• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On Sunday, Sony held a PlayStation Play! Play! Play! event presented in Japanese, and it included exclusive interviews and footage for Resident Evil Village and FF7 Remake: Intergrade, the PlayStation 5 upgrade for the first Remake. During an interview with Producer Yoshinori Kitase, a bit of nervous laughter seems to imply that Jessie may have survived the explosive events of the first game.

In the above clip, the stream's hosts discusses Jessie's increased role in Remake, particularly an early chapter where "Jessie is like the protagonist" and you visit her parents' home. That prompts one of the hosts to assume Jessie must still be alive, which makes Kitase burst into a fit of nervous laughter. A translation posted to Twitter from user @aitaikimochi sure makes it seem like there's something more to the story here.

More at:
www.inverse.com

'FF7 Remake' Part 2 could resurrect 1 dead character, producer hints

'FF7 Remake' features several tragic character deaths, but a new interview with Producer Yoshinori Kitase hints that one beloved character may have survived.

Return to the planet if old

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I know they're talking about Jessie here but...

WEDGE IS BACK TO GET THE GLORY AND SPOTLIGHT HE FUCKING DESERVES LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished up a replay of the game and I 100% believe Jessie is still alive.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I sort of figured she'd pop up in the Gold Saucer during the play scenes.
Maybe in the dragon suit or something like that.

RrYOoYJm.jpg

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
There were a lot of details they added about Jessie, like her being an actress at the Gold Saucer. We'll see some of that in some form at the very least, I'd imagine.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Please no, what an insufferable character. My great solace for part 2 has always been that whatever nonsense direction they go with the story at least she'll be gone

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Jessie.

She's the only one that should have lived.

I mean..Biggs and Wedge? Really?

Nov 23, 2017
I never thought Jessie was dead to begin with. I figured she faked her death with her acting, gave Biggs her headband, and ran off to leave Avalanche and start a new at the Gold Saucer due to the toll being with Avalanche took on her.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait. Nothing in this says that Jesse might be alive.

The creator laughed off someone asking if Jesse was alive.

Quote from the article:
In a grand way, FF7 Remake celebrates the original game's plot while also deviating pretty far from what's supposed to happen in this story. The Dementor-looking Whispers try to ensure that the original timeline is preserved, but the game's final act proves that after our heroes have defeated "Destiny" itself, anything is possible. As if to drive this point home, we're shown a scene at the very end of the game featuring Biggs, another member of Avalanche who seemingly died alongside Jessie. He's recuperating in a bed in Midgar's Sector 5, and on the desk nearby is a red headband (both he and Jessie wear them) and Jessie's armored gloves.

Are these a memento from a dead friend? Or is Jessie recuperating in a bed nearby? Whether she's alive or dead, Jessie's body was obviously found if her gloves are accounted for. And if your best friend were dead, would you really go out of your way to remove her gloves and keep them as a keepsake? Probably not, considering the fact that you'd literally be prying them from her cold, dead fingers.

This scene was probably top of mind for the Play! Play! Play! host when she asked about whether or not Jessie survived. FF7 Remake Part 2 needs to explain what the deal is with her gloves being here. Will it be a sad confirmation of her demise, or a more pleasant surprise?

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Thought they were talking about Aeris when I read the title and I was about to flip my shit.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I never thought Jessie was dead to begin with. I figured she faked her death with her acting, gave Biggs her headband, and ran off to leave Avalanche and start a new at the Gold Saucer due to the toll being with Avalanche took on her.

Her death was the only one that felt impactful of the 3. So if anything it makes the most sense Wedge and Biggs still live.

Nov 23, 2017
Her death was the only one that felt impactful of the 3. So if anything it makes the most sense Wedge and Biggs still live.
I wouldn't be upset if she actually died but I definitely wish Biggs and Wedge went with her if she died. I'm not upset about this new timeline either so I'm excited to see where things go.

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
This is turning into the worst kept secret. It's something I wouldn't have suspected at all just on my own, but with the internet, I now expect it to happen. I don't mind more Jessie at all.

I've been expecting Wedge to make it just on my own though. I thought they pretty clearly left it ambiguous in a way they wouldn't have done just to kill him.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, we'll get the "Jessie fucks Cloud scene" that was very subtly hinted at with her interactions with him through Part 1.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't Jessie's gloves on the table next to Biggs at the ending? Pretty sure everyone knows she's alive. I mean if they kept Biggs and Wedge, why would they kill off Jessie if she's the one they pushed the hardest

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
She's annoying but her story as of the remake has not been closed, its obvious she's still going to be in the game.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Wedge is a weird one. There are a lot of signs in those final chapters of rushed/sloppy writing so I'm not sure how ambiguous his "death" was meant to be. I'm really curious to see if any of that is cleaned up in Intergrade.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was likely this was going to happen when Biggs turned out OK. I like her, so no problems from me.

The big question is Aerith.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
She was one of the worst parts of the game, started skipping her scenes towards the end. So cringey and poorly written. Totally insufferable. Hope this isn't true honestly.