff/slow)
I do really want to see more cutscenes (that are not cut in the trailers). Hopefully at least by TGS we see a lot of these stuff.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I think they might try to minimize any visible additions to the title. Maybe just a small "CH. 2" at the corner.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sooo i played a little of crisis core again recently, the game aged badly, repetitive small maps, enemies, the missions, the bad story elements. Due to the PSP limitations its a good game for its time there's some good stuff there, but now i dont know If a remaster is a good idea, the game needs big changes not possible only in a remaster project. Maybe Just use the PSP emulator thats in the PS4 + trophies, to be more acessible.
I believe now that DLC or a big chapter in the remake would do more justice to Zack and ff7 than a remaster of crisis core.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I think the best way for Crisis Core to come back is to incorporate it into part of the Remake, whether it's part of the main game or a separate DLC. I never liked the gameplay of Crisis Core in the first place so I actually wouldn't want a remaster of that game anyway.
Just make it much shorter, concise with FF7R visuals and combat system and it would be great.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I might be receptive to a DLC retelling a less saccharine Zack story after all the parts are released(whenever that is).

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the only things they really need are non-crazy Sephiroth and Zack. You don't need much for that.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
You'd think they'd be slapping "part one" on all the ads for this thing

unless this is the most legendary misdirect of all time

msia2k75

Nov 1, 2017
Sooo i played a little of crisis core again recently, the game aged badly, repetitive small maps, enemies, the missions, the bad story elements. Due to the PSP limitations its a good game for its time there's some good stuff there, but now i dont know If a remaster is a good idea, the game needs big changes not possible only in a remaster project. Maybe Just use the PSP emulator thats in the PS4 + trophies, to be more acessible.
I believe now that DLC or a big chapter in the remake would do more justice to Zack and ff7 than a remaster of crisis core.
I think the best way for Crisis Core to come back is to incorporate it into part of the Remake, whether it's part of the main game or a separate DLC. I never liked the gameplay of Crisis Core in the first place so I actually wouldn't want a remaster of that game anyway.
Just make it much shorter, concise with FF7R visuals and combat system and it would be great.

imo, there's nothing of Crisis Core needed in FF7r.

Status
Not open for further replies.