• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

msia2k75

Nov 1, 2017
What if the Advance Game Special demo is the long one they showed behind the scenes? 🤔

Although even if it's 45 minutes long and the public demo is way shorter, they can still fill that time up while interviewing/debating/restarting the demo.

Could be that... I can't see them creating different demos now.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Could be that... I can't see them creating different demos now.
Yeah, if they show new uninterrupted footage from now on (that isn't the Bombing Run) is going to be from whatever build they have of the entire game.

Crossing my fingers they show some Midgar exploration next week, although I keep my hopes in check and expect the E3 demo as being publicly shown for the first time and a new trailer.

EDIT: oh, a new episode of these analysis came out some hours ago. I haven't watched it yet, but they've been incredibly detailed and fun:

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
With 40mins i hope we get the trailer, some details over it, and then a few clips with more combat details, exploration and menus (especially materia!).

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
With 40mins i hope we get the trailer, some details over it, and then a few clips with more combat details, exploration and menus (especially materia!).
Let me have a fucked up menu colour scheme again, you cowards.
ePTSSfq.png

Classic FF blue is the only way to go. Always.

Except in FF IX. There's something about that gray.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I do wonder how the Weapon battles will be handled. I worry they'll just be huge spectacle things with QTEs. I did hear a cool idea that I think could work if it was mixed with lots of action and dodging - using multiple casts of Mini to shrink them down to FFXV Iron Giant size.
Honestly I can't even imagine how they'll handle it and I think that's why I'm so excited. It's a long way off though considering they only turn up along with Meteor

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Let me have a fucked up menu colour scheme again, you cowards.
ePTSSfq.png

Classic FF blue is the only way to go. Always.

Except in FF IX. There's something about that gray.

Oh yes i would love this, even if i too would keep the blue but that would be a nice nostalgia touch.

Yeah i switched IX menus to blue asap

Oct 31, 2017
This + Not putting "Part 1" in the title = the backlash would be immense

I don't think so, personally. We live in a day and age where a vast majority of people who play games also regularly use the internet, plus most games that have a story split into multiple parts don't have a "Part 1" in the first title. I obviously expect some whining from the probably very small amount of uninformed people who played the original and then blindly buy this, but that's about it.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the camp that the vast majority of people that will pick this up will have no idea it is just Midgar and they really need to change the title to reflect that or people are going to be pissed.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's going to be damn near impossible to buy it and not realise that it's only the first part. One of the first results when you Google FF7 Remake tells you that it's split into parts, most articles around the game make it clear it's not a full remake, reviews certainly will as well and the PSN store states that it's the first part so it's a safe bet that a physical copy will as well.

The number of people who will pick up the game in March and be shocked that it's not a full remake can probably be counted on one hand.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's going to be damn near impossible to buy it and not realise that it's only the first part. One of the first results when you Google FF7 Remake tells you that it's split into parts, most articles around the game make it clear it's not a full remake, reviews certainly will as well and the PSN store states that it's the first part so it's a safe bet that a physical copy will as well.

The number of people who will pick up the game in March and be shocked that it's not a full remake can probably be counted on one hand.
Do you think it's not the case that people just see games are out at game stores and buy them? Not everyone is as 'online' as us.

In regards to the PSN store stating it's the first part, I didn't know that, so that's good to know!

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Do you think it's not the case that people just see games are out at game stores and buy them? Not everyone is as 'online' as us.

In regards to the PSN store stating it's the first part, I didn't know that, so that's good to know!

Yeah there are still people who do buy games off the shelves without doing much research. I hope it says that it is just the first part on the back of the box at least.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017

Oh, that definitely happens! But since the PSN store clearly states that this is only the Midgar portion it's a safe assumption that physical copies will do the same.

