• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
square can go fuck themselves with this dogshit, expensive, delayed PC port. i'm not even mad it's exclusive to epic, it clearly needs some more time in the oven before it's any good...if they even bother to patch it with any speed (see nier automata PC). maybe by the time it comes to steam it'll be satisfactory instead of terrible

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 60 mode can go down to 1152p according to DF which is nearly 1080p, either way the TAA implementation is terrible and weird post process pipeline takes a big hit to IQ. I am not defending the PC version, I don't own it and won't buy that shit for $70, just voicing my issues with the other version.
I'm not a fan of the TAA either although the ghosting was thankfully reduced from the PS4 version which had especially egregious implementation. I was hoping people would figure out how to disable it for something else on PC but no dice so far.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
It's not opting to do that.
Opencritic just doesn't have a PC page for FFVII Remake. Infact I don't think it does separate page for different versions at all.

Epic chose to make reviews an opt in choice for publishers, as well as not offer user reviews. This is done to protect publishers and not consumers, who as we see here are oblivious to potential problems, since it's Epic exclusive.
Works perfectly for Square, who's no stranger to releasing garbage PC ports. Thanks to Epic exclusivity, they can keep users in the dark, while banging them for $70.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Epic chose to make reviews an opt in choice for publishers, as well as not offer user reviews. This is done to protect publishers and not consumers, who as we see here are oblivious to potential problems, since it's Epic exclusive.
Works perfectly for Square, who's no stranger to releasing garbage PC ports. Thanks to Epic exclusivity, they can keep users in the dark, while banging them for $70.
What I'm saying is that regardless of whether it was publisher choice or not, it would not have mattered because Opencritic does not have separate page and score aggregate for separate platforms. So it's not done out of choice. As in they did not "Opt in to only show PS4" reviews.

And even if it did have separate pages, it's on the publisher and not Epic to show the review scores on the page. Your comment was initially about how Epic would keep you in the dark when all this is on the publisher.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not buying this POS port, but to everyone complaining about stutter, have you tried -dx11 launch option? Apparently Square left the DX11 renderer intact and it should run a lot more consistently.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Nah doesn't work there is only DX12 unfortunately.

Really? I'm hearing otherwise from people playing it on one of my linux discords. Maybe running it through EGS is losing the launch option? Can you make a shortcut directly to the EXE and try it?

Edit: got some more details, -dx11 definitely works if passed through the EGS launch options setting. Some... Alternative ways of getting the game have some additional complications.

Last edited:

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
Garbage port, almost 100 Canadian. Pretty easy decision to wait for a deep sale on steam in 18 months.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Wow so the PC version is identical to the PS5 in regards image quality? I thought it might look better or whatever. They really did just get this running and called it a day. That's fucking wild.

funo

Oct 27, 2017
They really did just get this running and called it a day. That's fucking wild.
That's the good part - they called it a day even before getting it running (properly).

Glad I didn't buy it (mainly because of the absolutely ridiculous 80 € price point on PC)
Will wait for some fixes but eventually I'll have to play this game... waited for so long

Sakuyahime

Sep 21, 2019
Argentina
The stutters for me happen for the most part when loading towns with lots of NPC's, it doesn't happen very often BUT in one of the clips I managed to record around Aerith's house I also got what seemed like random stuttering just by walking in circles through the path, and its a small area where everything should be loaded already, hmm...

I'm using Special K to monitor framerate/frametimes and GPU/CPU load. GPU utilization on an RTX2070 Super seems to be high enough around 75% in the field and then 95% in battle for me, while CPU utilization stays around the 40% mark on a Ryzen 5600x.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Performance remains the same even with DRS disabled? Woot woot.

Game will look great when I play it on steam in 2025 just before part 2 comes out

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I have not played the PC version, but I have played the PS5 version and it is not that great. It looks very blurry and washed out in 60 FPS mode, aggressive resolution scaling that hits close to 1080p at times. If the resolution scaling can be disabled (already a mod for that) and the stuttering is resolved (TBD) PC will be significantly superior.
Nvm

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I just meant stays within the ballpark 120 fps with a 3080/90. Unless this is one of the rare games where the 90 gets more than a 5-10 frame advantage

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Modders discovered this is a dev build and not a release build. They're saying it just means it has some debug stuff but I wonder if this has anything to do with the stuttering issues.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Modders discovered this is a dev build and not a release build. They're saying it just means it has some debug stuff but I wonder if this has anything to do with the stuttering issues.
If that's the case then yes it's possible. Debuggers affect performance.

But I'd like to know what they are basing this on.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
If that's the case then yes it's possible. Debuggers affect performance.

