• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
twitter.com

Benji-Sales on Twitter

“Just a heads up Final Fantasy VII Remake Pre-Orders have completely EXPLODED Launch is going to be huge 😱”

So looks like this game is going to be huge sales wise, which I suppose shouldn't be a surprise considering the game we are talking about but very welcomed.

Would this encourage Sony to lock down an exclusivity deal with Square for PS5 for Part 2?

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Not sure this thread will be open long as I believe you are using a banned source, but I agree this will be big.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Watch it get delayed because of the virus, physical copies I mean.

Jul 26, 2018
This guy reliable at all? He said Death Stranding was tracking to be huge and Kojima's biggest game ever... IIRC

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
This dude is so vague with his nonsense there is no point in putting it anywhere. He said the same thing about Death Stranding before it cam out. Fake insider imo

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
So you're telling me a highly anticipated remake of one of the most beloved games ever is going to sell a lot of copies?

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nice to hear demos improving sales for once. Not that this is the only time, but I see demo releases as a confident move they don't expect the demo to put people off the game.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering what would be the source of such a non-news.
But yeah people are hyped for 7Remake and SE wouldnt have released the demo if they thought it would help built up even more hyped/momentum.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I'm willing to bet those pre-orders would have spiked as the release date got closer anyway. This was going to be a big release, demo or no demo.
More importantly they provided new trailers/footage and a hosted a bunch of preview events for outlets worldwide.
It would be more news worthy if pre-orders didnt increase during that period and as we move towards the actual launch.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why even though I downloaded the demo I never played it. Waiting on the XSX version so I can easily continue with the second game.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Before the demo I wasn't even considering buying it at launch. After the demo I put in a preorder about as fast as I could.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this means more demos for games in the future, I miss demos*

*Not that I've touched the FF7r demo, lol. Total media blackout 😬

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This dude is so vague with his nonsense there is no point in putting it anywhere. He said the same thing about Death Stranding before it cam out. Fake insider imo

He's not a fake insider. He gets tracking data for a particular retailer. Problem is, pre orders or initial interest doesn't necessarily translate to sales, especially if a game has mixed reviews or is of a more niche genre.

Dec 8, 2018
This is why even though I downloaded the demo I never played it. Waiting on the XSX version so I can easily continue with the second game.

What? You downloaded it but you did not play it since you are afraid you might preorder the game?

And have Square said that only the first part will have a one year exclusivity to PS? The deal might have been for the "complete" game and then you have to wait an extra year regardless.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I posted this in the FF7 thread and this is why I didn't wanna make a whole new thread lol Things get messy quick in this place

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
twitter.com

Benji-Sales on Twitter

“Just a heads up Final Fantasy VII Remake Pre-Orders have completely EXPLODED Launch is going to be huge 😱”

So looks like this game is going to be huge sales wise, which I suppose shouldn't be a surprise considering the game we are talking about but very welcomed.

Would this encourage Sony to lock down an exclusivity deal with Square for PS5 for Part 2?

I don't know. Would you like that?