I just can't see the lack of a subtitle or "Part 1" being a big issue. It's only going to be an issue to people who never look up the game online and don't look at the PSN store description or the box. Which would likely be an incredibly small number of people.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I think they will have to put something big on the back of the case saying it only covers Midgar.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

I agree, but will there be much overlap between those people and people who are well-versed on the original and so are expecting more? Or would they largely just buy the game, play it, and see what I assume will be a lengthy experience with a pretty satisfying ending that sets up a sequel, like many games these days? And that's if they even beat it at all, I heard most players of a game never do.

That said, I agree that calling it Final Fantasy VII Remake with no qualifier is pretty off. They could at least give it a MIDGAR subtitle.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Oh, that definitely happens! But since the PSN store clearly states that this is only the Midgar portion it's a safe assumption that physical copies will do the same.

I just can't see the lack of a subtitle or "Part 1" being a big issue. It's only going to be an issue to people who never look up the game online and don't look at the PSN store description or the box. Which would likely be an incredibly small number of people.

They are blowing this out of proportions. They act like casuals can't read.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
So I checked the PSN Store, and... I'm actually not quite sure that this is clear enough.

A spectacular reimagining of one of the most visionary games ever, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE rebuilds and expands the legendary RPG for today.

The first entry in a multi-part saga, delivering a level of depth inconceivable for the original. Mind-blowing story, unforgettable characters, epic battles and technical excellence collide.

The world has fallen under the control of the Shinra Electric Power Company, a shadowy corporation controlling the planet's very life force as mako energy.
In the sprawling city of Midgar, an anti-Shinra organization calling themselves Avalanche have stepped up their resistance. Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra's elite SOLDIER unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to the group, unaware of the epic consequences that await him.

I could easily see some more casual players reading about the 'multi-part saga' and, by making an assumption from the title, thinking this means that they're 'rebuilding' the original game in the first entry and 'expanding' the story in the sense of continuing it with sequels. It never explicitly says it's only set in Midgar, just that it begins there.

It seems clearly obvious to us, sure, but to the layman? I don't know.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
What if the Advance Game Special demo is the long one they showed behind the scenes? 🤔

Although even if it's 45 minutes long and the public demo is way shorter, they can still fill that time up while interviewing/debating/restarting the demo.
I think I see some people misunderstanding this demo play from Dengeki and Famitsu.
Both famitsu and Dengeki are saying "Advance gameplay of TGS demo"
When they say "advance", it just means playing the TGS demo in advance (earlier) compared to the public who will actually go to the even and play it themselves. It specifically says it will be TGS demo that they are playing.
Unless the public TGS demo is different from E3/Gamescom (other than the language), it won't be anything different.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I think I see some people misunderstanding this demo play from Dengeki and Famitsu.
Both famitsu and Dengeki are saying "Advance gameplay of TGS demo"
When they say "advance", it just means playing the TGS demo in advance (earlier) compared to the public who will actually go to the even and play it themselves. It specifically says it will be TGS demo that they are playing.
Unless the public TGS demo is different from E3/Gamescom (other than the language), it won't be anything different.
Makes sense, yeah (I was expecting the old demo anyways, as I thought the title was just a fancy name or a result of translating from Japanese).

I do hope that whatever they have on Saturday at Sony's stage isn't that, especially since it's not a very meaty demo and we've already seen it in pieces and even leaked.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense, yeah (I was expecting the old demo anyways, as I thought the title was just a fancy name or a result of translating from Japanese).

I do hope that whatever they have on Saturday at Sony's stage isn't that, especially since it's not a very meaty demo and we've already seen it in pieces and even leaked.
It seems like Nomura's latest interview said something along the line "Kitase will deliver latest information at the venue"
And by venue I assume he is talking about the Sony's stage show, so I am hopeful.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It seems like Nomura's latest interview said something along the line "Kitase will deliver latest information at the venue"
And by venue I assume he is talking about the Sony's stage show, so I am hopeful.
I know it's most likely out of Nomura not really liking being in these kinds of things too much and him being busy, but I love the, well, love Kitase's getting so far in the marketing of this game, which is nice considering his history with VII. Both him and Ito are living legends that I wish to see returning to directing roles all the time.