But I'd like to know what they are basing this on.
They pulled this from the files:

[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]
BuildConfiguration=PPBC_Development
FullRebuild=False
UsePakFile=True
bGenerateChunks=False
bChunkHardReferencesOnly=False
IncludePrerequisites=True
IncludeCrashReporter=False
InternationalizationPreset=English
+CulturesToStage=en
DefaultCulture=en
bSkipEditorContent=false
bSharedMaterialNativeLibraries=False
bShareMaterialShaderCode=False

Its normally "PPBC_Shipping" for released games apparently

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017

FullRebuild=False
UsePakFile=True
bGenerateChunks=False
+CulturesToStage=en
DefaultCulture=en
bSkipEditorContent=false

You can't make this shit up.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

FullRebuild=False
UsePakFile=True
bGenerateChunks=False
+CulturesToStage=en
DefaultCulture=en
bSkipEditorContent=false

Lol $70 for a port and it's amateur hour QA. Not surprised.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017

FullRebuild=False
UsePakFile=True
bGenerateChunks=False
+CulturesToStage=en
DefaultCulture=en
bSkipEditorContent=false

Yea I saw that post in the discord myself just a while ago. Cheers

Oct 27, 2017

FullRebuild=False
UsePakFile=True
bGenerateChunks=False
+CulturesToStage=en
DefaultCulture=en
bSkipEditorContent=false

can i call them lazy now LUL LOOOOOOOOLLLLLOLLOOOLLLLOOOOL

NuadaXXX

Dec 10, 2021
Really sad runs in some areas nice but in towns it stutters like shit. i mean dogshit is smoother

Last edited:

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021

FullRebuild=False
UsePakFile=True
bGenerateChunks=False
+CulturesToStage=en
DefaultCulture=en
bSkipEditorContent=false

You have GOT to be shitting me. Like huh????

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's ok. Square will hire someone to patch it in 18 months or so when Microsoft gives them Game Pass money.

At this point I might as well just stick with my PS4 version - even though I only ever use that console nowadays for fighting game betas. No Intergrade though... Oh well.
Exactly.. I'm cool with my PS5 version, all in all it probably runs better than this bullshit on a 3090 with a Ryzen 5950X even.

FullRebuild=False
UsePakFile=True
bGenerateChunks=False
+CulturesToStage=en
DefaultCulture=en
bSkipEditorContent=false

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Well hopefully they patch it eventually. Happy with my PS5 version. My PC is a 1080 ti so unless games don't use RT and are well optimized, PS5 usually outperforms. I'll get a new GPU in a couple of years and probably buy the entire FF7 collection again on PC.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
So I think I found a procedure to transfer my completed ps4 FF7R save to PC. I'll test here in a bit once my son is asleep. If it works I'll test chapter 3 and report back.

On that topic if the process works do you want me to post it here? Be aware it requires a $50 program to decrypt the ps4 save. PS5 can transfer ps4 saves to usb drive but not ps5 saves so PS5 FF7R saves aren't able to be transferred yet.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
So I think I found a procedure to transfer my completed ps4 FF7R save to PC. I'll test here in a bit once my son is asleep. If it works I'll test chapter 3 and report back.

On that topic if the process works do you want me to post it here? Be aware it requires a $50 program to decrypt the ps4 save. PS5 can transfer ps4 saves to usb drive but not ps5 saves so PS5 FF7R saves aren't able to be transferred yet.
It's confirmed that PS saves can be transferred to PC using PS4 save wizard. There's a completed save file available in nexusmods and the uploader mentioned they took it from their Playstation

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
System testing? Whatever infrastructure that should ensure shipped code is compiled for release. Or is there an intentional reason to ship debug enabled code, like crash log uploads?

QA often get ignored on what they report, but they have no decision on what gets shipped and fixed for and on release.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
I womder if SE can port FF7 remake to UE5 and actually make the midgar plate a real time 3D structure as opposed to a flat pic. 😜

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
I womder if SE can port FF7 remake to UE5 and actually make the midgar plate a real time 3D structure as opposed to a flat pic. 😜
Ahaha that'd be nice. I'm actually waiting to see if modders can allow us to increase certain visual features beyond what the game is outputting. Not that the game doesn't look amazing at 4k already but usually UE4 settings can be tweaked further.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
It's confirmed that PS saves can be transferred to PC using PS4 save wizard. There's a completed save file available in nexusmods and the uploader mentioned they took it from their Playstation

This is what I am talking about. I don't see a guide for this anywhere. Would it be good to have one?

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
A dev build with next to zero graphical options......you know I was a little upset with the PS4 version being inconsistent graphically with certain chapters of the game just looking beyond rough but then the PS5 version came out and slightly helped in some areas but even that seemed like a lackluster improvement. I remember me and my brother talking about how much they can beef this up with a pc port and now that it's finally here this is the effort we get. It's wild really how much they don't give a damn.