• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
"We haven't revealed anything for a while"

Dude, by Square standards it feels like yesterday. lol

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Sony Stage live show info

EEG0oHGUEAIuOtE

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm taking that to mean we're getting a new gameplay demo.

So does that mean we're getting a new trailer and potentially a new gameplay demo from TGS?

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Don't count on new gameplay demo. With these sorts of events, it's very much possible that they could rehash the same demo.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
The demo for Saturday too then :/

Although that'd be a bit redundant if Dengeki and Famitsu have that as well, but hey. I hope they at least say/something meaty enough come Saturday.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I was taking that to mean a new demo since it sounds like they intend to share new information.

You're right that it's probably better to keep expectations low though.
What I expect is something like:

-Introduction on what FF7 is
-Watch TGS trailer again
-Some key features of the remake (that we already know)
-live demo gameplay (of the same demo)
-some brand new info (on powerpoint slide+short footage)
-closing comments

this.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I assume they'll show more footage from the closed-doors demo at E3, I'll be surprised if they just show the boss battle again.

It seemed like a pretty meaty demo and very polished judging by the previews so it makes sense for them to save footage for later events like this TGS since they obviously aren't going to create another demo to showcase the game.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
The thing about the behind closed door demo is that it seemed pretty long... They would be talking over and such, and Max said something around 30 minutes?

This entire program is scheduled to be 40 minutes, so I don't really see them spending 30 minutes on the gameplay demo.
Of course I would love to be wrong and they show what we haven't seen already... but too often I have been disappointed with these live events at TGS.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I suppose the less they show the more surprise is in store come release day if this is going to be as meaty as they say it is

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
What I expect is something like:

-Introduction on what FF7 is
-Watch TGS trailer again
-Some key features of the remake (that we already know)
-live demo gameplay (of the same demo)
-some brand new info (on powerpoint slide+short footage)
-closing comments

this.
That all seems fairly reasonable.

If we do get new info from TGS as well as the new trailer then I'm hoping they at least talk about exploration, even if they don't demo it. Exploration and the game's structure are kind of my two biggest questions at this point.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
The thing about the behind closed door demo is that it seemed pretty long... They would be talking over and such, and Max said something around 30 minutes?

This entire program is scheduled to be 40 minutes, so I don't really see them spending 30 minutes on the gameplay demo.
Of course I would love to be wrong and they show what we haven't seen already... but too often I have been disappointed with these live events at TGS.

Maybe they'll just show bits from the demo to showcase some stuff in particular instead of the whole thing.

Or maybe they'll focus on the gameplay systems (iirc Maximilian asked them about this because of the combo attacks doing more damage or something and they told him they'll talk about that stuff at a later date).

Seeing just the boss battle again would be a bummer.

7th_heaven

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
That all seems fairly reasonable.

If we do get new info from TGS as well as the new trailer then I'm hoping they at least talk about exploration, even if they don't demo it. Exploration and the game's structure are kind of my two biggest questions at this point.
I think it will linear like FF13??? Same team with FF13, right?

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they'll just show bits from the demo to showcase some stuff in particular instead of the whole thing.

Or maybe they'll focus on the gameplay systems (iirc Maximilian asked them about this because of the combo attacks doing more damage or something and they told him they'll talk about that stuff at a later date).

Seeing just the boss battle again would be a bummer.
I could see something like them showing the boss battle, and another live demo of something we haven't seen. Could be another fight with Tifa this time, just exploring the Midgar, etc.
At least we have new information confirmed, so it should be exciting.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 50/50 on whether they show red 13 right now or not...

Im gonna say no to red, but they show off a very quick tease of cloud in the dress. Like at the end.

Oct 27, 2017
Really want to see Red Xiii - in combat ideally (he's my favorite so I want him in my team for part one), but also just want to make sure they've moved away from the abominable design he had in Advent Children.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Really want to see Red Xiii - in combat ideally (he's my favorite so I want him in my team for part one), but also just want to make sure they've moved away from the abominable design he had in Advent Children.

Wait, what was wrong with the AC design? I looked it up again and it's basically just a realistic interpretation of his game design - I don't really see any big alterations.

Status
Not open for further replies.