• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He played the demo multiple times and also provided me with a very elaborate "visual description" (excerpts contained in the collage at the bottom) of the video shown in the preparation room before playing the demo, the one Maximilian Dood also described in passing (Shinra propaganda video with Jessie hacking into the feed and explaining the gameplay).
  • It starts with a pre-rendered cinematic video showing infrastructure, workers and the daily life of Midgar.
  • A narrator is talking about the great things Shinra provides to the citizens of Midgar, leading everyone to the Promised Land with the power of Mako, which powers everything as a safe and clean energy source and is responsible for transforming Midgar into this thriving metropolis.
  • In the middle of that Shinra propaganda video, it glitches out and Jessie takes over.
  • During that cinematic video, however, we get a great look at several parts of Midgar (above the plate only, of course). Here are some notable details:
  • It starts with a camera pan over parts of Midgar showing a modern cylindrical building also seen in the background of the E3 2015 reveal teaser and the shot of Cloud on the Hardy Daytona introducing editions and pre-order bonuses. We also see a train passing by an industrial area and a highway with a noise shield on one side running perpendicular to it.
  • Another shot shows rooftops with multiple chimneys on top and another highway suspended high above with big Mako pipes running alongside of it and through the building scape. We also see a swarm of white doves flying by.
  • The imagery in both shots is very reminiscent of the reveal teaser from E3 2015.
  • Then we get a camera pan down into the streets with many different buildings resembling a neighborhood in New-York City. One of the buildings even has a silo on top like the one I described in my latest analysis video (Game Analysis #10)
  • The next few shots show cafés, restaurants, shops, traffic lights, lots of fire escapes, awnings, AC units, familiar cars driving by, citizens going about their day, children riding their bicycle and construction workers doing their job.
  • In another shot, they show mechanics swapping Mako canisters of a car (like changing batteries) and loading full ones onto a small green pickup truck with only one back wheel. We already saw similar canisters in the gameplay demonstration footage and I even mentioned those in one of my videos (Game Analysis #8).
  • In the last shot, we see a mechanical digger carrying a pipe segment. What the most interesting about it is that it doesn't bear an excavator shovel at the end of its arm but instead that very same brown robot hand seen in the original game on that broken highway in the sector 6 slums.
  • What's very interesting about those scenes is that everything takes place in broad daylight and it doesn't feel dark at all, very much comparable to those skyscraper and highway shots in the reveal teaser.
  • I hope those scenes are part of the final game releasing next year.
  • After Jessie takes over, we learn the combat basics of which we already know plenty. However, several camera angles are different. The sector 1 station interior (having different ads, and the shampoo ad returns), the Guard Dog area, the room with the elevator and the area with the large ramp where Cloud uses a Potion in the gameplay demonstration from E3 2019 also received new angles.
  • Another new aspect is Cloud's ability Triple Slash. It's the one we see him perform in the E3 2019 trailer footage in the subway tunnels. He hits 3 different targets with wide slashes which may hit multiple enemies per hit if in range. It consumes only one ATB charge.
  • We also get to see the Sweeper step onto Cloud, pinning him to the ground, inflicting high damage and bringing Cloud into the KO status, where the screen lights up in red (like when on low HP). Barret then need to use a Phoenix Down on Cloud to have him get up again. Jessie explains that the game isn't over until all party members are KOed.
  • Last point, Cloud uses an Ether which shows an orange-red effect around him to contrast the green one for Potions.

aAIZGam.png

More details at: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFVIIRemak...eresting_details_from_the_gamescom_2019_demo/

Send Jenova if ancient

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Man, if they let us explore daytime Midgar like in those screenshots I won't even mind that the first part of this game is only in Midgar. How are they just nailing everything from an aesthetic point of view

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah, I saw this. It was more exciting than actually playing the demo tbh. Want to see more of that upper plate life

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, it looks amazing. Midgar during daytime is gonna be great.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
not to be a negative nancy but it's a cinematic.. so yeah

still though. kind of mindblowing seeing midgar realized like that. hope it carries over to what's playable

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Visual Works is a gift.

I assume we'll see that propagandistic ad in-game. I love how they're handling that, including even cartoons such as that Stamps the dog one.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I always assumed Midgar was eternally dark because of pollution. But I guess there's Advent Children.

Oct 30, 2017
My favorite game of all time... just keeps getting better and better, not one single thing isn't perfect in this remake, they are nailing everything I just can't believe it.

And the Graphics, I can't believe all that is with UE4... unbelievable.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
It's been a while since I played this. How often in the game do we actually end up on the top side of the plate?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The daytime Midgar from the propaganda vid does remind me of FFXV's aesthetic... pretty effective way to make me resent Shinra more.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I wanna live there.

The "clean energy" and whole Mako plot poont is very apt for today.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I assume this video will be included in the actual game?
Would be nice to release a PSN demo someday with this included... :P

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
The bit where Jesse is giving you tips seems purely designed for the show floor demo (they dont animate Jesse's lips IIRC). Its basically a rerun of the mechanics tutorial from e3. The propaganda advert will get slotted in somewhere else I'm sure but in a different context

I posted this on the vii thread but it was like the kind of video you'd watch in an escape room. Like making it actually feel like we're working for Avalanche IRL

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where would they put it though? Before the actual game start with the CG Aerith and bombing mission? It would be kinda weird to see tutorial stuff shown before the game like this in the actual game.
In the original FFVII the tutorial section is in Sector 7 way after the first bombing mission. In FFVI and FFT it's also after the first fights and boss battles. Hell in Chrono Cross too and probably a bunch of other Square games.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
In the original FFVII the tutorial section is in Sector 7 way after the first bombing mission. In FFVI and FFT it's also after the first fights and boss battles. Hell in Chrono Cross too and probably a bunch of other Square games.
Yeah but this is a tutorial purely in video format, so it won't really fit well in terms of the gameplay flow. I don't remember past games actually having full video tutorials like this?

Like snausages says, I feel the actual CG part will be shown in different place..