I wonder how much more involved he is with Remake's development compared to his other games as producer.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's most likely out of Nomura not really liking being in these kinds of things too much and him being busy, but I love the, well, love Kitase's getting so far in the marketing of this game, which is nice considering his history with VII. Both him and Ito are living legends that I wish to see returning to directing roles all the time.

I wonder how much more involved he is with Remake's development compared to his other games as producer.
Wasn't there some info a while ago where Kitase said he was in charge of certain floor in the Shinra building?
I am assuming Kitase is a lot more heavily involved in producing this game compared to other games such as FFXIII trilogy since he was the one who directed the orignal. I feel Nomura and Hamaguchi would consult Kitase regarding a lot of the aspects.

I always took impression that Kitase was laid-back and not too deep into actual game development when he was producing XIII, and was more of PR stuff.... I mean there was famous diss from Sakaguchi about Kitase's roll as a producer.

Like you said, I feel Kitase doing a lot of PR stuff is mainly because Nomura doesn't like public appearance, and only shows up when he absolutely has to (like at E3).

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Wasn't there some info a while ago where Kitase said he was in charge of certain floor in the Shinra building?
I am assuming Kitase is a lot more heavily involved in producing this game compared to other games such as FFXIII trilogy since he was the one who directed the orignal. I feel Nomura and Hamaguchi would consult Kitase regarding a lot of the aspects.

I always took impression that Kitase was laid-back and not too deep into actual game development when he was producing XIII, and was more of PR stuff.... I mean there was famous diss from Sakaguchi about Kitase's roll as a producer.

Like you said, I feel Kitase doing a lot of PR stuff is mainly because Nomura doesn't like public appearance, and only shows up when he absolutely has to (like at E3).
Didn't know about the Shinra Building stuff, but yep, I found this: "...Kitase will be in charge of designing and planning of floors 69 and 70 of the Shinra Building in the game, apparently because he has a fondness for the content in question".

For those who don't remember, they're specifically the last two floors: the highest office space and President Shinra's personal office:
latest
latest

We've already seen the latter in concept art and a little bit of its in-game appareance:
6c1d9d89152a32a17d07e2086917b454.jpg

NjnnCA3.jpg

Even beyond this fact, it does seem like he's comparatively more involved with this game indeed. That anecdote with Nomura surprised after finding out he was the director in an early internal meeting tells me that he was under the impression Kitase was the director for a good reason.

And yeah that Sakaguchi dig is hilarious. Honestly, while not bad games, I really didn't care for any in the XIII trilogy (and I hated with a passion that we were stuck with them for so many years. The late 2000s and early 2010s were a dark time) and all of that kinda made me forget just how amazing Kitase is at this stuff. Hopefully the VII Remake experiment turns out to be good, it seems like they're on the right track.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
"No Part 1 in title?!?! False advertising! Preorder cancelled/returned!"

Look, people ain't gonna give a fuckity-fuck come March.
The game will drop with a 92 meta, people will be digging into Midgar, and then holding their empty bowls out for the second game... stars in their eyes!

I, for one, greatly look forward to the inevitable "I was SO wrong about FFVIIR" post by PlanetSmasher. 😉

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
saw this earlier. Better quality than the earlier demo.
Cool to see Triple Slash in action (outside of the trailer)
FRsbowo.gif

nice warm-up swing, cloud

y'know I used to really hate the sliding animation when I watched the other trailers because it just looked "unfinisished". But as soon as I saw someone mention that it's probably an homage to how he moves in the original, I automatically started tolerating it more.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they keep some of the body horror aspects of the original. They need to make that part where you get out of jail with the blood trailer extra creepy.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I hope they keep some of the body horror aspects of the original. They need to make that part where you get out of jail with the blood trailer extra creepy.
That sequence was very special and creepy to me for two reasons

The fact that we hadn't seen Sephiroth yet.
&
This

Not sure how they're gonna handle that sequence in the remake. I would have really wanted them to not show Sephiroth in the first game, but that's just my opinion. This is not a 1-1 Remake so who knows what's gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.