• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
EQqhX2kU4AAVSn-

EQqhX2lUYAI0iHf

EQqiDspUwAAZVfP
EQqiDs-UEAAgE84

EQqiDtOU0AAMsa0

EQqjmzDVAAA7UNj

EQqjmzMUYAAtaFI
EQqjmzOUYAAY7S3

lots of screenshots in the link below
https://www.4gamer.net/games/305/G030589/20200212072/

edit: English blog post for some info
https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...reenshots-show-red-xiii-side-quests-and-more/

Last edited:

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
He looks perfect. The team involved in this game are nailing the characters.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The renders just made me wonder for the first time... Who accessorized Red? He has no opposable thumbs. Is Bugenhagen all about fashion?

Also:

022.jpg

023.jpg

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Excited to finally see quests, too:

020.jpg

According to Google Translate the kid is called Chadley

Last edited:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I guess Tifa's design is true to form for the original game ... but she looks completely out of place in every screenshot. Kinda wish they tweaked her design to fit in more with the overall aesthetic of the environments.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Tifa in battle – the basics
Next we'll look at one of the main heroes, and how she operates in battle. Tifa Lockhart is a swift fighter, who uses her martial arts to damage enemies.

She can combo fast attacks with repeated presses of the □ button, and unleash unique abilities by pressing △.

In the following screenshots, we can see her unleashing some of those skills.

blog.us.playstation.com

New Final Fantasy VII Remake Screenshots Show Red XIII, Side Quests, and More

See Tifa in action, an iconic weapon, and meet a new character, Chadley.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Unleash the fetch quests.

The chapter-based structure is interesting.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like the Nail Bat is available earlier than the OG, wonder who the AK guys are, like a slum militia?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm really glad I decided to play DQ 11 while I wait for this. Not only is it long enough to tide me over for this, but it'll be such a nice palette cleanser to go from the slower paced Dragon Quest to FFVII:RE.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I guess Tifa's design is true to form for the original game ... but she looks completely out of place in every screenshot. Kinda wish they tweaked her design to fit in more with the overall aesthetic of the environments.
Yeah. I would really appreciate the option to switch her to an entirely different outfit.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The NailBat?! 🤣 that's awesome. Square even going the extra mile to render character weapons like in the original game. Can't wait to see Barret's different gun arms and Yuffie's crazy fans.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Do we know Red XIII's English VA yet? The popular theory is that it's Matthew Mercer, but that has yet to be confirmed.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Fetch quests, fetch quests everywhere.

Not that I expected anything better from a JRPG, or Japanese games in general.

Those aren't fetch quest milestones - they're challenges for defeating enemies certain ways.

Rough google translate: "Battle reports are achieved by meeting certain conditions in battles, such as "Miyaburu" the enemy with "Miyabururu" or burst the enemy multiple times."

The kid is asking Cloud to try out Materia because he's apparently a Shinra trainee

As for other quests, there's this:

" There are various types of requests, such as requests for defeat of monsters and sometimes requests to find lost cats "

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fetch quests, fetch quests everywhere.

Not that I expected anything better from a JRPG, or Japanese games in general.

I think if they do too many of these it will hurt the games critical reception. Fetch quests seem so outdated in a World of Witcher 3 and RDR2.

Hopefully most of them are part of a chain with a good narrative.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The quest system looks similar to FFXV which I hoped. Loved that. I spent so much time just doing quests and listening to podcasts.